Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-05-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Coming to the end of day 18 for me, watching Wimbledon

Very tired, actually all this week I've felt very tired. I don't know if it's just I'm walking more, I'm getting up earlier and being more productive. My brain is more switched on so I'm probably concentrating more too. Not the worst thing to be.

Looking for to this weekend and hitting my day 21!
I've been super tired too and was thinking the same thing, maybe it's because I'm being super productive rather then nursing a hangover...
Old 07-05-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Day 1 after 3 weeks. If I can just get that 90 days. ARGH!! I will not give up. I will try as many times as it takes. I'm still proud of myself. So here I go again.
I would be very proud, not only of the three weeks but that you came right back! Here's to three more weeks! :-)
Old 07-05-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I've been super tired too and was thinking the same thing, maybe it's because I'm being super productive rather then nursing a hangover...
I'd rather be tired than with a hangover and at day 18, I think it'd be a crippling one!
Took a nice warm shower and had some sleepy tea. Just chilling with the dog with a stress and drama free night:-)
Old 07-05-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Easyrider View Post
Hi Everyone. I'm ashamed to say I drank yesterday. But I can't give up this time. It's only a matter of time before I have a heart attack or stroke if I keep this up. I hate living like this. But it's not really living at all.
Easyrider, You are not alone. I also drank yesterday. Planned on one or two small drinks and ended up drinking so much that I was hung over most of the day. But today is a new day and we don't have to ever go that route again. Let's keep on pushing.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Day 1 after 3 weeks. If I can just get that 90 days. ARGH!! I will not give up. I will try as many times as it takes. I'm still proud of myself. So here I go again.
Sunshine, I'm rejoining with you today! Day 1
Old 07-05-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Class of July 2017! You've come to the right place....SR is the best!
Hi Purpl! Great to see you here!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Day 19 for me today. Made it well through the 4th. I am feeling angry inside but I don't know what the anger is about.
I am probably angry at myself for drinking my life away.

asixstringnut
Old 07-05-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
Day 19 for me today. Made it well through the 4th. I am feeling angry inside but I don't know what the anger is about.
I am probably angry at myself for drinking my life away.

asixstringnut
Awesome, Six!!! 19 days is fantastic. Take it from me, waste no time on being angry at yourself. Your future is so bright!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back to you too GivingUp

I really recommend recovery plans. I don;t believe recovery is somethign you can 'wing' - you need to be prepared for tests and trials

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

I also recommend knowing strategies for dealing with cravings:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

You'll get back every bit of effort you put in, so give it all you've got guys

D
Old 07-05-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back to you too GivingUp

I really recommend recovery plans. I don;t believe recovery is somethign you can 'wing' - you need to be prepared for tests and trials

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

I also recommend knowing strategies for dealing with cravings:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

You'll get back every bit of effort you put in, so give it all you've got guys

D
Thank you, Dee. I am definitely going to reread these and start working out a plan. I appreciate you so much!
Old 07-05-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I've got that today too. I was thinking it's because my body is running so much better my senses are taking in so much more. Normally i'd have my senses dulled. But all these extra (read normal) feelings are running me down. haha
Old 07-06-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hello. Good to see our class filling up. So grateful for all of you. Been feeling bad, not quite sure if its still withdraw as Im still on my first week, or coming down with flu. Many times after a quit, I tend to get sick, so not sure. Anyways, hoping to perk up soon. I hope everyone has a good sober day.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Welcome to newbies, and those returning.
Old 07-06-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Hello. Good to see our class filling up. So grateful for all of you. Been feeling bad, not quite sure if its still withdraw as Im still on my first week, or coming down with flu. Many times after a quit, I tend to get sick, so not sure. Anyways, hoping to perk up soon. I hope everyone has a good sober day.
Good Morning Stubbs. I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Just get in all the R & R you can until you're feeling more like yourself.

I'm on Day 2. I've been reading some of the wonderful information that Dee shared in making a plan. I'm pulling out my notebook and pen right now and getting started.

I'm determined that yesterday was the last hangover I will ever go through again.

I'm so glad to be in this class with all of you!
Old 07-06-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Quick check in, Day 5 in the bag. Bring on Day 6! No longer needing an arvo nap is great. i'm 35, I should be napping in the arvo..
Old 07-06-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

I always hate myself on day one but this last time I tried to look at it as the first day of the rest of my life and would not allow myself to dwell on the dreaded "day one again" . I had to force myself to look forward and concentrate on the day I was on not so much the number 1. I pray that I will not have another day one but if I do I will just have to keep marching on clean and sober.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skipper123 View Post
I always hate myself on day one but this last time I tried to look at it as the first day of the rest of my life and would not allow myself to dwell on the dreaded "day one again" . I had to force myself to look forward and concentrate on the day I was on not so much the number 1. I pray that I will not have another day one but if I do I will just have to keep marching on clean and sober.
I understand what you're saying Skipper. Yesterday was my third or fourth "Day 1" since I started and I don't ever want to see another one. I think I'm still feeling the lingering effects from yesterday's hangover.

It's now Day 2 and I want to continue building on these days and never go back. We can do this. We have to just put our heart, mind and soul into it. And, as Dee says...have a plan and don't try to wing it.
Old 07-06-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

mandosca, I was exhausted the first time I gave up alcohol but I also had the best sleep of my life. I took every chance I had to take a nap or get to bed early. i still nap most days if i can and my girls make fun of me but i tell them that i am old and i deserve it!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Givingup54 View Post
Sunshine, I'm rejoining with you today! Day 1
Glad to see you trying again Givingup... Anger got the best of me. Flaky housesitter had to cut my awesome trip short and come home. I should have posted here. I even looked at my cost/benefit analysis and did it anyway. Baffling.
Old 07-06-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Day 3 today, I will not use alcohol today. Thank you everyone for being here. This is not easy but I'm confident sobriety will be well worth it.