Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Another day 3'er here. So far so good! No cravings yet and I'm feeling SO thankful for the disulfiram. Knowing how sick it can make me keeps me strong. But it is only day three so we shall see. I've been journaling a little bit to write about how my sleep was, what I'm thankful for, and just what my day has been. I feel like it's a "reward" to get to write about another sober day. I wish everyone a good weekend and that we all can STAY STRONG!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
There is an advantage of being in a state where wine/spirits are NOT sold in most grocery stores. And there's little that draws me down the aisle where the beer is stored. (I'll take every advantage I can get!)
I'd rotate between one gas station, two grocery stores and one liquor store - so as not to seem like I bought as much. Not that there's a whole of dignity buying a plastic 1.75L jug of cheap vodka regardless of frequency.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Hello all. Friday the 13th day for me. End of week 2.

My AV is really putting in the overtime to work on me today just before the weekend. Didn't let up once this afternoon. Just trying to redirect my mind and keep thinking back to that last day 1. Its almost as though it senses that I am dead serious about quitting this time and is starting to panic. It keeps trying to bring up all the positive memories of drinking it possibly can. Some going back years.

Not helpful.

To all of you about to hit your first weekend - all the best, you can do it.

To all of us about to hit our second - we know the drill, lets do this. Again
Old 07-14-2017, 02:18 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Glad to see so many of us posting with only a few days s in!!! Stay strong, it's Friday but we can do this..

Enjoy the evening xoxo
Old 07-14-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fishoutawatta View Post
There is an advantage of being in a state where wine/spirits are NOT sold in most grocery stores. And there's little that draws me down the aisle where the beer is stored. (I'll take every advantage I can get!)
I'm in japan and I can literally get it 24/7 and almost anywhere here. It seems to be at every event and many of the natives seem to be proficient at slowly enjoying one beer/glass of wine and then moving on.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

The morning of day 7 here.

Again from experience I've , somewhat unexpectedly, learned that the weekends are easier that the workdays. Though I always tied one on on a Saturday night I think I was just trying to release a whole weeks worth of work stress and tiredness.

I'm confident about smoothly making it to around next Wednesday, when the tougher battle will most likely re-commence.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:53 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

This class is on FIRE!!! All these posts!!! WOO HOO!. Sober weekend here we come yo! :P
Old 07-14-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

I'm in the clear for my first Friday of sobriety. I've brushed my teeth and am in bed - sober and content. No reason to think I can't do more of the same tomorrow.

Good luck to all of us facing this weekend.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:55 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hi,
its day 41 for me. I didnt avoid any party. went to all of them. with all of my buddies. Also, Some of the unwanted friends are now gone.
I started photographing With my new canon eos1300D camera. Anyone with same interest?
The places where I used to visit whith bottles, Now I visit them with my camera.
This is great!!!
Thank all of you :*
Old 07-15-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Bib

Morning - I'm not counting days. I'm not going to drink any alcohol today. I've woken up without a hangover or (which was more normal for me) still being drunk and I wouldn't swap it back

I'm going to go food shopping this morning, buy some nice food. Then I've got to go into town to buy shoes with my kids. I'll eat a lot probably to be safe from my brain turning hunger cravings into cravings for booze. This afternoon I'll go for a walk or if I'm tired I'll just go to bed.

Nobody will force me to drink today and i look forward to going to bed sober. And if my brain starts tricking me I will remember where I was, what I was like and how I felt when I was drinking
Old 07-15-2017, 12:51 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Checking in way early, as my sleep patterns are a long way off from normal. Day six begins. Feeling better with each passing day. Plans for today, walk my dogs early, cut grass, and go get two of my grands, go swimming. Local swimming pool has new waterslide, and they are just going to love it! Im so happy and grateful to be sober today.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Bib, totally love your mindset.
Sthat, congrats on your days!
BLL, good on your postive additude.
Midton, you are doing great.
Wrigley, lovehoops,jenuk, cute! Good to see you all. Glad for all my class, and the posts. TY all.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope everyone is well.

In 30 mins time my son's plane will be taking off for Amsterdam. He'll take another plane, landing in Nairobi tonight. In the morning he flies to Entebbe where somebody will meet him and put him on the bus to the charity he'll be helping at for two weeks.

He'll be back home on the 30th. And I'm already counting the hours!

But I am determined to have over two weeks of sobriety under my belt when I pick him up!

Stay strong folks and have a good weekend x
Old 07-15-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

So glad to see so many in the class and posting!!

Waking up sober on day 3...lots to do today ...I don't plan on drinking today.

Have a great Saturday xo
Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  
Bib

Wrigley, BBL, Stubbs, Midton, lovehoops -

If you've ever watched Harry Potter you'll see that bit when they face their worst fears but learn a spell (riddikulus) that makes their fear turn into something comical. I've started doing it with the voice in my head, it's talking to me and sometimes I listen but now I'm calling it for what it is (I even pretend to put a spell on it). Want to join it, it's fun to laugh at yourself? So far today;

'You're really tired, that makes you a crap dad - if you drank you'd be much better' - RIDDIKULUS

'What about Christmas?' (its July!) - RIDDIKULUS
Old 07-15-2017, 04:59 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi everyone,

So glad to see so many in the class and posting!!

Waking up sober on day 3...lots to do today ...I don't plan on drinking today.

Have a great Saturday xo
Day #3 - sounds good! Slept OK and went for 24 mile bike ride yesterday. Trying to stay busy today with cognitive activities and jigsaw puzzles. Dinner last night at Himalayan restaurant with wife and daughter - perhaps a little too early to be that adventurous (ie spicy) in my dining given how queasy I've been.......

Little known fact - Saturday is "free from alcohol day!" Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Morning, all!

Another day ahead -- a day to be free from alcohol, and free from self-loathing! A day to be productive (I've got a side yard to clear up so we can have some deck-work done). A day to enjoy our new puppy. A day to look back on with satisfaction.

Hang in there folks!
Old 07-15-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Saturday morning here, which is my favorite part of the week. I love being able to lay in bed for a little while with my tea and my husband. Unfortunately Sat night is the hardest night for me to stay sober.

I am normally not one that turns to the bottle because of anger or anxiety or depression. Weirdly enough some of my biggest triggers are happy times and boredom. For example, today I will spend all day with my husband and youngest son doing something fun. 4:00 pm will roll around and I will start thinking about how nice it would be to sit outside by the fire tonight. Then I'll think about how much more fun it will be with a drink in hand. I'll think about my husband (who doesn't have a drinking problem) and how I'm sure he would love a drink after a long week at work but has stopped for me.. Then I think, oh it's just a couple... And then it begins..

Not going to happen! Not tonight or tomorrow or any weekend to come! I too absolutely love waking up without the headache I nursed every sat and sun morning..

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? Are you doing something fun or out of the ordinary or just hanging around at the house and getting stuff done?

Here's to another sober weekend! :-)
Old 07-15-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Saturday morning here, which is my favorite part of the week. I love being able to lay in bed for a little while with my tea and my husband. Unfortunately Sat night is the hardest night for me to stay sober.

I am normally not one that turns to the bottle because of anger or anxiety or depression. Weirdly enough some of my biggest triggers are happy times and boredom. For example, today I will spend all day with my husband and youngest son doing something fun. 4:00 pm will roll around and I will start thinking about how nice it would be to sit outside by the fire tonight. Then I'll think about how much more fun it will be with a drink in hand. I'll think about my husband (who doesn't have a drinking problem) and how I'm sure he would love a drink after a long week at work but has stopped for me.. Then I think, oh it's just a couple... And then it begins..

Not going to happen! Not tonight or tomorrow or any weekend to come! I too absolutely love waking up without the headache I nursed every sat and sun morning..

What are everyone's plans for the weekend? Are you doing something fun or out of the ordinary or just hanging around at the house and getting stuff done?

I love the way that you can see what and when your triggers would be.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post

Boredom and sunshine are currently my biggest triggers, I'll learn to just love those sunny days without the need for a con job running through my blood. Waking up hangover free is such a delight, Saturday nights are the worst for me but I can't wait to be hangover free tomorrow morning, I have to be up at 6am for work, that won't bother me though as I will be fresh as a daisy