Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-10-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuckyBamboo View Post
Count me in. On day 1 (again). I joined the June 2016 class and made it 10 days. That was my longest non-drinking stint in well over 10 years, I would probably shudder even more if I knew the exact number of years. I actually got to the point of feeling semi-decent and threw it all away. This time I know I have to address the anxiety and be prepared for it (still working on how exactly to do that). Deep down I know the depression and anxiety is compounded or caused my alcohol consumption. Last time I never posted, because I felt that I wasn't important, why would anyone care what I have to say? Hopefully I don't make that mistake again. Even if I feel like no one should or could care what I have to say, I have to post and have accountability.
We care what you say, and feel. We are all in the same boat here.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Not looking forward to the next few days. My withdrawals are getting worse, each time i do this crap! Only myself to blame.. I pray I get another chance to start fresh. I kno, deep down, Im running out of restarts.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Another day shot to hell! Missing out on life. It wasnt worth it.....never is. Jacked at myself today!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Well, sorry to say, Im back at day one myself,,and sooo disappointed in me. Its not for lack of support, or willpower, its just a nasty, hard habit to break. I have to accept I cant control this, it controls me, only if I let it. Theres no moderation, no dealing with this insidious lier. The only way to beat this beast, is to not touch, engage it. In any way, shape, or form. Im pissed today, at me.
Oh Stubbs.. I know exactly how you feel!! I'm pissed at myself too but we just have to move on and start over. We can do this!!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I would like to join in on this thread. Today is Day 1 for me and I pray I can do this before I lose everything that matters to me. My husband has had it with me and I don't blame him. I need to do this! Hope everyone is having a great, sober day!
Welcome Magnum!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
I would like to join in on this thread. Today is Day 1 for me and I pray I can do this before I lose everything that matters to me. My husband has had it with me and I don't blame him. I need to do this! Hope everyone is having a great, sober day!
Welcome! My hubs has about had it with me too!. But, all that aside, I want to get and stay sober for me! We can do it!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
I have just come back from a 7 mile run and made myself a huge salad with Jacket potato and tinned tuna - now snacking on fruit. I have lost 1 stone 2 pounds since January with another weigh-in due tomorrow. I eat healthily 90% of the time but now I'm knocking my wine on the head I do allow myself to have a couple of bags of crisps now and again. I don't want to be too strict - life is too short and I haven't go much more weight to lose anymore X
Seven miles? Ugh that hurts just thinking about it! Lol.. I should be exercising.. I absolutely hate exercising, always have. I am seriously one of those people that will whine throughout any exercise.. lol

I just had to look up how many pounds in a stone.. 16 pounds total? That's awesome!!
Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Had a whole tin of Blackberries for dessert last night. And have a tin of raspberries for tonight. And a whole bunch of fresh strawberries. Low carb hint: you can use Redi whip on your berries. Or honey. yum

p.s. later last night I had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. shhhh.....
Haha, I won't tell anyone.. lol

I never went strawberry picking.. and I'm regretting it now that you mentioned whipped cream.. That would have been yummy...
Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Oh Stubbs.. I know exactly how you feel!! I'm pissed at myself too but we just have to move on and start over. We can do this!!
Thanks! Im all over the place today with my emotions. Will be sooo grateful when this horrible day one is over! Ty...
Old 07-10-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Day 9. Had a bout of anxiety last night and today. Not sure why, just seemed to come out of nowhere. Pushing through to week 2
Old 07-10-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jenuk View Post
Day 9. Had a bout of anxiety last night and today. Not sure why, just seemed to come out of nowhere. Pushing through to week 2
Good on you! I suffer from anxiety attacks myself. Much worse after drinking. Keep moving forward!
Old 07-10-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Day 1 unfortunately again. May I join you? I post in March 2016 but looks like I need more support this summer!
Good to see you Applekat! How u doin today? How's your kiddos?
Old 07-10-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Starting Over

Hi everyone,
I first posted on here back in 2009 (!) I last posted (I think) in 2011. Meanwhile, I quit once for a month, once for three months, and recently for 9 months. I started up again about 2 months ago, and won't even attempt to explain why, since I really don't know, except that alcohol makes me feel good for a few hours, and I was hoping I could have an inconsequential occasional drink.
Well, I can't, as I and all of you probably could have predicted, and am right back to where I was, drinking every night. I have to quit again, and as before, need some accountability in order to get started. I tend to tell myself every evening that it's OK to have a drink since the problem that existed when I woke up has evaporated. I don't have a problem in the evening.
I'm so quiet about my drinking that I fly under the radar, but what's bothering me now is that I feel anxiety the day after , sometimes pretty severely. I also can feel the bit of a headache and sick stomach in the morning that I don't have when not drinking!!
I know from not drinking for 9 months that I feel much better without alcohol, especially mentally. I wasn't even thinking about drinking for a long time. I even told myself it was going to be a mistake to start again, but I did anyway.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2manyBobs View Post
Hi everyone,
I first posted on here back in 2009 (!) I last posted (I think) in 2011. Meanwhile, I quit once for a month, once for three months, and recently for 9 months. I started up again about 2 months ago, and won't even attempt to explain why, since I really don't know, except that alcohol makes me feel good for a few hours, and I was hoping I could have an inconsequential occasional drink.
Well, I can't, as I and all of you probably could have predicted, and am right back to where I was, drinking every night. I have to quit again, and as before, need some accountability in order to get started. I tend to tell myself every evening that it's OK to have a drink since the problem that existed when I woke up has evaporated. I don't have a problem in the evening.
I'm so quiet about my drinking that I fly under the radar, but what's bothering me now is that I feel anxiety the day after , sometimes pretty severely. I also can feel the bit of a headache and sick stomach in the morning that I don't have when not drinking!!
I know from not drinking for 9 months that I feel much better without alcohol, especially mentally. I wasn't even thinking about drinking for a long time. I even told myself it was going to be a mistake to start again, but I did anyway.
Welcome! Great to have you in our class.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi Julyers,

Still catching up with the thread (only finished page 2), but just wanted to say that reading everyone's posts has already been great for me today as I've been feeling disconnected, which is a huge trigger for me.

But if I can connect enough to realize I'm disconnected I can break the cycle, which is what just happened reading a few of the most recent posts.

I'm on Day 1 again. Some of you know that my dog recently passed; Wednesday would have been his 14th birthday. I promise to honor him by not drinking my way through that special day.

I'll get back to getting caught up on the July thread. Just wanted to say I'm glad to be here.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Argi glad you are here too! Sorry about your puppy baby...

Today is weird... I feel really happy on the inside like at peace and optimistic. BUT... there are some pretty sad events going on the outside. Today is my cousin's 16th birthday. (he took his life May 9th, 2015) so sad for the family, and have word one of my Aunts is in ICU brain dead. They will pull the plug after a few more tests. Likely an overdose but not sure yet. I wasn't close with her, but it's still disturbing. Just to know that my bloodline is afflicted with addiction deep deep down... scares me to death... I never took to hard drugs (how I do not know). I never drank every day (how I do not know)... but when I do drink it's usually a train wreck of sorts. So I'm not anymore.

But I'm still oddly at peace on the inside. I plan to keep it that way... Just wanted to get this out of my head so I can stay on the happy vibe I'm surfing.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:34 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
So I just dumped the rest of my wine. I feel a little better knowing that tonight I will not continue the pattern. Maybe it's in my head but even after just two nights of wine I feel awful. I feel like I need to detox my body or something.. I'm going to finish my cup of coffee then switch over to this detoxifying tea (that was expensive and probably doesn't do anything but it makes me feel better :-)).

So my question is... what is everyone having for meals today? Are you doing something really healthy to lose weight? Or maybe just eating whatever you like because, heck, it's better then drinking! :-)

Thanks in advance, I need all the ideas I can get :-)

I'm just back from my early morning grocery shopping and this is what I bought: salmon, sardines, tuna (without oil), chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, spinach, natto, bananas and various other leafy greens that I don't know the English name of.

As well as being a mad binge drinker I am also, bizarrely, into health. I hit the gym basically daily and tend to eat pretty well at least on the weekdays.

Sobriety allows me the chance to really tidy up my diet while the fact that I'm not drinking at the weekends really improves my weekend diet.

When I'm mentally ready to try and get sober I'm mentally ready to improve all aspects of my life. Some people might feel doing it all at once is too much and that they have to concentrate on alcohol but I always feel stronger and more determined when I go the whole hog.
Old 07-10-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi all, I'm glad to be part of the class of July '17 I'm closing in on day 6 now, just trying to keep a positive spin on everything. We can do this!
Old 07-10-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Day 3.

Not had and cravings or tests yet but then I haven't had to dealt with any days that I normally drink on. Mentally though I feel that I'm up for this. If I get through the first weekend I should get enough sobriety under my belt to be aware and protective of my sobriety.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
I'm just back from my early morning grocery shopping and this is what I bought: salmon, sardines, tuna (without oil), chicken breast, carrots, broccoli, spinach, natto, bananas and various other leafy greens that I don't know the English name of.

As well as being a mad binge drinker I am also, bizarrely, into health. I hit the gym basically daily and tend to eat pretty well at least on the weekdays.

Sobriety allows me the chance to really tidy up my diet while the fact that I'm not drinking at the weekends really improves my weekend diet.

When I'm mentally ready to try and get sober I'm mentally ready to improve all aspects of my life. Some people might feel doing it all at once is too much and that they have to concentrate on alcohol but I always feel stronger and more determined when I go the whole hog.

Me too, I am a binge drinker and when I binge drank, I binge ate. Yuck. Otherwise I normally would eat a pretty clean diet so getting sober really helps me get back on track.

I'm the same way, when I get sober (and stay sober) I go all out. Not just improving my diet but also things like mindfulness, aromatherapy and even the dreaded exercise.. lol. I guess I just figure I better do as much as I possibly can to make myself better physically and mentally while sober and I am capable. :-)

Everything you got grocery shopping sounds great! I recently bought a can of sardines since I know they are really good for you but I haven't tried them yet.. do you buy canned or fresh and what do you do with them?

I had a lean pork chop for dinner with a big salad. I just may have to have some leftover chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.. :-)