Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-13-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hi Camino,

Did not sleep great either, though I never really do!!

My stomach is upset as well..sweating too... all the miserable fallout from drinking.
I have given up all of the positive things in my life too. I no longer enjoy very much. I don't exercise, I'm not interested in being creative (which I usually love), I'm depressed blah blah blah.
I've been isolating and drinking...miserable.

Time to change...looking forward to getting to know . Let's have a great day 1...
Old 07-13-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by camino2012 View Post
I reread Rich Dad, Poor Dad yesterday (yes, you need to get). It was disturbing as all the advice he was giving (be focused, abundance mentality, no decisions based on fear, look for opportunities as they are always there), all describe the person I once was, but am no longer. Alcohol Me killed him off. Alcohol Me also killed off Cycling Me, Reader Me, Husband Me, Trader Me, etc. - it was the first time that I realized that I don't "miss" alcohol as much as I thought, as realistically, the only thing I am built for right now is drinking. Hence, the need recreate a whole new lifestyle.
Welcome camino2012 and congratulations on your decision to create a whole new lifestyle. Alcohol You didn't kill all those better versions of you, it just suppressed them. You ARE all those good things, and you just need to relegate Alcohol You to its rightful place in your life, which is locked in the basement, never to be let out. We can't change the fact that we're alcoholics, but we certainly can live our lives as cyclists, readers, husbands, traders, etc. There are so many people here on SR that are testaments to that. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 07-13-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I made it thru yesterday. The last 3 days have been absolute hell! This was what they speak about, when every wd gets worse. I have arrived at this point. It was a close call friends. Not going back. Still weak, shaky, and nauseous, but the horrid chest pain and anxiety have lifted. Onwards to day four. Welcome to newbies.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

It will get better Stubbs

D
Old 07-13-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Congrats on your determination to push through Day 3, Stubbs16. Here's hoping that Day 4 is more tolerable for you. Stay the course!
Old 07-13-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It will get better Stubbs

D
TY Dee. It was rough going there for a bit.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearpath64 View Post
congrats on your determination to push through day 3, stubbs16. Here's hoping that day 4 is more tolerable for you. Stay the course!
ty!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jenuk View Post
Day 11 - halfway through week 2.

Hello classmates, we are getting quite a crowd in here now aren't we. Starting to make some real progress.

Had my first drink dream last night. Anyone else in here start to get those after a while sober? At least I am starting to sleep and dream properly again.

Keep up the good work all. Hello to todays new starters.
Yes, I get drinking dreams all the time. Except while actively drinking.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Day 4. It sure does seem we got alot of people which is great. Feelin a bit better but usually Day 5 is my best day. I really hope we ALL stay and celebrate a year together next July.. but for today ..lets get thru today .. TOGETHER.
Hope today is your feel better day Cute!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dandelionpaints View Post
Hello friends.

Day one. Covered in bruises from last night and apologising to my friends. I don't want to be this person anymore. Ruining my life.

Any advice?
Been there, add broken bones and teeth to that scenerio, that was definitely me. Glad you are here. How you doing today?
Old 07-13-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hns0685 View Post
So sorry to hear you're feeling so badly right now. In my first week I used Lemon Balm Extract tincture and Valerian Root tincture (both bought on Amazon). They are incredible for calming anxiety (which for me caused chest pains). Lots of hot showers, Netflix, chamomile tea, and like someone else said lots and lots of water to keep everything flushing out. I also found that drinking hot water with 1/2 lemon squeezed into it helped to flush out my liver and got me thinking a little more clearly. If you can manage, stand outside in the sun for a few minutes.. I'd just slowly walk around my garden and try to take deep breaths. We're all here for you!
Thanks much for the advice, tips! I made it thru. Was too sick yesterday to even post, but appreciate your support, and everyone elses. TY so much class.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Update on my aunt...They pulled her from life support last night. Feeling a little blue. Had a friend lash out today because I quit helping her financially. So I'm losing my sparkle but it will return. Xoxo still sober AF
Sorry about your aunt. Awesome u r pulling thru all this stuff sober.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Bib

New poster

Day 5 for me. I'm not going to drink today, doing work and eating some nice food.

Funny how my head can fool me I'm not listening to it today 👍
Old 07-13-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bib

D
Old 07-13-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Thursday night and the end of day 5 here. I'm off to bed.

I have probably drank every Thursday (and quite a few of the Wednesdays too) for the last 3 months. I don't exactly have massive cravings but I'm ravished and irritable. Tomorrow brings the dreaded Friday night. Think I'll deal with it with chocolate.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Bib

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
Thursday night and the end of day 5 here. I'm off to bed.

I have probably drank every Thursday (and quite a few of the Wednesdays too) for the last 3 months. I don't exactly have massive cravings but I'm ravished and irritable. Tomorrow brings the dreaded Friday night. Think I'll deal with it with chocolate.
I dread drinking. Friday night at home eating some nice food and going to sleep sober sounds amazing! I'm not drinking today that's enough for me. Good luck 👍
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Somehow, I've convinced myself in the past that Thursday nights are the official starts to the weekend. So, tonight might be a challenge. And yeah - I can't remember the last time I didn't drink on a Friday and Saturday night - heading into uncharted waters here.

Feeling strong on day 4. A little worried about days 5 and 6.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
I made it thru yesterday. The last 3 days have been absolute hell! This was what they speak about, when every wd gets worse. I have arrived at this point. It was a close call friends. Not going back. Still weak, shaky, and nauseous, but the horrid chest pain and anxiety have lifted. Onwards to day four. Welcome to newbies.
Stubbs, so glad to see you made it through day 3, congrats on day 4! I hope today is much easier on you. We really put our bodies through the wringer, huh? Try to relax and allow your body to recover as much as you can today. I hope it's a much better day.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Originally Posted by Done4Ever View Post
Hey everyone,
Been reading everything and I'd like to join the July group. Was nervous to join since I've tried many times and failed, but this time I feel different!

So definitely in for July 2017

I'm on day 7.
Welcome, and well done on your first week!

Originally Posted by camino2012 View Post
Yup - sick and tired of being sick and tired. I tapered yesterday, so today is the dreaded Day #1. Reading "This Naked Mind" which is a real help........may each of you feel empowered to change today.
Welcome Camino, make this your last "dreaded day 1"

You have some great hiking in your state I plan on taking advantage of some this summer. I have run out of most of the good ones here in Maine.

Originally Posted by Soberandhealthy View Post
Hi I'm sober and healthy and I desperately want to be sober I hope we can help each other
Is this your day 1? Welcome aboard!
Old 07-13-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone! I havent been on for a few days, I think I got a bit of a stomach bug or maybe just fighting something, not sure but I have a lot of catching up to do. I wanted to get on here ASAP since the weekend is approaching and whenever I skip a few days of posting I start to get cravings. I am almost to day 4, still mad at myself for ruining all the time I had built up with crappy wine that I could barely stomach. It still blows my mind that something can have so much control over me that I was FORCING myself to drink something I found disgusting AND caused me stomach pain just to get that buzz... I thought knew how powerful alcohol was before, I don't think I really had a clue..

Anyways, I hope everyone is doing well and staying sober. I will catch up as soon as I can. It's a rainy crappy day here so my youngest son and I are going to hit the town for some shopping.. my favorite therapy... :-)