Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-13-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Checking in, day 11 here. Late yesterday afternoon I had my first craving for alcohol. It wasn't so much that I wanted to drink but that I wanted that feeling of comfort and ease. This happens to me every time I stop drinking and life becomes really REAL again. Some things (bill collectors calling, kids crying exc.) are just easier for me to deal with a little numbed out, but I know that's not what I was created to be- I know my life is meant for so much more and for me to be 100% present for it.

Thankfully I didn't give in and was able to rationally think about the WD I just went through- I never want to do that ever again. I remembered quickly why I am doing this. Today my kids are with the grandparents all day and spending the night tonight so I'm a bit nervous about boredom/feeling like I have no responsibilities. I may post more often throughout the day today to keep checking in with you guys.

Not sure how many more "Day 1's" I have left within me, if any. Sorry to be so glum today- just feeling all the feelings today.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Good morning July'ers,

It looks like i'm not the only one that thought the weekend began on Thursday night, lol. I had a few cravings last night but nothing I couldn't handle. The next three nights will be the tough ones.

Was finally able to get some decent sleep last night, 7 hours uninterrupted. Another couple hours sounded good, but work calls. The weekend is coming, so maybe we can all catch up on a bit of sleep.

My son has his only track meet of the year near my work today so I will probably sneak out for a bit to watch that. He is the defending 3k state champ.

I know the weekend, starting tonight will be more difficult so I am going to do my best to stay busy. Besides the normal weekend chores I am planning a hike, mini golf and a little dreaded shopping.

What do you guys have planned this weekend?

Day 4
Old 07-13-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Struggling big time with a craving today. Thought it would blow over but it has lasted a few hours already Been for a run today, met a friend for coffee, came home and made a healthy lunch so have been busy. This afternoon its been my daughters sports day in school and she didn't want me to go - maybe that's affecting and making the craving stronger.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Good morning, folks. It's been several years since I've been on the forum, but it's time to come back; time to make some changes in my life. The forum was helpful before, but I thought I'd "kicked the bum (i.e., drinking)" out of my life, and didn't need the support any more. Wrong in so many ways!

Later today, when I go home (and when I usually start to imbibe), I'll spend the evening reading the last 18 pages of posts, hoping to get to know the group.

Dee74, it's nice to see you're still moderating! Thanks for what you do.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Bib

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Struggling big time with a craving today. Thought it would blow over but it has lasted a few hours already Been for a run today, met a friend for coffee, came home and made a healthy lunch so have been busy. This afternoon its been my daughters sports day in school and she didn't want me to go - maybe that's affecting and making the craving stronger.
Hang in there. I'm going to get to bedtime sober and so can you
Old 07-13-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Ty Dee

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcoem Oregongirlsite and daylightsavings

D
Thanks for all you do. I joined the July group yesterday but it was not my day one. I guess I wasn't ready. But this morning reality is hitting me full force. I love this SR community and will look forward to reading all about my July friends.
Old 07-13-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Leaving for the airport in 10 minutes heading to Boston to get my boy! After 2 long weeks. I don't get to see him until tomorrow afternoon... but at least I'll be in the same state tonight! Travelling and me historically do not go well as far as drinking. I get too excited and my nature wants to enhance those good feelings with booze!! Knowing that my son will be with me tomorrow is enough to keep me Sober AF. Will splurge on Lobster tonight... I hear it's pretty good in Boston??

Take care y'all I'll be checking in... So nice to see such a fun and full July class!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Sober since 7/10/17

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Leaving for the airport in 10 minutes heading to Boston to get my boy! After 2 long weeks. I don't get to see him until tomorrow afternoon... but at least I'll be in the same state tonight! Travelling and me historically do not go well as far as drinking. I get too excited and my nature wants to enhance those good feelings with booze!! Knowing that my son will be with me tomorrow is enough to keep me Sober AF. Will splurge on Lobster tonight... I hear it's pretty good in Boston??

Take care y'all I'll be checking in... So nice to see such a fun and full July class!
Yes, the lobster is. They steal it out of our waters

The sox are playing the yankees in fenway tomorrow night if you have time.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:01 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DyerMaker View Post
Yes, the lobster is. They steal it out of our waters

The sox are playing the yankees in fenway tomorrow night if you have time.
LOL on the lobster. And I bet my son would love to see that game. May have to look into it!
Old 07-13-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Glad to see so many posts....
Welcome fishoutawatta...I'm just returning myself..
Sunshine...good luck with your son... 2 weeks is a long time. Enjoy!!

I'm keeping busy on day 1. Eating a lot but I have to. I typically don't eat and then drink to get buZed quicker...nuts!!!
I will worry about all of the alcohol weight I put on when I have a little time under my belt.

Enjoy the day everyone xo
Old 07-13-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Day 5. Hi Lovehoops. Familiar name . Feeling much better today thanks Stubbs! . Got to sleep well ..kinda. Depression lifted mostly. Just been praying and trying to remain positive. I don't expect my family to understand all I go through. . (They get upset after I binge..and give me a cold shoulder a while) but I'm so glad I have u all who do.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
. Will splurge on Lobster tonight... I hear it's pretty good in Boston??
The clams are what really impressed me in Boston. In the midwest you get these tiny little morsels. In Boston? They're huge! And delicious!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Day 4. For me the weekend is here as we just arrived at our lake house for the weekend. This is going to be hard. I unpacked and checked to see if there was any alcohol hidden or not in the house. I know my husband hid it in the shed last weekend so I guess it's still there. I guess it's good that I didn't find any because it would have been really tempting to have a sip, but at the same time I do want that sip. I'm feeling angry and jealous that I can't have a drink and everyone else can. We're going golfing soon and I know that I'll forget about this feeling, but right now it's driving me crazy. I can't believe how much I want a drink right now and at the same time, how much I don't. I already told all my friends here that I quit so that they won't offer me any and will keep an eye on me to make sure that I don't. Again, right now that feels like both a good thing and a bad thing. I'm sure I'll get through this, but it sure is frustrating. Thanks for listening!
Old 07-13-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hello all. Day 12 heading for the second weekend.

Sorry to read about all of you having a tough start today. Day 1 is the pits, but at least you are on the right track. Lets face it some people never get to the stage we are at now or not till it is too late.

Keep on keeping on.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Just checking in today, day 3=) feeling optimistic. Happy thursday all!!!
Old 07-13-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

The start of day 6.

Love the sober mornings. Feel great, strong, determined and with no cravings. A couple of hours later it's the opposite.

The difference between night and day is literally night and day.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
The start of day 6.

Love the sober mornings. Feel great, strong, determined and with no cravings. A couple of hours later it's the opposite.

The difference between night and day is literally night and day.
We're day twins. Except your already in Friday while im in Thursday. Haha lets keep this up! Congrats!! and I totally know what you mean. It's like....
Old 07-13-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Yes...hi cutengayguy...�� Happy to see a sober friend here!!! Glad to hear you slept somewhat better...

I officially just finished 24 hours and feel pretty good.im looking forward to waking up feeling better tomorrow.

Thanks for listening and have a sober evening everyone. Ox
Old 07-13-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Day 9 was up and down. But guess what...the day is almost over and I'm still sober.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I was always so worried that people from the liquor stores would start recognizing me and noticing how often I bought vodka, I'm glad we don't have to worry about that anymore :-)
AS I mentioned this morning, I was going to spend the evening catching up . . .

There are about 5-6 liquor stores between me and my office. I staggered (pardon the pun) which I would patronize . . . .