Blogs


Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 07-09-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187,945
Blog Entries: 1
Welcome back Sober
Have you thought what you might do differently this time?

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-09-2017), Culture (07-10-2017), Sober81 (07-09-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 37
Hi all, my first time actually admitting I am ready to change! On Tuesday, I meet with my therapist and will start antabuse. I know I need something to help get me on the right path. I've tried to do it on my own, but with no success. I'm a 43 year old mom of two teen boys and a firefighter wife. Took my last drink tonight, pray to God it's my last. I let myself have a last one, probably not good, but felt like I was saying "goodbye" to a friend. Ready to move on. I will not have anything tomorrow and will be ready to start the antabuse on Tuesday. Thankful there is this place to come and not feel judged. Ready to do this after much denial . . . . Here we go!
Wrigley119 is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wrigley119 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-09-2017), Culture (07-10-2017), Dee74 (07-09-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017), tealily (07-10-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 07:45 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Re-Member
 
CaseyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 7,901
Welcome to all the newcomers and new-to-this-class folks too. And congratulations to all on choosing a better way of life in recovery!
CaseyW is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaseyW For This Useful Post:
Culture (07-10-2017), Dee74 (07-10-2017), Sober81 (07-09-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: AUD
Posts: 359
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome back Sober
Have you thought what you might do differently this time?

D
Not sure yet, just focusing on getting through today atm.
Sober81 is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sober81 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), Culture (07-10-2017), Dee74 (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 469
Day 5 today. Can't believe how much I'm sleeping. I hope my body is repairing itself. My sleeping pattern has changed . When drinking I was always in bed by 9pm and then waking up throughout the night eventually getting up at around 7am. Last night for example I didn't go to sleep until midnight and apart from a quick wee at 6am - I slept solidly until 1030am. its 1130am now and I'm still in my pj's. Just about to get up and go for a run though. Day 5 feeling pretty good so far. Not feeling so depressed and anxious.
Susiegirl is offline  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Susiegirl For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), Culture (07-10-2017), Dee74 (07-10-2017), Misc72 (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017), tealily (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 03:48 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Administrator
Thread Starter
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187,945
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Not sure yet, just focusing on getting through today atm.
Yeah I get you feel pretty ordinary right now.

My advice is don't leave it too long though or you'll be faced with the imminent possibility of drinking again and no alternatives.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Thing about the changes you need to make in your life and the support you'll need to stick with those changes.

You can do this Sober81

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), Culture (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 04:33 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Member
 
starstarstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 336
Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
Day 5 today. Can't believe how much I'm sleeping. I hope my body is repairing itself. My sleeping pattern has changed . When drinking I was always in bed by 9pm and then waking up throughout the night eventually getting up at around 7am. Last night for example I didn't go to sleep until midnight and apart from a quick wee at 6am - I slept solidly until 1030am. its 1130am now and I'm still in my pj's. Just about to get up and go for a run though. Day 5 feeling pretty good so far. Not feeling so depressed and anxious.
I had the same sleep schedule when I was drinking and am now experiencing a change. I WISH I was sleeping as much as you, I still keep waking up throughout the night and taking cat naps during the daylight hours. Glad your 5th day is going so well!
starstarstar is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to starstarstar For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), Susiegirl (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Member
 
mandosca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 230
Well I'm back and on Day one. I'm very disappointed in myself but I know that beating myself up won't help.

Friday night I drank a small bottle of wine. I thought for sure that I would just have a couple but finished the whole thing. That's not a lot compared to what I use to be able to drink in a night but still. Sat I was good, didn't dink at all. I even considered not resetting my "sober days counter" on my phone since I didn't really get drunk and some stupid part of me still seems to think I can moderate... Ugh..

Sunday came around, had to go to the grocery store and grabbed a big bottle of wine. I rationalized it in my mind as, well I already blew the weekend, might as well get buzzed ONCE more... Well things didn't work out and I just couldn't stomach enough to get buzzed. It was pathetic. I was actually trying to force this nasty wine down just so I could get buzzed even though it was making me nauseated. Anyways, my son ended up coming home so I gave up anyways, feeling like poop mind you. :-(

So I failed, big time. But, I am happy I was able to keep it to just a couple nights rather then a two week binge. I hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a great Monday. I am so jealous of all the people waking up without headaches and regrets. Good for you guys!

I am off to dump the rest of that wine before I change my mind.
mandosca is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandosca For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
Member
 
mandosca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 230
So I just dumped the rest of my wine. I feel a little better knowing that tonight I will not continue the pattern. Maybe it's in my head but even after just two nights of wine I feel awful. I feel like I need to detox my body or something.. I'm going to finish my cup of coffee then switch over to this detoxifying tea (that was expensive and probably doesn't do anything but it makes me feel better :-)).

So my question is... what is everyone having for meals today? Are you doing something really healthy to lose weight? Or maybe just eating whatever you like because, heck, it's better then drinking! :-)

Thanks in advance, I need all the ideas I can get :-)
mandosca is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mandosca For This Useful Post:
Caramel (07-10-2017), CaseyW (07-10-2017), Misc72 (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017), tealily (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Member
 
Misc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,489
Susiegirl day 5 me too! Go us!

Mandosca I plan to be healthier today. In the beginning I think we get a junk food pass to make up for giving up the booze. Just my opinion. But getting sober is all about taking control of our health. So today I plan to hit up Jazzercise and definitely eat healthier. Trying to stay low'ish carb and lean protein fruits and veges. Usually always have a full fat dessert though!

And def stay Sober AF
Misc72 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misc72 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017), Susiegirl (07-10-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 06:58 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 16
Count me in. On day 1 (again). I joined the June 2016 class and made it 10 days. That was my longest non-drinking stint in well over 10 years, I would probably shudder even more if I knew the exact number of years. I actually got to the point of feeling semi-decent and threw it all away. This time I know I have to address the anxiety and be prepared for it (still working on how exactly to do that). Deep down I know the depression and anxiety is compounded or caused my alcohol consumption. Last time I never posted, because I felt that I wasn't important, why would anyone care what I have to say? Hopefully I don't make that mistake again. Even if I feel like no one should or could care what I have to say, I have to post and have accountability.
LuckyBamboo is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LuckyBamboo For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Member
 
mandosca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
Susiegirl day 5 me too! Go us!

Mandosca I plan to be healthier today. In the beginning I think we get a junk food pass to make up for giving up the booze. Just my opinion. But getting sober is all about taking control of our health. So today I plan to hit up Jazzercise and definitely eat healthier. Trying to stay low'ish carb and lean protein fruits and veges. Usually always have a full fat dessert though!

And def stay Sober AF
I am going to do the same. Lowish carb, lean proteins etc. Even though I'm back on day one I've had mostly all sober days over the last three months and have had plenty of "eat whatever you want since your not drinking" meals... Lol

I think I will either have leftover salmon with veggies or a pork chop with salad tonight..and I am seriously debating about going to pick strawberries for dessert... :-)
mandosca is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mandosca For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), Misc72 (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Member
 
mandosca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by LuckyBamboo View Post
Count me in. On day 1 (again). I joined the June 2016 class and made it 10 days. That was my longest non-drinking stint in well over 10 years, I would probably shudder even more if I knew the exact number of years. I actually got to the point of feeling semi-decent and threw it all away. This time I know I have to address the anxiety and be prepared for it (still working on how exactly to do that). Deep down I know the depression and anxiety is compounded or caused my alcohol consumption. Last time I never posted, because I felt that I wasn't important, why would anyone care what I have to say? Hopefully I don't make that mistake again. Even if I feel like no one should or could care what I have to say, I have to post and have accountability.
I am also on day one Lucky. I know everyone is different but I have found that each time I quit again, my sober times grow longer and my relapses are shorter. 10 days is awesome! Maybe this time it will be longer, or even forever. You just have to keep trying. :-)

Yes! Keep on posting,. This is the same mistake I make everytime!
mandosca is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandosca For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Member
 
tealily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 661
Mandosca, good job on dumping the wine. Your distaste for it was your body telling you this is not good for you. After just a few days of treating it well, your body starts to heal. Listen to it!
tealily is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tealily For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Member
 
mandosca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 230
Originally Posted by tealily View Post
Mandosca, good job on dumping the wine. Your distaste for it was your body telling you this is not good for you. After just a few days of treating it well, your body starts to heal. Listen to it!
I never thought of it that way.. your right, my body was telling me to stay away! I am just so thankful that I am finally starting to listen and learn! As upset that I am that I am back on day one,. I have to keep reminding myself that out of the last three or four months, I've only drank maybe 8 times?? I don't know, I sure wish I had kept track of that.. lol
mandosca is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandosca For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:38 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Member
 
Stubbs16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,611
Well, sorry to say, Im back at day one myself,,and sooo disappointed in me. Its not for lack of support, or willpower, its just a nasty, hard habit to break. I have to accept I cant control this, it controls me, only if I let it. Theres no moderation, no dealing with this insidious lier. The only way to beat this beast, is to not touch, engage it. In any way, shape, or form. Im pissed today, at me.
Stubbs16 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stubbs16 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Member
 
MagnumCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 134
I would like to join in on this thread. Today is Day 1 for me and I pray I can do this before I lose everything that matters to me. My husband has had it with me and I don't blame him. I need to do this! Hope everyone is having a great, sober day!
MagnumCat is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MagnumCat For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
So I just dumped the rest of my wine. I feel a little better knowing that tonight I will not continue the pattern. Maybe it's in my head but even after just two nights of wine I feel awful. I feel like I need to detox my body or something.. I'm going to finish my cup of coffee then switch over to this detoxifying tea (that was expensive and probably doesn't do anything but it makes me feel better :-)).

So my question is... what is everyone having for meals today? Are you doing something really healthy to lose weight? Or maybe just eating whatever you like because, heck, it's better then drinking! :-)

Thanks in advance, I need all the ideas I can get :-)
I have just come back from a 7 mile run and made myself a huge salad with Jacket potato and tinned tuna - now snacking on fruit. I have lost 1 stone 2 pounds since January with another weigh-in due tomorrow. I eat healthily 90% of the time but now I'm knocking my wine on the head I do allow myself to have a couple of bags of crisps now and again. I don't want to be too strict - life is too short and I haven't go much more weight to lose anymore X
Susiegirl is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susiegirl For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), Misc72 (07-10-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Member
 
Misc72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,489
Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I am going to do the same. Lowish carb, lean proteins etc. Even though I'm back on day one I've had mostly all sober days over the last three months and have had plenty of "eat whatever you want since your not drinking" meals... Lol

I think I will either have leftover salmon with veggies or a pork chop with salad tonight..and I am seriously debating about going to pick strawberries for dessert... :-)
Had a whole tin of Blackberries for dessert last night. And have a tin of raspberries for tonight. And a whole bunch of fresh strawberries. Low carb hint: you can use Redi whip on your berries. Or honey. yum

p.s. later last night I had a bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup. shhhh.....
Misc72 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Misc72 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)
Old 07-10-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Member
 
Stubbs16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,611
Heres my new plan, avoid the corner convenient store. I can grocery shop, go out to dinner, attend events, and not be tempted. My habit is the quickie mart. Going to avoid that place from now on! Damn poison dealers!!! Lol..
Stubbs16 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stubbs16 For This Useful Post:
CaseyW (07-11-2017), starstarstar (07-11-2017)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 AM.