Class of October 2014 Part 39

Old 07-01-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Sobriety

Rocks
Old 07-01-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Quick check in as my bedtime meds are kicking in...slow check in, I should say.

Climbing was awesome, and I think I've found a climbing partner. Still thrashing my muscles to build strength. My knee is toast from attempting a difficult turn. I'll be feeling this for a few days. Good stuff!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-02-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Morning all...ah, nothing like a toddler climbing out of his crib at 6am and waking you up...

Gonna be a hottt one today. Think we need to hit the pool later. Enjoy the day!
Old 07-02-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Uh oh, didn't know I needed a special pan! And I thought all crepes were dessert crepes. Obviously I'm not a crepe savvy guy. Oh well. A bit of research is in order.

Good night Leigh.
You don't need a special pan, Mark. My mother passed on her mother's recipe. My French Canadian roots...I'll share the secret family recipe:

2 eggs
1/2 c. Flour
1/2c. Milk
2T melted butter

I beat the eggs with a wire whisk, add flour and a bit of the milk and whisk smooth, then add the melted butter and rest of the milk. You just need to perfect the technique of using the right amount of batter and swirling it around on the pan quickly. When it's no longer wet, flip it. On a ordinary day, we just use some maple syrup and roll them up, but for guests, I do the berries and cream.

I was tired yesterday. Took a big nap in the afternoon!

Your new house sounds wonderful, Arbor! When is the move?

I've also never had a choco taco...but drumsticks are a thing of my childhood. We don't do many novelties like that due to my daughter's Nut and peanut allergies. We keep all nuts out of the house, other than a bag of almonds that hubby carefully snacks on. So, my kids are delighted when I get the Klondike Bars!

The two new friends at the sleepover are nice boys, great manners, and nice families. Glad he's making some new friends. We had only 3 sleep here, one had to go home because they had an early thing in the morning.

No big plans for the 4th here. How about you guys? Hubby works tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! (Please hold as I add Choco Tacos to my grocery list.)

Suze, I'm so glad you're getting some relief from asthma and allergies. And the humidity keeps us looking young, don't forget! I certainly cannot say that I've ever gotten use to it. It feels like we could swim in the air here today. But again, small price to pay for beautiful skin.

Ooh, I'll bet Briar and Mark are feeling the burn today after all that trimming and climbing yesterday! There's nothing better than a long soak in Epsom salts for that. Throw a Klondike bar or Choco Taco into the mix and BOOM! You're healed!

Arbor and Phoebe, You're both rocking the parenting gig! Surviving terrible two tantrums and sleepovers with more than one friend should earn you both an award for patience. They are both equally terrifying to me. Way to make it through!

We haven't made big plans for the fourth this year, just grilling at home with neighbor friends. Living by the lake, we saw lots of people shooting fireworks last night and can expect more for the next couple of days. The pup isn't a fan, so we enjoy watching others. And all this Icecream talk makes me think we need to break out the Icecream maker... Nothing better!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Quick check in as my bedtime meds are kicking in...slow check in, I should say.

Climbing was awesome, and I think I've found a climbing partner. Still thrashing my muscles to build strength. My knee is toast from attempting a difficult turn. I'll be feeling this for a few days. Good stuff!

I hope everyone has a great day!
My hat is off to you, Briar.

Power on, courageous girl
Old 07-02-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Morning all...ah, nothing like a toddler climbing out of his crib at 6am and waking you up...

Gonna be a hottt one today. Think we need to hit the pool later. Enjoy the day!
Memories . . . .

Have a great day, Arbor. Stay cool.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
You don't need a special pan, Mark. My mother passed on her mother's recipe. My French Canadian roots...I'll share the secret family recipe:

2 eggs
1/2 c. Flour
1/2c. Milk
2T melted butter

I beat the eggs with a wire whisk, add flour and a bit of the milk and whisk smooth, then add the melted butter and rest of the milk. You just need to perfect the technique of using the right amount of batter and swirling it around on the pan quickly. When it's no longer wet, flip it. On a ordinary day, we just use some maple syrup and roll them up, but for guests, I do the berries and cream.

I was tired yesterday. Took a big nap in the afternoon!

Your new house sounds wonderful, Arbor! When is the move?

I've also never had a choco taco...but drumsticks are a thing of my childhood. We don't do many novelties like that due to my daughter's Nut and peanut allergies. We keep all nuts out of the house, other than a bag of almonds that hubby carefully snacks on. So, my kids are delighted when I get the Klondike Bars!

The two new friends at the sleepover are nice boys, great manners, and nice families. Glad he's making some new friends. We had only 3 sleep here, one had to go home because they had an early thing in the morning.

No big plans for the 4th here. How about you guys? Hubby works tomorrow.
Thanks for the recipe, Phoebe.

The crepe pans were big in the 80s; made prep a bit easier for bumbles like me

Drumsticks were big in our household, too!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Good morning everyone! (Please hold as I add Choco Tacos to my grocery list.)

Suze, I'm so glad you're getting some relief from asthma and allergies. And the humidity keeps us looking young, don't forget! I certainly cannot say that I've ever gotten use to it. It feels like we could swim in the air here today. But again, small price to pay for beautiful skin.

Ooh, I'll bet Briar and Mark are feeling the burn today after all that trimming and climbing yesterday! There's nothing better than a long soak in Epsom salts for that. Throw a Klondike bar or Choco Taco into the mix and BOOM! You're healed!

Arbor and Phoebe, You're both rocking the parenting gig! Surviving terrible two tantrums and sleepovers with more than one friend should earn you both an award for patience. They are both equally terrifying to me. Way to make it through!

We haven't made big plans for the fourth this year, just grilling at home with neighbor friends. Living by the lake, we saw lots of people shooting fireworks last night and can expect more for the next couple of days. The pup isn't a fan, so we enjoy watching others. And all this Icecream talk makes me think we need to break out the Icecream maker... Nothing better!
Plan to chill on the Fourth here, too, Conquest!!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hello, Octsobers.

Have a great day, peaceful night.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Love and Peace for all.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

❤️ Love ❤️ and Peace for all.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

I think 'the end' may be coming .....I slept until 7:30!

Thank you so much for sharing your family recipe phoebe, with appropriately French roots too! I will give it a try Tuesday morning. Last year we were in Boston for the 4th and it was so much fun. This year will be another couple from my college years coming over to hang out poolside and maybe grill.

If my friends are lucky I may even share with them......

A six pack of the Klondike sort. My wife said there were different varieties but I wanted the original.

My mom and stepdad are riding up today for a visit. I always enjoy them. For now a lazy coffee time whilst I feed the birds.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

We've got double chocolate *and* Krunch varieties in the freezer, Mark! I've been craving one all morning, now!

Leigh, I do remember the crepe pans. My mom tried one, but went back to her old cast iron skillet. I think we occasionally tried a few savory style meals with them during the Magic Pan influence years. Seafood in a cream sauce, turkey, stuffing, and gravy, and such. Mostly, though, we had them as a simple breakfast item.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Turkey, stuffing, and gravy in a crepe? Yes, please! And I also want to say thanks for sharing the family recipe, Phoebe. What a treat. I've got a trusty cast iron skillet that may be up for a challenge... I know it makes everything I cook taste better...Hmmmm....

You can't go wrong with the original Klondike, Mark. However, my guys have been known to make many late-night runs to a nearby gas station for the mint chocolate chip variety. Apparently, they go well with old Kung-fu movie marathons. Lol

In case anyone else has the Klondike jingle stuck in your head like I do now... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRiFBrX7Nk
Old 07-02-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Good morning all!

I think 'the end' may be coming .....I slept until 7:30!

Thank you so much for sharing your family recipe phoebe, with appropriately French roots too! I will give it a try Tuesday morning. Last year we were in Boston for the 4th and it was so much fun. This year will be another couple from my college years coming over to hang out poolside and maybe grill.

If my friends are lucky I may even share with them......

A six pack of the Klondike sort. My wife said there were different varieties but I wanted the original.

My mom and stepdad are riding up today for a visit. I always enjoy them. For now a lazy coffee time whilst I feed the birds.
Have fun, Mark.

Now when you eat a Klondike, you have to sing the jingle:

What would you do-oo-oo for a Klondike bar?
Old 07-02-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
We've got double chocolate *and* Krunch varieties in the freezer, Mark! I've been craving one all morning, now!

Leigh, I do remember the crepe pans. My mom tried one, but went back to her old cast iron skillet. I think we occasionally tried a few savory style meals with them during the Magic Pan influence years. Seafood in a cream sauce, turkey, stuffing, and gravy, and such. Mostly, though, we had them as a simple breakfast item.
I am salivating!!!!!
Old 07-02-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Turkey, stuffing, and gravy in a crepe? Yes, please! And I also want to say thanks for sharing the family recipe, Phoebe. What a treat. I've got a trusty cast iron skillet that may be up for a challenge... I know it makes everything I cook taste better...Hmmmm....

You can't go wrong with the original Klondike, Mark. However, my guys have been known to make many late-night runs to a nearby gas station for the mint chocolate chip variety. Apparently, they go well with old Kung-fu movie marathons. Lol

In case anyone else has the Klondike jingle stuck in your head like I do now... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRiFBrX7Nk
Oh my goodness!!!!! The jingle - good minds . . . . .
Old 07-02-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Be back later.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Ah yes, I've heard that tune before! I'll hum it while my mouth is full.

When we were on vacation last month we made a point to have lucky charms for breakfast one morning. They're magically delicious you know. Folks back home got a kick out of that post. We also had Irish spring soap and got a chuckle of me recreating the old advertisement from way back when.

Gosh I'm craving crepes of all sorts now. I may pull out the ol' iron skillet myself and play around with a savory version.

But for now I gotta tame my porcupine hair. It's bad.