Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-23-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
I like Vince Carter too but that was a mighty big picture. Making the page turn and helping Bobbieka out in my quest for 7,000 at the same time.
I'm pretty sure Purps is happy with size Sorry if it messed up people's browsers. I'm not sure how to control that, I just copied the link into the field indicated in the "mountain" icon. Anyway, Vince is a pretty snappy dresser - and I'm happy to do what I can to help you along the way to post #7,000 (but I think you are doing fine on your own!)

PJ, circus about sums it up. You do have an awesome attitude, thanks for keeping us entertained!

Have a great day everyone - Where is BBG?!!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I'm pretty sure Purps is happy with size

And, I agree, BBG, how are you doing?
Old 06-23-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Speak for yourself Casey. I am not growing old- I simply become more distinguished. I have the gift of beard.
Not happy with m/p- may paint over it. Have also just applied to do volunteer stuff at the State Art-G. They provide ongoing training- including on painting styles, history and stuff. Sounds quite good. It is 14 minutes past Friday now. Watching a doco series on the influence of Egyptian culture on Western modern civilis'n..
An example is- the origins of the word 'panic'. What people would do- when they thought the anarchic greek god 'Pan' would appear- in the latter part of greek history, when he was melded into a Satan identity, along with Seth, Baal and some other unnice chappies.
I ma well pleased with you feeling happier, B.
Sam- I am looking into yoga- because the idea has resistance in my brain that I think with.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Kiki - Have a great day and fun with your daughter!

MITA - Stay cool. And stay hydrated. (right day for that)

Casey - Poor mom? I was good. ish , sometimes. I was a terror. Especially in my teens. Definitely poor mom.

Phoenix - that avatar is one of my favorites of yours.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I spy BBG!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

My 7 yo just told me this joke:

What did the one glow stick say to the other glow stick?

What's glowing on! Ahh, to be 7 again 💕
Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Re-Member

7? I'm 42 and I've told worse. Here. This week.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Haha, true, Casey. Very true 😂
Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

That's awesome Lb!

I am playing Clue with my two "big" kids. Dang they are taking it way too seriously lol.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Real friends are those who, when you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel that you've done a permanent job.

—Erwin T. Randall

What kind of friends do we have? Are they people who complain a lot? Are they people who laugh at us or put others down?

The kind of people we want to be will decide what kind of friends we have. If we want to feel sorry for ourselves, we will choose friends who will tell us how rotten their lives are. If we want to think we're better than others, we will hang around people who laugh at others' mistakes.

But if we want to be the best we can be, we will pick friends who see the good in life, people who will encourage us to be ourselves and who will help us try harder at things that are difficult for us.

How can I be a better friend today?
Old 06-23-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Didn't think it was gonna happen but just got my shift covered tonight at the last minute. Picked up one for tomorrow night instead. Going to go eat dinner and play with my nieces and celebrate my baby sister being old.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober Friday night! Don't drink. It's not the answer.

WHEN WILL CASEY GET TO POST #7,000?
CURRENT LEADER IN RED

Bobbieka — June 27, 2017, 9:00 am CST
Ladybug — June 27, 2017, 8:00 pm CST
Applekat — June 28, 2017, 5:00 pm CST
Samantha — June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm CST
Purplrks — June 30, 2017, 2:00 pm CST
KiKi — July 2, 2017, 3:31 pm CST
Old 06-23-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hey guys!! I've been a busy bee today. I actually went to Costco ALONE. Ahhh it's the little things in life 😉 My kids now own 1,050 water balloons, the ones that you attach to the water hose and they fill and tie in one shot. There is no way I'm tying that many water balloons!
Old 06-23-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Old 06-23-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

My new a/d seems to ve working, with intent of rest. 3 nights in a row- go to bed with normal people, wake up with normal people.
The good thing about childish humour is it's flexibility...
Q: What's brown and sticky? (most people think of poo, so do not say it)
A: A brown stick.
BUT...if someone says the answer is a brown stick, you can then say no- it's poo.
Oh how they will laugh..probably so hard there will be a little wee-wee leakage, tears and the occasional room full of exploding brains.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Well, that was quick. Had an early dinner with the family. My stepmother was d-r-u-n-k. That's not normal for her--she usually has one of those small boxes of wine in the refrigerator and it'll last her a month or five weeks. Not sure what was going on today. She wasn't being belligerent or anything, just wasn't being herself either. Anyways, a bad bad storm with heavy winds and rain and hail and lightning is brewing up here so both my sister and myself used it as an excuse to hightail it home before it got too bad. (The storm, not my stepmother, though I was ready to get away from her too.)

I think it's about to be video game time here. I finished Zelda: A Link Between Worlds last night. I have another Zelda game I've never played before--Twilight Princess for the Wii--but I think I might take a break from Zelda and try something else. Maybe some Donkey Kong Country.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

I love Clue! Remember the movie? One of my faves.....

Casey today is my big sister's birthday, Lol

LB have you visited the Weekender Thread? Where members keep in touch to stay sober through the weekend. Here is a link, if you're interested (or anyone else too!) http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...y-weekend.html

And hello to everyone else! Or as Christian Slater says in the movie Heathers, "Greetings and salutations!" I will need to stay close to SR so I won't stray.....I've been known to wander, you know.....
Old 06-23-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Hope your work day went well, Sam. I'm supposed to leave Wednesday after work & I have a place booked for two nights. I'm excited but nervous too.

Thanks Bobbie for the post about friendship.....The last few years I've had to "weed my garden" as my sister calls it. I used to think I could be friends with everybody, or at least get along with everyone. Unfortunately there have been a few who f-ed that up for me.....since then I've been pretty bitter about it & put my boundaries WAY back up. It's nice not being on Facebook, though! And it's even nicer to have you guys.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I've never seen the movie Clue!! But I played a hardcore Clue game back in my teenage days (nerd!) and I had to play it cool today. I keep trying to let my 5/7 year olds in on a little strategy but I dunno....lol!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

OMG! Ok we should come up with a list of movies & do movie night when we have our reunion! I vote Clue!
Old 06-23-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Re-Member

"Clue" is a great movie. So is "Clueless." I don't care for "Blue's Clues."