Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-22-2017, 06:26 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I like Vince Carter too but that was a mighty big picture. Making the page turn and helping Bobbieka out in my quest for 7,000 at the same time.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:01 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Just back from the psychologist pilgrimage. All good. His sense of humour is on par with mine-- so it is usually 30 minutes CBT, 30 minutes volleying crap jokes.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You spent half an hour telling jokes about billiard tables falling out of trees?

It's been a nice day. Going to go to bed early. Thanks for keeping me sober today and every day for the last four weeks.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Happy 1 month, Casey!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Night, Casey and congrats on 4 weeks!

Going to bed here, too. Baby bug has had me up at 4am for the last 3 nights. Grateful to be sober tonight. Thank you all for being here.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:27 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Not one month yet. That won't be until the 26th. Stupid 31 day months. But thank you!

Goodnight Ladybug! Hope the baby sleeps through the night tonight.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Not one month yet. That won't be until the 26th. Stupid 31 day months. But thank you!

Goodnight Ladybug! Hope the baby sleeps through the night tonight.
I knew that. Wanted to make you post again.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:19 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I knew that too.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Administrator

Old 06-22-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Old 06-22-2017, 10:16 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Psychololomologist this morning. Thinks I need to pursue faceless people more- he thinks I have been screwed over (sigh). Then shopping- I can spot a career homeless person a mile away. 2 today- good posture- their homeless sign made well, usually with tailor made ciggies (when you think they are $1 each), or the latest smart/I phone. I gave a donation to the volunteer ambo's... as it is highly probable I can never pay them back enough.
Homelessness becomes a way of life..these guys know what free buses to catch to what church handout- with what voucher. When you consider vouchers etc- can be traded for money and this for drugs/ booze etc....well. I know from having to get handouts for food 20 months ago.

Then AA topic meeting - 'sponsorship' The first to share never had one and does not believe in step work - as he is so awesome. The second- his first sponsor was a major drug dealer- the second a very hard criminal. BUT THEY BELIEVED IN THE 12 STEPS. The third to speak moved in with their sponsor for the sex. That did not end happily. The next- their sponsor tried to hang themselves. The next had had 15 over 10 years- because all of their personalities did not fit his.

My share- I said acceptance, total honesty and realising the sponsor is a human face to something too huge to comprehend- alcoholism, god, higher power - blah. Then the crazy guy stood up to share- diatribe of how hard done by he was by women (3 wives, 2 women friends and a scattering of adult children who do not speak to him), about how much he used to own, until the govt. took it all away, and now is a guardian of the state. That all he needed was 1 member of AA let him live with them 'so he can be free'. Then said it was just because he had 'minor brain surgery'.

He tried to engage with me when I was washing the coffee cups- I politely answered but knew his modus op. He latched onto a second person- a polite middle class lady, and when she was friendly- he then asked her for a place to live. Sad- but definitely not my problem.

A toughened older lady member- who although not being a man hater- does not trust us men folk (her first sponsor was chosen because she had burnt all her husband's clothes) came up to me after the meeting- took hold of my arm (my hands were in the sink) and said 'for someone so young to this John, you show great wisdom'. She almost sounded surprised. Nice I suppose, not the point- which is that I have a growing emotional awareness and balance.
Now cooking up more f....g chicken . It is 1/4 the price of lamb and beeeef- and cheaper than pork- with little waste with fat or bone. Plus roast vegies- which I will burn to perfection. and gravy!!! (so there!)
So all good (so far). Another faceless govt. dept sent me an email this morning that flies in the light of the previous other govt faceless dept that contacted me. They do not talk to each other.
Irony- all the politicians at federal level get a payrise the same day low paid workers get a pay cut.

AND..crazy cat lady was there- she was one of the more sane ones today.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Holy crap Phoenix, what a circus you've got over there! I'm glad you can keep a sense of humor about the whole thing. Damn people!

(LOL Dee!!!)

Happy Friday everyone! Startin' fluid hour has arrived.....getting ready to go into work....I need to remain mindful!
Old 06-23-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning!

PJ - craziness...or as Purplrks called it - "a circus". And yet somehow you consistently maintain a sense of grace under pressure. I learn from you every day. ❤️

Morning Purplrks!! Have a great day today.....when does your mini-vacation start??

Bobbie - so glad to hear about some positive things happening for Nathan. Must make your heart feel a little more whole. Love you.

Went to bed (well fell asleep on the couch) pretty early last night. My oldest daughter was over when I got home after work and it was really nice to spend some time with her. I really like who my kids are as adults...makes my soul happy.

Anyways off to work. Rainy and gloomy here today. I guess it's a good thing I'll be locked away indoors.

Happy Friday!!
Old 06-23-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Happy Friday, all!

Day 23. Little bug up, again, at 3:30am. Something is waking her up around that time every night and I can't figure it out. She WAS sleeping thought the night. Meh.

What's everyone doing this weekend? Need to be on guard. Weekends can be hard. Will be checking in lots. Love you all!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Sorry, Dee.

Good morning, guys!

All that cheery stuff must have worked. Am in a pretty good mood today. Okay, maybe it was the hopeful news.

Casey, you should behave. (when my mom used to say that I would reply, "I am have." that is a weird word to me, "behave")

Phoenix - your meetings sound a lot more exciting than mine. When people make crazy cat lady seem normal, you might be in trouble. If your dr. thinks you need to push faceless government people some more, just do it.

Purple - have a great day!! You are already 4 hours into your day. Hope your kicking some a**.

Samantha - Hope the gloom stays outside. Don't let it in NO MATTER WHAT. You are a gloom free zone.

LB - Hope you have a great day with your girls.

Hope everyone has a great day. I am visiting my son at the jail. A first for me. Bloody hell. (if that is considered cursing, I apologize)
Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

June 23, 2017
– NATIONAL PINK DAY
– NATIONAL TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY
– NATIONAL HYDRATION DAY
– NATIONAL PECAN SANDIES DAY
Old 06-23-2017, 07:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 29. First prime number in ages.

Slept great. Work tonight. At least as of right now. I'm trying to trade my shift tonight for one tomorrow night so I can hang out with my family. It's my baby sister's 30th birthday. Yikes, we're all getting old.

I'd probably go to more meetings if they were as entertaining as yours seem to be, Phoenix.

Enjoy our day of mindfulness, Purple.

You're not "locked away indoors", Samantha, you're sheltered from the storm.

I'm doing work and as mentioned above possibly a family birthday this weekend, Ladybug. That's about it. Sorry for your lack of sleep. Stick close, post often, don't drink. You can do this.

I'm not gonna drink today. How about you?

EDITED TO ADD: I am also have, Bobbieka. And I didn't have to write another post to say this. Glad you're getting to see Nathan, despite the circumstances.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:28 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Re-Member

EVERY day is National Hydration Day around these parts.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Quick check in on my way to breakfast with my daughter. I'll be back later. Have a great day! Love u!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Casey, you should behave. (when my mom used to say that I would reply, "I am have." that is a weird word to me, "behave")
Also: Your poor mom.