Notices

Class of March 2016 part 52

Old 06-22-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Bobbie! Just got back from an AA meeting. Really needed it today. I wish I could get to more. Thankful for you all, though
Old 06-22-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

On my way home. Had an alright day. Nothing weird or out of the ordinary.

Not too long ago though I had a thought..wouldn't some wine be relaxing tonight?? Huh? Wouldn't it?? I managed to shoo it away but it just snuck up on me so suddenly....it caught me off guard. Have to make a stop at the bank shortly and then it's straight home for me. Choosing to act pretty intentionally right now.

Be back later.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Sam, I've been having the same thoughts today. Been taking it minute by minute. Good job shooing it away!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Casey, can I change my guess??? Lol
Old 06-22-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Casey, can I change my guess??? Lol
Nope!

Home. Work was OK. Not good, not bad. Just work. Our general manager got arrested by state troopers in the middle of the shift. Not sure what that's about. None of my business really.

Naptime, Casey. Maybe an AA meeting later. Maybe not.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm here!

I have been running around like a maniac since 7:30 this morning and this is the first chance I have had to check in. I am on hold with some computer guy right now on my phone. He is trying to help me help my son fix his email. I swear these guys are CLUELESS! Ugh. And I still have to go to the grocery.....

Anyway, I am doing pretty good...just super tired. Cant wait to have a slow day tomorrow.

MITA...Thanks for reminding me to BREATHE! I forget all the time. ha.

Phoenix...I agree about keeping it simple and just focusing on the sobriety piece right now. I tend to try to fix EVERYTHING in one day. It doesn't work and almost always back fires. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 06-22-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

"shooing it away"

I'm picturing someone doing this like you'd flick a towel at a wasp or a blundering cow that interrupts your picnic in a field...

Take care, folks, have a good day xx
Old 06-22-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good afternoon guys!! The cleaning bug bit me this morning. My downstairs is so sparkly clean now.....just in time to wreck the kitchen in a few hours with dinner. 😐

I'm going to make a sign with my handy dandy Cricut machine that says "I could keep this kitchen clean if y'all would just stop eating here" and while I'm at it I need to make a mat for the front door that says "ah crap, you again?" I made one for my mom years ago. The UPS man loved it and wanted to buy it from her 😂 I swear I get some solar company knocking on my door at least twice a day. They need to make a doorbell that screams go away when it's pushed.

Next up is grocery shopping. I think all my cleaning might have scared the hag, she appears to be asleep. Much like the kids, grocery shopping without her is sooooo much easier! 😉
Old 06-22-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Good afternoon guys!! The cleaning bug bit me this morning. My downstairs is so sparkly clean now.....just in time to wreck the kitchen in a few hours with dinner. ��

I'm going to make a sign with my handy dandy Cricut machine that says "I could keep this kitchen clean if y'all would just stop eating here" and while I'm at it I need to make a mat for the front door that says "ah crap, you again?" I made one for my mom years ago. The UPS man loved it and wanted to buy it from her �� I swear I get some solar company knocking on my door at least twice a day. They need to make a doorbell that screams go away when it's pushed.

Next up is grocery shopping. I think all my cleaning might have scared the hag, she appears to be asleep. Much like the kids, grocery shopping without her is sooooo much easier! ��
I used to tell my kids I'd have the laundry caught up if everyone would just be naked. I lost.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

PR my Dad has one of those door mats too! I think it says "Oh, no, not you again!"

So good to see you all here.....had to practice some mindfulness today; it just kinda naturally happened instead of the usual "f-it" moment. Weird, but in a good way...if that even makes any sense!

Sam we can have our band and the juke box! You can totally be our triangle-ist Speaking of which, we should get a practice session going!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Had a nice day visiting with my daughter. She's vegetarian and we went out for lunch together to one of her favorite vegetarian places. I'm hungry again - very hungry

Getting ready for the NBA draft - always a lot of fun!

PR, cleaning is good, and I love that door mat.

Sam and LB2, nice work on shooing away those thoughts!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

So, spoke with Nathan. Seeing him tomorrow. The court is setting him up to go to rehab at the end of the month. He actually told me he is where he needs to be. I feel soooo much better. I think it was the Song, Casey. Thank you everyone for your prayers.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:40 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
So, spoke with Nathan. Seeing him tomorrow. The court is setting him up to go to rehab at the end of the month. He actually told me he is where he needs to be. I feel soooo much better. I think it was the Song, Casey. Thank you everyone for your prayers.
I'm sooo glad Bobbie. Things are looking up!!!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

That's great, Bobbie!

Pardon my ignorance, MITA but is the NBA draft televised? Or is it just for new players out of college....I only ask because I'd like to see if Vince Carter will stay with the Grizzlies.....Purps needs to know where to locate her eye candy!!
Old 06-22-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
That's great, Bobbie!

Pardon my ignorance, MITA but is the NBA draft televised? Or is it just for new players out of college....I only ask because I'd like to see if Vince Carter will stay with the Grizzlies.....Purps needs to know where to locate her eye candy!!
Hey Purps. It is televised on ESPN. It is just for new players coming out of college, but often includes trades of current players for draft picks.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

You can thank me later.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

LMAO!!! Thanks MITA ~ I've had a crush on him since his rookie year with the Raptors!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
I think it was the Song, Casey. .
Old 06-22-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Whew, loooong but good first summer vaca day. Thanks for keeping me sober today friends!
Old 06-22-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through, AK!!

And glad you were able to go to a meeting LB!!