How you doing kev?
Old 05-27-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 6 months jillwink

D
Old 05-27-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ananda do you think you could repost that video you sent on Rat Park? I can't find it but if too much of a hassle don't worry, I'll find it somehow.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:58 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Steely you were posting on an old thread - I must have forgotten to close it - so I bought your posts here

D
Old 05-27-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee
Old 05-27-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

OOps ... thanks dee,

Sorry for the late response Steely - Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY9DcIMGxMs

mmm maybe it will work this time...
Old 05-27-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
My sleep is still really disrupted ananda and woke at 3:50am which is an improvement as was waking constantly. No wonder I'm so tired and lack energy.

Looking forward to seeing your pics of rat cage and if I get to express this properly I take a pic on my iPad which gets automatically saved to Camera Roll then go to tiny pic (free) which allows me to cut and paste here.

Just watched this rapper guy from America who does this really great rap on 'I'stuff and now I feel embarrassed. I feel like an Idick

He's here in Melbourne for an Arts Festival and really good.
So what is his name steely and I will look him up...might know him as I have several rappers I like (mostly older from gangsta rap period).

My current favorite is Macklamore & Ryan ... look it up he is great and in recovery. Here are three I love. The first is a recovery song, the second is an awesome anti consumerism and the third is my favorite upbeat for first thing in the morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYN14UfO-Uc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
Old 05-27-2017, 10:13 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,

Awesome job on 6 months Jillwink!! So happy for you.

So pleased that you had a good conversation with your son Steely and that alcohol wasn't the focus of the conversation . You are doing AMAZING!! I read some of your posts on threads on the newcomers forum and you sound strong, funny, knowledgeable and kind. You inspire me Steely.

Ananda, always a joy to read your posts. I build bridges around me too. I still often feel like an outsider looking at all the normal people but I keep reminding myself that that perception is of my making, inside my head.

Watched the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie at the cinema last night. Watching a drunken Jack Sparrow drinking rum and staggering and being drunk I thought, "please stop portraying alcoholics as victims of ridicule. Jack Sparrow is sick. Somebody help him!" And I know Jack Sparrow is a fictional pirate and of course they're going to portray pirates as hard drinking rogues but I noticed my reaction and registered the change. I see someone drinking heavily nowdays (even an imaginary pirate in a movie) and I want them to put the bottle down, post on SR and start rebuilding their life.

I think maybe some new neurones or something might have grown in my brain because I'm seeing the way our society sometimes glamorises/sometimes condemns alcohol and it's like I'm seeing it with brand new eyes.

Kev, how you doing? Hope you're still feeling positive and strong and enjoying the weekend.

Lots of love to everyone xxx

Ps Apart from wanting Jack Sparrow to stop drinking, I loved the new Pirates movie. Especially the ghost sharks. Awesome
Old 05-28-2017, 12:01 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks so much ananda.

Have run out of milk so have to dash to shop to buy some, also lollies. Fruit Tingles are the best.

I'm going to check all those links out when I get back and am looking forward.

Hi kenton back in a flash to read your post. We are still rockin' girls.

And I just wrote a poem. I fink it's rap
Old 05-28-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'll get his name ananda and post to you.

I loved them all....

...day were f'n awesome
Old 05-28-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

We are an awesome rocking lot! I wanna Lolli too!!!!!

Kenton, I've never been a Jack sparrow fan, although I love Johnny Depp in general, but I loved your description of a change in view, "I noticed my reaction and registered the change. " This is such a Buddhist thing to do "it's like I'm seeing it with brand new eyes" is a lot (if not exactly) like an old time AAer's story in the Big Book "A new pair of glasses" when describing what changed his life.

This is the sort of thing I see every where when I "wake up" to reality. Everyone trying to find words to express the same thing ... and then so often we (or at least I) will get all in a twist because of the word choice instead of seeing that we are all pointing to the same experience!

Well, I watched the newest StarTrek Movie with my son last night er or tonight or whatever (LOL time shifting again). I think it was an awesome movie, but I was lost . I don't know if it is because my brain is a bit off after last May's "event" or if it was just a confusing movie. It was action filled and would have been better on a movie theatre style screen ... but I just couldn't follow it. As seen by seen occurred I couldn't figure out what was going on other than a lot of fighting, flying and exiting action. The only part that moved slow enough for me to follow was what I thought was a new love interest for Scotty that ended up not being that at all

Old 05-28-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

oh ... I forgot to tell you ... I'm up in the middle of the night with a sore neck/shoulders/back issue. I've put on a heating pad and taken some "not asprin asprin" and will return to bed when it kicks in in about a half hour.

Love you all and will read about your day tomarrowl
Old 05-28-2017, 01:36 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks kenton I'm still struggling but if I don't laugh I'll cry. Matter of fact thought I might have brain damage because of all the laughing emoticons I'm posting. Have I gone into some euphoric state that's not the pink cloud just straight out looney?!

And now when I go to use that little green fella he's not there, and I know it's a conspiracy trying to keep me in check. Good ya SR . Hang on, he just reappeared. I'm cured. Not.

You're not alone as the outsider looking out at the passing parade with all of its normalcy. Me too.

I always remember sitting outside of a supermarket next to a woman whose friend had arrived to pick her up. She had a bottle of vodka in her trolley and reminded her friend to be careful as it might break. She said it in a really natural way whereas I would have whispered or hidden the vodka. It would probably have lasted her a month, but me, nyet.

I know that is not exactly what you mean but yes, I observe as though disconnected from everyday life. Sometimes it's lonely.

As for Jack Sparrow I know what you mean. Whilst still drinking and in a pub a poor old man staggered in with a prosthetic leg, he was really drunk and looked destroyed.

People started laughing because his leg fell off, it was horrible. I helped reattach his leg but no one assisted and then the cops came and carted him off. Maybe I identified, I did. Help him, you d/faces!

I like pirate movies for some reason hoisting the old skull and cross bones, the odd mutiny, walking the plank, bit of a keel haul (eek) that sort of stuff. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I think you are a lovely person too kenton. From your very first post I have thought that, kind, intelligent and giving. I thank you for that.

I reckon we make a deadly class and without you would be lost, drinking. You have all saved my life. I forget all too soon when left to my own devices.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

crap ... now I have woken up ... but at least I no longer hurt.

Probably be up a while, am turning on the tele and looking for anything funny on youtube .... might even go outside
Old 05-28-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I'm confused...

So am I correct that it is cold in Australia now? Do you call it winter now or do you call it summer but just consider summer to be cold and winter to be hot?
Old 05-28-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

we get all 4 seasons but opposite to when you get them Nands - I always call winter June July and August.

It stays around the low to mids 20c in the day but can get down to single figures at night,

D
Old 05-28-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Just had to post. I had a rather difficult attack of emotions that started a bit ago. I'm crying, but I know it's time to face these feelings, walk through them and stop just waking up everyone with my nightmares.

I can't believe how much I fcked up and fcked over everyone who ever cared about me. I'm not gonna sink into self pity, but it was time to face this. And to really accept how much I hurt over all of that junk from the past.

I may need to really write a lot about this in a journal during this new therapy. It hurts and for a moment there I thought it was unbearable. But it isn't. I can bear it.

I am shutting down my emotions now and will look at this again in a few days ... perhaps call my therapist tomorrow morning ... I guess this morning since it is 5:18 am now.

I think this is the right thing to do ... taking this stuff out of the closet and shaking all the cobwebs and dusts off it. Then I can put things neatly in their place with some acceptance and forgiveness of myself.

Sorry to drivel on you ... I really need to shut this off (my feelings) till I talk to my therapist I think .. not sure.

The one thing I know is don't drink. And I actually didn't think of it at all till about 2 seconds ago... and that was just wow ... drinking doesn't seem like an option. But I will call therapist as sitting on this too long could become my next EXCUSE for a drink if not attended to.

I'll post brightly in a bit cause I really do bounce like a ball. I use to call it living in the bounce
Old 05-28-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
we get all 4 seasons but opposite to when you get them Nands - I always call winter June July and August.

It stays around the low to mids 20c in the day but can get down to single figures at night,

D
er .. so not everyone in Australia would call it winter???? Just what you do?????

So if June, July August is summer ... what months are spring, fall and winter?

I know it doesn't matter ... but curious minds want to know ... plus it is a distraction
Old 05-28-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

I just meant I dunno when it officially starts and ends but those months are wintry for me Nands

whatever is your summer is our winter, your fall our spring etc

I'm sorry you had an attack of difficult emotions. I don't think I'd define your history as harshly as that at all

You've always been a good friend to me and to others here at SR

None of us are all bad or all good - most of us have a little bit of a mix going on

D
Old 05-28-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Just checking in to let you all know that I'm sober and okay

I was busy going to work this week (I am working as an assistant for two lawyers, worked there before and right now the lady who normally does it is ill for a couple of weeks so they asked me if I could come and I said yes!). It's nice to have a routine again but I'm not used to getting up that early. I also went to lots of meetings so I don't end up feeling too lonely while my BF needs space. Now he's spending the weekend with me and we're about to head out to the bay. Will do some sketching, reading and sunbathing!

I'll catch up with all your posts later. I started reading some and it sounds like all of you are doing well which makes my heart happy!

Now running out of time to read the rest or write more, so see you later!

Have a lovely day/night all of you! Love you xxx