Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 9

Old 06-20-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Good Morning Steely

I'm hot and sweaty and sober!

When I drank the heat just sucked me dry in seconds and in the summer I pretty much just sat in a chair with a cold cloth...well, ok ... truth to be told .... I pretty much sat in a chair no matter what the season

I have got to get my mom to buy me a canner before the end of the summer!

Check out the garden thread Steely. Kenton, do you garden? I'll ask you when you get back as you are busy right now with vacation stuff!

I'm going to try and post a few pics tonight ... I know I keep saying that
Old 06-20-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Have just read your post Nands and will be back. Have a dental appointment this morning and don't want to rush my reply.

I get it Nands, I do.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

And our posts crossed. Two ships sailing safe.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:01 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Kev ... just thinking of you and sending Metta your way!

Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

And don't worry about your feelings and emotions spilling out here Nands. We're tough and the Nobenders stick together.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhYaFplWam0

......."consider the child....". That's us Nands . Nurture ourselves and our sobriety.

Rock on sister.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thank you Steely, Nands and Kenton. For thinking of me even when I'm not around often and also just for being there.

Nands, I love gardening too, I have a small balcony but I did lots of planting the past weekend. I have loads of plants on my window shelves too. My 'recovery twin' (the plant that I nearly killed because of my drinking and not being able to take are of anything anymore but then started to depot and remove all the rotten roots in my first week or so of sobriety) has gotten absolutely HUGE! It looks so strong and healthy and it makes me so happy. When I feel a bit rubbish it reminds me that I have grown just as much in the past 8 months. Just not as noticeable on the outside.

Kenton, it makes me happy to hear you're enjoying all the fascinating sights and that you're having such a good time in Italy! You deserve every moment of it.

Steely, it made me so happy to hear about your son's response. And I thought too, that maybe seeing you being sober and honest changes the way he perceives you and also his attitude towards you. I'm really happy for you

LSW, well done on 7 months!!

Today I went to a bar. First time without my recovering BF. I went with a good friend of mine who I told about my alcoholism and who's been so incredibly understanding. I told her that I couldn't promise her to join because it could happen that I just don't feel like I can deal with it that day. And also that it could happen that I spontaneously leave in case it gets too much. And she understood. That alone made it so much easier for me. Knowing that I can leave whenever I want without having to worry about hurting someone's feelings.

It was a lovely evening and we met with 3 Canadian girls from Vancouver. One of them is looking for a room for the next two months so I might rent out one of my rooms to her. I feel stable enough to deal with another person in my home and I would feel less lonely and isolated. Also it would be a good chance to make some extra cash and pay off the last bit of my depts. And two months isn't too long.
Oh and today (or yesterday cause posting after midnight) marked 8 months for me! I can not believe it! Such a relief

Good night nobenders, I love you all!
Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi Kev!

You sound so good You handled that opportunity sooo well!!!!!

OK ... so hopefully when you are less busy you will be able to take a look at the gardening thread. It's under social café or something like that... But remember NOVBENDER thread gets the first priority as we love you!

I just took a bath so I decided not to mow tonight ... will try to get up early tomarrow.

And of course

I like this smiley!
Old 06-20-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FhYaFplWam0

......."consider the child....". That's us Nands . Nurture ourselves and our sobriety.

Rock on sister.
I want to be Kitty girl!!! Can I Can I Can I!!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 8 months Kev

glad you're feeling a little better - hope things aren't too hot for you Nands

Hope the dentist goes well Steely

D

Last edited by Dee74; 06-20-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-20-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

8 months is awesome Kev, well done!!!

Off to the Vatican today. I'll say a prayer for us nobenders when I'm there. Not even religious but I reckon a prayer in the Vatican won't do us any harm. G'day y'all and ciao. I'm so international xxx
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Kenton!

D
Old 06-21-2017, 12:02 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Always thinking of you kev. Always thinking about us all and our struggle with overcoming alky-holism. "What a drag, said Paul McCarney said after John Lennnon was killed/murdered.

Gardening is really soothing for me and can remember when stuck somewhere with an essay, if I dug in the garden for a while and then returned to my desk I would be rejuvenated for the mental stuff.

Always better when doing Aboriginal studies.

Once found in a vegetable patch I was trying to grow, jewellery, not expensive, but old and a silver pocket watch really weathered down by the soil. Ruined, but interesting.

Was thinking about you Nands and the feelings of insecurity. The not feeling safe state. The feelings of "aloneness" andno one being there to help you. I can relate to that.

Can't help but think that these feelings are born out of trauma, sexual or otherwise of some kind. Makes sense. Powerlessness. But we're changing.

You also say that previously you would just throw it off and and not think about it anymore, but don't forget you drank. So did I. So did we all by the sound of it. .

But this time 'we' got lucky and don't want to throw it off anymore and want to take lifeand ourselves by hand, and trust ourselves. Lots of people don't make that existential leap. Hope I can . We could have got lucky?

So even though it's scary feeling alone it is the best thing we could possibly do. At least that's how I see it?

I'm glad you are enjoying your holiday Kenton. Volcanos have always fascinated me. And you do deserve every moment of it, as do us all. We are deserving. . The Vatican visit sounded great.

This is a rambling post and am tired from full day out but did manage to buy myself two pieces of pottery (?) for a buck a throw at the op shop. I'll post the pics.

My love to all xxx
Old 06-21-2017, 05:16 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Is "kitty girl" Gerry Hall Nands?

I was going to say in my last post that I bags not being Gerry Hall, so she's all yours Nands.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-10-a.html

D