Notices

Class of February 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 05-22-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Meow

(((Viper))) That's rough.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:50 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Vipe - harness that grace. Whatever it is - don't just rest on it and expect it to lift you out. Empower it. Promote it!

Old 05-22-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I'm feeling the pull but I am going to resist it today. No plans for tomorrow, just want to win today.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:34 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Meow

You can do it, axe! Just say NO!
Old 05-22-2017, 04:50 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm at major crossroads in life. I can't make a move. The booze seems to be the only move to make.
That would be what my inner addict wanted me to think.

I'm sorry about the lyme disease Viper but I reckon not throwing booze at our problems is a better choice.

Hope you can make some positive healthy moves soon - maybe write out all your possible moves? discard the negative ones...work it out that way?

Axe - I believe in you man - my fear of pain was greater than the pain itself...a little short term discomfort for long term gain, yeah?

D
Old 05-22-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

The Lyme thing is what it is. I ain't cryin' about it. I just read something about adversity and hard times are what put a soul into an intelligence, and I've got a heck of a soul. 8 months in bed. Booze won't help it. I've proven that I can feel better. It's made me a pretty tough dude, and given me gifts. I treasure simple things a lot more than other people. I don't care about your damn Porsche. I'd rather have a crappy lawn chair and a beach (a nice girl wouldn't hurt .

It's just stress is rough, and all of the health conditions that it creates for good. A friend of mine had a dog that's legs were useless. He was crawling around. They treated the Lyme Disease, but it didn't work. Nothing worked. After about a year, the old beast just beat the crap out of the Lyme himself. He beat it, was running around. My sister's dog has had it several times even with Frontline onboard. If you are lucky, the symptoms are obvious right away and you get a serious rash. I have never seen the Bull's Eye Rash. I've seen a number of Lyme Rashes, usually they cover a massive area. But I've never seen the classic one.

I guess you could compare it to malaria. Some people are going to die and others can get through it without any treatment. In Connecticut we know that no one, no one, knows anything about Lyme disease. If they say they know something for certain, they are full of $%^&. No test, no doctor can say for sure that you do not have it, or that you need this or that symptom.

Well I let too many days go by without Prozac and man I'm feeling it. I see the psychiatrist tomorrow and I should be able to pop one in the morning. The good thing is after 7 days or so without, it should kick in very fast.

AXE, yes I gotta cultivate the grace. I can't take it for granted.

I'm going to watch some more episodes of that new Twin Peaks.

Later,

Viper
Old 05-22-2017, 06:53 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

That's nuts about the Lyme disease, Vipe. Fortunately, I've never had anything that incapacitated me for more than a few days.

But a cool story about the deer. For a moment there I thought "NOOO! After all that work he totaled the Acura."
Old 05-22-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Meow

Just checking in. End of another long day.

Wonder how Badger is doing....
Old 05-22-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Rascal, the Acura is a speed demon now. It's a Type-S. It's a blast to heat her up now and then. I'm pretty careful. It doesn't take as much speed to juice me up anymore. Stops on a dime though. The deer was cool. It was surreal. I probably should have said doe instead of fawn. I had fawn in my head for some reason.

I am experiencing a proper detox. My calves are like stone and killing me. My ankle tendinitis is back. A lot of tight muscles and tendons. Irritable. That gives out after time. It's a good sign.

Ok time for sleep. I've got the Psychiatrist at 10am. Night.

-Viper
Old 05-23-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

I had a big fight with my wife and I gave in again. However, it provided a lot of clarity. I actually stopped part way through and decided to go to bed. I'm not hurting as much this morning. In the fight, I learned a lot about my wife's most sensitive raw feelings and I have a path to being a better husband. It definitely includes sobriety. After the fight, I felt a lot of raw emotion and realized I'll have to start dealing with that instead of blunting it.

It truly is the fear, or AV manufactured fear, of things that I run away from when those things aren't really bad at all.
Old 05-23-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Axe, you just keep learning if you keep trying. Cutting it short was good. It's really hard to know what people are thinking or how they are affected by your words or actions. A lot of men would just say 'aahhh women....' Their gender may or not may matter, but I think a lot of times guys realize what is really ticking off their girlfriend, we are like 'Whhhaaatttttt? You feel like X because of Y??????? I had no clue!' Honestly, it really never crossed your mind. I think just nicely saying, 'wait a second. I'm sorry, I honestly don't get what's going on here,' is a pretty good way to go.

Depressed about my sick friend and kinda booze sick. Don't know what's gonna happen.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

It was hard to see exactly how hurt she was/is from my drinking. She said she feels like every night I choose beers over spending time with her and she is right. I thought I was mad at her for some bad habits she has but they're all a result of feelings hopeless and neglected by my addiction.

I want this to be the event that causes me to change.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say hello, I am back from inpatient treatment. Insurance would only cover 22 days, but it was really good. I just wanted to check in since I now have real access to my phone. I look forward to catching up with everyone, and on everything I missed.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:35 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Badger

D
Old 05-23-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hi Badger!
Old 05-23-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Hi Badger! Can you tell us about your experience? I am thinking about treatment as an option. It might be intensive outpatient but I'd love to learn more.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Oh! And I am sober tonight
Old 05-23-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Badger Congrats!! Great effort. Welcome.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Didn't do that great today.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not sit down and work out a plan Viper?

I see you throwing a lot of stuff at the void, trying to fill it, but not much action on healing it - why not give it a go?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D