Notices

Class of January 2017 Support Thread Part 5

Old 07-12-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Day 193,

NACN - I had heard about his death I used to watch True Blood and he was one of my favourite characters. So sad and much too soon.

Well, I'm up early....mostly because I didn't really sleep last night. Arghhh....I'm trying to push through today and not nap and reset my internal clock. Darn insomnia. Other than that, things are good. I went to a friend's play last night which was great, followed by an outdoor theatre crew party. In the past, the idea of standing around meeting strangers would give me severe anxiety, but now sober I feel so much more comfortable/excited about it. And my AV was silent!

Anyways, going to try to be productive!!
Hope you all have a great day
Old 07-13-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Day 194
Hi Ina.
Glad you are doing well. You are way better at attending social events, if I know people are drinking, than I am. Definitely something I need to work on now.

Only a quick check-in as I am also trying to be productive this morning and running slightly behind.
Have a healthy, sober and happy day classmates.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:10 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Quick check in. Ina, sounds like you had fun at the play! And good for you for going to the party and not having AV bother you. Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Sleeping seems to be strange for all of us. DLB, I remember you had a long time of disturbed sleep. And Ina, sounds like you have some insomnia. I have kind of the opposite...I sleep all the time! This whole week I woke up to get my son to camp, then came home and slept for another hour and a half. And I don't go to bed too late, usually around 11:00. Very strange. I've started taking a multivitamin, I am hoping that may help.

Speaking of bed, off to bed right now! We are leaving on a family trip on Saturday, so tomorrow will be a day of packing and preparing.

Have a healthy, happy, sober day everyone!
NACN
Old 07-14-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Day 195
Hi NACN.
I did have a really hard time sleeping. It has levelled out now but my insomnia was so hard for months.
I would also have serious fatigue throughout the day. I would be closing my eyes in meetings and would catch myself beginning dreaming. It might be that this fatigue had a lot to do with my depression, at this time.

I think, in my very ill informed way, it was my body healing, getting used to normal body or brain chemistry. Balancing out again. I have no clue but that was my experience, if it helps.

This week has been good. Positive again and happy. The six month routine reboot was a good idea. Like renewing my vows

Wishing you a healthy, sober and fulfilling day Januarians.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Day 196
Good morning classmates

For whatever reason, I woke up today and thought of the 5 or 6 of us left in our sober recovery class and felt enormous gratitude and pride that we have got this far.
I tried to remember as many classmates, who are not here now, but all of whom shared their journey and were part of our support group contributing to us being here.

People join SR everyday to have what our January 2017 class have now. We are on the right path. So today's post is just a thank you to you guys as I run out to the gym.

Have a healthy, happy and sober Saturday. One more day.
Old 07-16-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Day 197
A very quick (and late) checkin. I have had my customary internet woes today and been rushing around in between.
Hope everyone is well. I am doing well, except for aches and pain from a new workout place. Everything hurts but in a good way.
Have a healthy, sober and happy Sunday.
Old 07-16-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your milestones DLB
Old 07-16-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Day 197,

Just checking in Had a pretty quiet weekend here and now enjoying a lazy Sunday filled with pizza, movies, and ice cream! Sunday's my diet cheat day for treats! DLB, squeeze in a workout for me! LOL! One day I'll get back to the gym. Anyways, hope you've all had a great weekend
Old 07-16-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Ina

D
Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Day 198,
Hi classmates. Slept restlessly and got up late. Coffee is slowly kicking in.

Ina, that sounds like a great Sunday ! I should diet. I just work out a few days and hope it all balances out. It doesn't quite
Thanks Dee for the encouragement and inspiration.

Have a great, healthy and sober week all !
Old 07-18-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Day 199.
Good morning. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Quiet class thread these days but quickly checking in to SR each day regardless.
Have a great day all.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Day 199.
Checking in as well. Beautiful day here. Enjoyed a nice long walk with the dog and now home about to have a late supper. I was somewhat afraid that once I removed the drinking wine, I'd lose interest in researching recipes and cooking, but the exact opposite has happened. I find myself so much more interested in the process and pushing myself to try new things. I'm still no chef, but it's really become a great part of my recovery!
Anyways, just wanted to pop in and say hello
Hope you're all doing great!
Old 07-19-2017, 03:14 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Day 200.

A milestone day. 200 seems a good reason to deserve a bold font.

Ina , I am also into cooking. And I watch way too many cooking shows. I have a few go-to recipes but I am also far from being a "chef".
- We should swap recipes one day !

I have had a good week so far. Not too crazy.

Have a healthy, happy and sober day classmates.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

CONGRATS DLB!!

200 days also deserves all caps!! Awesome accomplishment.

Sorry I haven't been around. The family and I were in DC for a few days and my hotel only let a certain number of devices on Wifi, so of course my teenage daughters jumped right on before I had a chance! We have now moved to a hotel in Baltimore, and I claimed wifi first!!

Traveling has been good, very hot few days. Traveling is usually a huge trigger to me, and I have to admit to being jealous a few times at local restaurants when my husband ordered the local beer. But, I compensate with ice cream and candy! Better get back to workouts when we return home. Long drive tomorrow, so not sure that I'll be able to check in.

Have a healthy happy sober day.
NACN
Old 07-20-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Day 201.

Also congrats Ina on crossing your 200 milestone !! You haven't mentioned it but well done.

Thanks NACN for the encouragement. I also get some AV in restaurants when traveling. I am still looking for excuses sometimes for "one drink to be OK". Fortunately, so far, I have been able to catch myself and play the tape forward. Deserts are a good reward for staying sober !

Have a healthy, sober and happy day classmates. We are getting through this !
Old 07-20-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Massive congrats DLB and Ina

Congrats to everyone really!

D
Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Day 202.
Weekends are a bit quiet on our thread so just a quick checkin.

I am doing well. My 6 month reaffirmation of this recovery/life rebuild has lost a bit of the edge it has had over the last weeks. Apathy I suppose. Changing that this weekend! About to go for a run and work on my self-study stuff.

have a great, sober day classmates wherever you are.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats DLB - have a good weekend everybody!

D
Old 07-21-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Day 200 here, I do believe! Feeling pretty good about that.

We got home from Baltimore last night. I gained 5 pounds on a 6 day trip! Yikes! All the candy and ice cream finally caught up to me! Back at the diet today, and hopefully back to regular exercise starting again tomorrow.

Has anyone heard of the app Nomo? I downloaded it to my phone. It doesn't have a ton of functions, but it does work as a countdown, calculates the money saved since quitting, as well as the hours gotten back. It also provides daily encouragement quotes. I quite like it, even though it doesn't "do" a whole lot.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, peaceful, sober weekend!
NACN
Old 07-21-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  

Day 200

Congrats to everyone hitting the big 200 day mark! We went to florida about 3weeks ago and it knocked me out of my routine of counting days and reading posts. I like getting on here and seeing how everybody is doing but I'm not into counting days anymore. I'm just not feelin it. I think that app would be cool cause you could check it periodically and see where your at. My phone is apiece of junk so when I break down and go to Verizon for my new Android that will be the first app i get. My wife and kids bought me a kindle for father's day, which I love. It took me forever to get on board with that idea. The first ebook i purchased was "first year sobriety" by guy kettelback. Has anyone read it? Does anyone have any recommendations? I think reading stuff like that is kind of replacing my counting days thing. Alright I'm out. Have a good weekend everybody. Stay safe and sober.