Notices

F.I.S.T. (The First Insanity Survivors Thread)

Old 03-16-2017, 06:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Today I woke up in a better mood. Good thing. Today was so busy, with so many priorities screaming for my attention, that it helped to be coming from a level base.

With the house sale stress, I keep telling myself that I'll forget about it as soon as it's behind me.

Carlos - Nice job relishing in some well deserved down time. I hope you enjoy your date!!

I'm terrible at coming up with titles. Sober Together?
Old 03-16-2017, 07:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi LostinManhattan!!! Thanks for the compliment, but when it comes to a vote, I'm not voting for snarkbunny diaries. This thread is at its worst when it's all about me.

But that one with malarkey in it, I like, as well as a couple of others. Because we're all snarky, sometimes.

Get your thread-title nominations in by noon US East Coast Daylight Savings Time tomorrow!

Today I did no evil, and I didn't drink. Coincidence?
Old 03-16-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I can't shake these feelings of guilt and shame. I don't know why- it's around my sponsor, meeting attendance and man problems. There is some avoidance going on.
Oh well, it can be fixed with some phone calls. And I am STILL not feeling well. BUT. Another day going to bed sober. Makes it a GREAT day

I have to tell you you guys, I really am truly blessed with my little girl. She is a 4 and a half year old little me. And she is so schleppable when it comes to meetings. I bring her to pretty much every meeting I go to. She might be getting a little of the electronic babysitting going on, but I've gotten over that a long time ago. She is a very well-adjusted, bright, sweet little girl with a goofy devilish streak, and growing up in an AA household. She looks forward to meetings (I try and save electronic time for that, ha) and I can already say, she asks me almost every day if we're going to a meeting. Usually if she doesn't, I've already told her we are. I am lucky. I've got my own ready-made motivator. SO grateful for her tonight. Boosts my spirits.

I LOL'ed at the snark bunny diaries I know we couldn't use obscene, I just liked it. I am working half-heartedly on my potty mouth. I can't remember why but in the shower today I was shouting "MALARKAAAY!!" This was before we got onto thread titles. So I must've read it on here somewhere or I have no idea.
Do you ever just replace profanity with the most ridiculous words? I find it helps diffuse anger too.
I'd write a list but it's better in the moment. I should wear a go-pro. Or just put a camera up in my house somewhere. Just to see how ridiculous I really am in this life.
And vain.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Howdy hey, many good title suggestions, I identify with the SoberSnarkyMalarky- SSM, as I tend towards snarkyisms often in my work. Did I just make up a new word?

Happy Friday all and no drinking for the Badge today!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Today I did no evil, and I didn't drink. Coincidence?
Exactly! Will make that my goal for the day.

Not Irish, so this wasn't really ever a "tie one on" day. I do remember some AA folks from up north worrying about this holiday and how it was a tradition in their households to get stupid drunk. I do plan to wear green, as requested, for my workout class this morning.

I was recruited yesterday to join a team with three others from the gym to do a "Savage Race" tomorrow. It's 7.5 miles with 24 obstacles of climbing, water mud...etc. It looks a little intimidating and the waiver was downright scary. I could use some positive vibes.

Well, time for a coconut milk latte and to start the day. Have a good one, all.

No drinkin or druggin for me today.

Carlos
Old 03-17-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Kinda sounds like a st pats day thing! I won't drink/use today.
Old 03-17-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
p***enger

Is it St Patricks Day? I didn't know.

I've got one... did you know the word "snark" was invented by Lewis Carroll in the poem "The Hunting of the Snark"?

"'You may seek it with thimbles—and seek it with care;
You may hunt it with forks and hope;
You may threaten its life with a railway-share;
You may charm it with smiles and soap—'"
I propose Hunting the Sober Snark

I'm staying sober today
Old 03-17-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning you wonderful people.
Still feeling off.
See I do this thing sometimes. I have no privacy outside of my house to smoke. It's not that I don't like my neighbours- I do. They are quite nice. But everyone likes to party. And I think all my years being on the farm has made me just want to sit and have a smoke in peace, or in the summer sit in my yard in the sun and not be bothered. I feel so crowded so I like to stay in my little box, and I smoked in my room last night, which is just bleh. And woke up with a hangover like headache again.
I know a part of it is this feeling of guilt hanging over me. I am trying to knock off some of the things from my list because ACTION is the only thing that's going to make me feel better. I have let some people down and doing so makes me feel like back in the bad olden days.
SO. I am knocking off some texts today to people I've been pushing off. I'm going to call the daycare today. I'm going to try to force myself to talk to my parents today. (UGH- I need money help. Which they said they would do- which wasn't enough)
I am going to aim for two meetings today. A noon one and I don't know when the evening one is.
I am going to Alanon because I need it. I need to let my boyfriend go. This relationship is going nowhere and it's unfair of me to string him along. That and I feel so vulnerable, he knows so much about me, I have been so open and honest, yet I know practically nothing about him. Like, he likes video games. Playing pool. Rush games with the buddies. We see each other maybe once a month and I haven't seen him since January. I don't want to hurt him.
I want the codependent in me to bugger off!! I am making this out to be way bigger in my head than it should. I was not prepared for a relationship. Sigh.
Adulting sucks sometimes.

I also am craving dirt. And seeds. And just sprouting seeds, and watching them grow and having my hands in dirt and enjoying the wonders of watching things grow into beautiful flowers or yummy vegetables. I miss the farm. Terribly.

Anyhow, another day, another not drinking day. Woot woot
Old 03-17-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
p***enger

Get up and get out in the world and the air, Deliza. Go to your meetings, take a fresh look at your little girl.

When my husband's out of town, I smoke in our apartment at night. Just a little, but it gives me that bleh feeling about my apartment and myself. No reason to do it. It's just one of those little bitty ways to act out when I'm anxious.

Maybe you can become a flowerpot farmer. People are really successful with tomatoes even in apartments!
Old 03-17-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

It's a beautiful day today. Went to a noon meeting with my little snark.
I am just totally drained now. Nap, supper, a walk and another meeting tonight. Sponsor is coming over tomorrow so must clean some house.
It will be a busy weekend. 4 meetings, sponsor visit, swimming.. we'll see if we can manage all of it.
Night time smoking outside.. not my favourite. The whole no privacy thing, it's a holiday type weekend, and the rowdy's are out. My van was gone through again last night. I try not to be out too much alone at night.

I am totally going to garden! I salvaged what seeds I could from the farm. I sprout my own seeds from produce at the store too. I need dirt and other stuff. I have to figure out a way to do this as cheap as possible. I used to spend a small fortune on gardening stuff on the farm.

I need to stop thinking about the farm for a bit, makes me miss my home.
Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
p***enger

Deliza, could you talk to a local plant nursery about volunteering there in exchange for soil , old pots, and seeds? You have a lot of experience they should appreciate!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I could go for "Hunting the Sober Snark."
Old 03-17-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

courage I was thinking of looking into local community gardens volunteering and seeing about growing some of my own and then what I can here in pots and whatnot.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Courage is currently having connectivity problems, so I am posting this on her behalf:

"These are the suggestions on the table.

"Sober Snarky Malarkey
Hunting the Sober Snark
Sober Together
Insanity Survivors
Sober Harm Reductors
Back From the Brink
Joy in Sobriety

"We go by Chicago voting rules--vote early and often. You don't have to be sane or even alive to cast a vote. Write-ins allowed.

"A day without a drink is like...today. "
Old 03-18-2017, 03:16 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I'll go with Insanity Survivors.

It acknowledges that we still sometimes struggle with "insanity"--yet we survive without drinking.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Here's hoping that left-eye is reconnected in short order.

I will be happy with any name that is chosen.

I was just laying here thinking about how Back From The Brink I've traveled in these past four years. (was that a passive/aggressive vote? ) My good friends came clean and told me that they fully expected me to be dead in short order as that run concluded. Thankfully, that isn't the 411 today.

Four years ago it would have been an effort to just walk to the neighbors house - and I for sure would have wanted a liquid treat for the effort.

Today, I'm preparing, with a team of 3 others, to run 7.5 miles with 24 serious obstacles standing in our way. Look out, Savage Race-Florida, the Trinity Y team is ready to rock this thing. (with fingers crossed, that is)

Deli, good luck following up with your green thumb.

Badge, could you define snarkyism? I may be surrounded???

Glee, what's shakin in CT this weekend?

You too, Gilmer Girl....time for a tale or two from you....

Hey, let's enjoy another day away from the bad stuff.

Carlos
Old 03-18-2017, 05:39 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good luck running through the mud, Carlos! My hat is off to you!

I bought a pair of walking shoes a couple of weeks ago; I suppose I'd better open the box and try them on!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm just not going to drink/use today.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
hey ya'll!! Checking in and just realized today is 4 months!! Yeah Me

Oh what could we change the title to,,,, hmmmm something awesome that reflects the wonderfulness and brilliance that we all exude,,,,,,yet is not to pretentious,,,,,, must think,,,,,,,

Badge
4 Months down and a lifetime to go!
Congrats Badgerden!
Old 03-18-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomls View Post
Thank you, thank you very much! None today too! Thanks for the thread Dee! Congratulations Badge!!
Way to GO, Tom!