Notices

Class of March 2016 part 42

Old 03-02-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

"Where I am is where it's at." Someone said that to me once. I think we need to try and live this idea. I am where I am supposed to be right now. In this moment.

I know there are better ways to say all of this. I know I can't live this idea every moment, but I certainly am trying. It feels a lot better trying than I felt last year when I was never comfortable.

I have AA tonight. Making burgers because it's easy. Will get in a short run. Have I told you guys recently how much I appreciate you all? Well, I do. Have a great evening or day if you're upside down. Love you guys!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Boredom? Perhaps another way of looking at it is the bod and brain are finding a new balance. The stimulant (?)- alcohol is a chemical which causes stuff to be exaggerated. Emotions (good or bad), thoughts. 'Normal' does not seem to make the grade because it does not seem normal. Takes time and patience.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Yes, the "Three P's" from SMART Recovery: Practice, Patience, and Persistence......Speaking of which, I've got a drum lesson this evening! Much better than going to the bar!
Old 03-02-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

What is your fav. warm up song/rhythm, Purp?
Old 03-02-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Good question, Phoenix! I have no idea! Lol Sometimes I use a warm up exercise that's on Youtube....I also love to watch the Godsmack drum battle to prep....but it's totally intimidating at the same time! But as the quote goes, "Don't compare your chapter one to someone else's chapter twenty"
Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hello there ~ checking in. Tired but sober here on day 15.

Today I received an e-mail from a colleague that I met back east a few weeks ago. She was so nice! That night, we ended up hanging out with four other women in someone's room at the Ritz-Carlton. We were drinking wine from Angelina Jolie's vineyard France supposedly....it was good....but of course I had too much and made an ass of myself towards the end of the evening.

I told her today how sorry I was that I took leave to my senses. I thought I was so funny that night....and I look back now and think....jeez Lillian, you were monumentally stupid. At 2 am the hotel manager came to the door to tell us to shut up, and that's when someone mentioned it was me being loud. So weird, because I am usually quiet as a mouse.

Put this in the Drinking is Dumb file.

I'll take being bored over being embarrassing to others.

Nite' All,
Me
Old 03-03-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that, Lillian. That is totally me....one of the "quiet" ones until I start drinking ~ then you can't shut me up!

My apologies for such a bratty outburst yesterday.....clearly my issues are self-inflicted for being such a drunken moron for so many years. Whatever people may say about me, I probably deserve it. I need to keep my rampages limited to the journal instead of taking it out on you guys

Anyway, it is Friday here! I'd better keep moving forward! Thanks everyone for being so awesome and I'll talk to you a little later!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:00 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Ranting is best shared. Put on paper and kept to yourself- okay (I do)- but for support, feedback and just plain venting- rant away Purp.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Sorry for lurkin' for the last few. I've been a bad boy. I just don't know why it is that when I drink I don't post. That's so dumb!!! Because when I post I don't drink.

I think I've started using the fact that I haven't drank to excess in my last few relapses as an excuse to drink!!! Maybe I'm not committed enough, I dunno'.

Well I'm on a new day 2 now. With a new strategy. I've started writing articles about drinking using what I've learned over the last years as the basis. Maybe I'll put them on a blog in the future. I'll see.

Have a good Friday and a great weekend everybody.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Same to you BBG
Old 03-03-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Morning all. Feeling anxious and preoccupied with health stuff. Nothing really going on to make me worried. Just the not knowing if there is something going on...so every little twinge here and there makes me jump. Going to make that cardiology appointment today. Hopefully it won't be too long before they can see me. At the very least it will help ease my mind. Sorry if I'm not posting much. Just very preoccupied the last couple of days.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

CH- for obvious reasons, after my burns- my physical health was a priority. I was terrified I was damaged as much internally as on the outside bits. In the end though, the angst of NOT knowing was crap. Knowing meant I had info on what to do. I did the works- heart, liver, kidneys, bowel, prostate and brain. With apologies to any bits I missed out.
Good for you for committing.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Yes. The not knowing. It IS crap. Appointment is set for March 14th. That's one day before I lost my job last year, and three days before I joined this class. This last year held a lot of ups and downs. I'm approaching this year with a determination to put my health first, which automatically puts sobriety at the top. So, take that AV.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Yep- take that! (batman) WHAM! KERPLOW!
Old 03-03-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Purple - what bratty outburst? I thought you behaved like a lady all day.

Lillian - I'm on step 4 right now. It's painful dredging up old behaviors. I have so many embarrassing or just outright sad moments. But we are moving on!

MITA- Good morning. Hope out west is being nice to you.

BBG - Hey! I'd love to read your articles sometime.

CH - hugs and prayers. Man - we've all come a long way since last year. You lost your job, had shoulder surgery, got a new job, recovered from shoulder surgery. Holy cow. These concerns will be past you soon.

Samantha - Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Upstairs - hey! Have a great day!

Phx - holy cow. Your jokes on the 24 hour thread are dreadful. Great way to wake up - thanks. Have sweet, sober dreams.

Here's wishing everyone a fantastic Friday!! (like the alliteration?)

Um, if you haven't checked in - do so. We worry you know.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Happy Friday all! It's going to be a nice 80 degrees today. Yay for shorts, open windows and the kids playing outside!! I think I still have a pitcher somewhere around here so maybe some sun tea as well.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

I think I should probably change my sobriety date. I was thinking about it last night and we didn't stop drinking until about 2am on New Year's Day. Dang I should have done it yesterday then I could have celebrated day 60 twice 😝
Old 03-03-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I think I should probably change my sobriety date. I was thinking about it last night and we didn't stop drinking until about 2am on New Year's Day. Dang I should have done it yesterday then I could have celebrated day 60 twice 😝
It's a cool sobriety date. You one-upped New Year's Resolutions in my opinion.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

TGIF Marchers! It was 80F here Wed. It was actually snowing here today and high in the 40s and 50s this weekend. Crazy weather. My cheap stationary bike came in the mail yesterday in a box too small for my liking. Small boxes mean lots and lots of parts. I hope it lasts six months. I'd have spent more but I have blown a lot already on exercise equipment of late. I reckon I could be indulging myself in worse habits! I hope you guys post a bunch this weekend. I enjoy the reading. Take care!
Old 03-03-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Back to Day 1. Sigh. I hate this disease. Not giving up. I learned something from this last slip. Going to stay close to SR and my recovery friends. Love you all.