Notices

Class of March 2016 part 42

Old 03-04-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Hola Marchers! Finished my workout for today. Anyways, while I was toiling away on my rower I was thinking "hey, I bet that galley slave drum beat would make this experience even more memorable" so I looked it up on YouTube. Sure enough, several videos are on there
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ax7wcShvrus

I bet Purps could play that beat! Maybe send me a tape.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I really cannot do this alone and am so grateful for you all. Day 2 and feeling much better today.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:50 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I really cannot do this alone and am so grateful for you all. Day 2 and feeling much better today.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
I'm on day 4 LB. And I feel the same as you. So thankful for this group!!! Hang in there. We'll do this.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I am so bored. I'm ready for my husband to come home.

Last night he was out at a bar with coworkers and I was stuck at home bored again so I painted a table. I bought some chalk paint right after he left so I busted it out and painted an entryway table. I'll finish the painting off tonight after the kids go to bed and tomorrow I get to play with the clear and black waxs. It's taken about a year for me to finally take the plunge into chalk paint world. It's not even done yet and already has transformed the room!
Old 03-04-2017, 01:14 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

LOL Upstairs.....Don't get me started on videos with drummers!

CH I know just how you feel....I hate asking for help too. Like I'm a glutton for punishment or something!

So glad to see you all today....hanging in there.....laundry day & some journaling little by little ~ so far it's from memory ~ I haven't even cracked open the angry scribbled journal entries yet! I'm scared!
Old 03-04-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

PR I love projects like that....it can be quite therapeutic too!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I was just looking over some notes......(Speaking of not wanting to ask for help, check out #3....go figure!)

Five Rules of Recovery:
1. Change your life
2. Be completely honest
3. Ask for help
4. Practice self-care
5. Don't bend the rules
Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Just got home. Had a nice couple days away...ate too much and spent too much but did it all without a hangover so not complaining!! I was thinking back today to the day I joined SR almost a year ago and found all of you - I had just gotten back from another trip and had spent the entire last day sick as a dog, in bed, ashamed and hating myself...this year hasn't been perfect but I still am such a different person and that has a lot to do with you guys. Love you very much and so so grateful! ❤
Old 03-04-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Oh P.S. - I also made it to the hotel gym while I was away (I actually surpassed 35,000 steps yesterday) - something I have never done before because mornings weren't really my thing...
Old 03-04-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Proud as punch for ya' Sam!!!
Old 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Proud as punch for ya' Sam!!!
------------->>>
Old 03-04-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

It's BBT time folks. See ya' in the mornin'.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Well I am steeping some startin' fluid and preparing to face the day. Getting back into a routine is good for me but I feel sleepy....

Not too sure what the day holds but it will involve some sort of weird, new tea at the end of it

Well off to face the day - happy Sunday friends....let's make it an alcohol-free week!!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:25 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Hi all. Finished 2 more mp's. Lots of thought and sketches. One is a black and white- canvas. I wandered past the Supreme Court building a few months ago. Very Roman- marble pillars, marble entrance way. High porch ceiling. All white. Lying horizontally across the top of the stairs was a homeless guy- asleep. I did not photo him out of respect. I hope my pic does him justice. Tried to use lap-t to digitise it- but I suspect it has a corrupting virus on it- everytime I turn it on- it does less. I use the unit's computer for this stuff.
Watching LGBTI Mardi Gras. Some very happy and silly people. Good for anyone.
Apart from the obvious sexuality component- there is a serious sociological side showing change in Aus. When the first 'gay parade' happened in Sydney in 1978- people were arrested, assaulted, abused and spat on. Now it (apparently) is the largest celebration of the gay community world wide. The theme of this year's parade was equality. Gay marriage is not a legally recognised process here. More like an up to date doco- they interlace it with vignette of people's stories and struggles- including first nation, peoples.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

oops- LGBTQI. Trying to show respect.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Good mornin' Marchers. Great Sunday mornin' here. I'm sippin' startin' fluid and planning out my day. Don't what it holds yet but beer will not be a part of it.

I hope all of you are having a great weekend!
Old 03-05-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!!

Day 3. Startin' fluid tastes so much better without a hangover Going to church this morning and then an AA meeting this afternoon. Not sure what else will be thrown in ... my daughter wants to work on a new Lego project she got for her bday so maybe we'll try to tackle that. Ahhh, patience please

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday!
Old 03-05-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Good morning! About 630am here and just getting out of bed. Had a busy day yesterday, which was good. The weekends are still tough some times but I'm doing okay right now. I've got a few activities lined up for the morning, then diner with some friends this evening. Should all be good.

Sounds like you've got some plans, too, LB. I still feel a little guilty when I miss church on Sunday!! Maybe I can find some kind of service to watch on TV this afternoon. There must be church on the internet!

Have a great day everyone
Old 03-05-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Morning! Family coming over soon for cupcakes for my 21 year old daughter! Hope everyone has a great day. Can't wait to see your mp's Phoenix.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I just made a quick trip to the grocery. Gave the liquor isle the ole Casey salute! I sure miss Casey. Hope he's ok!!!