Notices

Class of March 2016 part 42

Old 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I did manage to get a cat nap - that was good. Made it to the gym after work, too!

B- good news for you and your son. Sounds like a good start.

I hear those drummers are big trouble.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Checking in. The upside down, topsy turvey days have ended and I am starting three glorious days off...still fighting the headache from hell and some pretty grumpy feelings but it will soon be bedtime and then a new day starts...I love new days

Hi Kiki and MITA!!

LG - hope your day turned out great...even in a monkey suit

LB - 14 days!! Woot!! Ride out the rollercoaster...if I have learned anything it's that the meh times pass if you just wait...

Bobbie - I second the nap idea! We have a big Google building here and they have sleep pods for their employees.....seems smart

PJ - "stupid head"....ditto

Purplrks - love the shirt!!

Well I am off to find my PJ's....so excited to sleep in my own bed
Old 02-22-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Purp - love it! I always had a thing for bass players
Old 02-22-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Sam- complaining to every one about your headache will help. The guy who delivers mail, your neighbours- if they are not at home, make a note of when they get home so you do not spoil your complain. Then branch out and talk to strangers- but not randomly- select them carefully. In the supermarket- no one near toilets or those who linger in fruit/veg or where undies are sold. The gourmet cheese section is a good bet.

Purp- technically you cannot wear that tee shirt- because you are the drummer. We should all be wearing it in support of you.

Just finished first counselling session- with the new guy (tng). Where they tell me what their expectations are and we agree on a contractual goal setting plan.
I told him what my expectations and objectives were. 90 minutes later- he said I have it nailed, am very serious about it all and see me next week. No time wasters, please- is my thought- down to business, not a sob fest.
That's all folks....
Old 02-22-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post

LG - Everyone has their ages they enjoy more than others. Even though the work was backbreaking, I enjoyed it when DD was bitty, and even the stressful toddler stages. Age 5-8 was NOT my favorite...even compared to the Testing Twos, Terrible Threes, and Ferocious Fours (I renamed them, lol). So far I'm enjoying the tween years
My mom used to say "Terrible Two's, Trying Three's and Four so bad they don't have a name for it."

Those days are fond memories for me, except for the no sleeping part. Ah kids
Old 02-22-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sam- complaining to every one about your headache will help. The guy who delivers mail, your neighbours- if they are not at home, make a note of when they get home so you do not spoil your complain. Then branch out and talk to strangers- but not randomly- select them carefully. In the supermarket- no one near toilets or those who linger in fruit/veg or where undies are sold. The gourmet cheese section is a good bet.

Purp- technically you cannot wear that tee shirt- because you are the drummer. We should all be wearing it in support of you.

Just finished first counselling session- with the new guy (tng). Where they tell me what their expectations are and we agree on a contractual goal setting plan.
I told him what my expectations and objectives were. 90 minutes later- he said I have it nailed, am very serious about it all and see me next week. No time wasters, please- is my thought- down to business, not a sob fest.
That's all folks....
PJ, your sense of humor is a beautiful thing.

Sounds like you did great in your session. That's awesome. Most people likely aren't that clear and it probably delays their progress.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

LG- thankyou. I am very serious- literally deadly serious about this. I HAVE to do it with every fibre of my being.
Take care.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Checkin' in tonight. Went to work and it was awful. Have a difficult client. I was verbally abused for about an hour and half. I know she has a friend who is a competitor and she is trying to get rid of me.

Meh. Bring it.

Still, it's so unfair. My head is buzzing.

So...no wine. Instead, I'll have some tea. I'm outta the monkey suit and in some comfortable PJ's. Deep breaths.

It's hard to learn to relax without alcohol. But it can be done, yes? People do it all the time. I got this.

Love to you all ~ I hope you guys hadagoodday.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Night y'all! Love you!
Old 02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
My mom used to say "Terrible Two's, Trying Three's and Four so bad they don't have a name for it."
Oh yes they do it the "mother $&!?en fours" and it fits!!! I'm deep in terrible twos right now.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Doing my 'homework'. What I do, see- is put on a doco,TV,music for company- then ghost SR while ploughing through the disaster that was me. I am half watching 'Becker'. I am him- but a bit nicer and funnier and never rude. The bit about how he thinks of himself.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, sorry to say I slipped again last night. I don't have a good explanation for it. I need to drastically change EVERYTHING I'm doing & go back to what I was doing when I stayed sober from 2008-2014. I wasn't on SR during that time so I've decided to take an indefinite break from here again and focus on AA (1-2 meetings per day, reading the AA literature, working the heck out of the steps, praying, meditation and keeping it simple.)

I won't be gone forever just until I get some traction. I'll be praying for each and every one of you and I'll never give up!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Sooooo.....I'm changing everything!

Love you guys.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

KK- you will be missed. I do not understand why SR hinders your sobriety, but I am not you. Respect and empathy to you. Post (of course) if you want to. Stay safe. Do not drink- it made my life a living death, so I know it just makes stuff worse. Take care of yourself. PJ
Old 02-23-2017, 02:28 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think whatever path you choose Kiki not drinking and reaching out for support before you drink have to be your constant companions on the journey.

Wishing you the best

D
Old 02-23-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hugs, Kiki ~ of course I don't want you to go, but do what's best for Kiki. Don't be gone too long, ya hear?!?

Lillian I wish all of these difficult jerks in the world would just disappear already.....they're all insecure bullies ~ So you must be doing something right!

You guys are so funny! Thanks everyone for your infinite friendship & support

I don't know about disciplining children since I don't have kids, but when we were little my smartass Dad used to offer our punishment before we even started acting up ~ he'd park the car and say "You guys want your spankings now, or in the restaurant in front of everyone???"
Old 02-23-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Mornin' gang.

Kiki I sure hate to see you go! But you know what's best for you. I'll miss you.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Morning!

Kiki - we are here when you need us. Take good care of yourself. ❤❤

Well starting the day with a run and some startin' fluid...and probably not in that order.

PJ - i took your advice and told everyone about my headache...even the neighbourhood stray cat...and you know what?!! It worked!! Headache annihilated!! Thanks cat!!

Well off to start the day!!
Old 02-23-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Got up extra early (for me) and took my dog to get neutered. My husband wouldn't do it. lol I just dropped him off. My husband is picking him up. He was so excited to see all the other dogs - the goof.

Have a great day everyone. Will get settled here at work and talk to you all in a bit!

Go be awesome today!!!!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

B- so many opportunities re your pooch for puns. Will not- because their will be pain for the dog. Hope all goes okay.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Poor pup Bobbie. When Charlie got spayed the vet was the easy part...wearing the cone afterwards that took some patience. Lol.

Well I have decided to say screw the housework and I am out shopping for a....wait for it....SPRING jacket!! It is sunny and amazing and just plain old gorgeous out here!! The naysayers are calling for more snow before the end of winter but I don't care...just going to enjoy today.

Also just ordered my first Matcha Tea - maple flavour (I know a little funny) and it is so yummy!