View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Pebbles128

Hi all...
Car wasn't ready but I had to take it from mechanic to go see new GC in NICU & see my other GC during a supervised visit with mother at social service office. On my trip down (80 miles) NICU calls me to say GC had "cardiac episode". Get there, he looks fine but being transporting to Boston. Hold him waiting for transport team. Call social worker & beg to wait 15 minutes due to the emergency. Hop back in car & drive to office. Get to see GC for 5 minutes. Good news is I can take him unsupervised for my visit next week. Take daughter to lunch to tell her what's happening with her newborn son. She seems OK. Ask her if she wants to go into Boston with me. No, she'll wait. Hmmmm (her & paternal GPs live 5 miles from 1st hospital & I think visited 3x) So off I go to Boston, picked up a friend along the way. Baby is settled in. I snuggle & feed him. Back to friends house to sleep. 2 more "episodes" during the night. Leave at 5a to get back up here to drop car off with mechanic & do SOMETHING with this house. Was supposed to start foster care classes this weekend....Cardiac team meeting today...they'll call me later with update.

Sure couldn't do all this while drinking! Hope all is well with everyone!