Notices

Class of March 2016 part 38

Old 01-08-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

I need a new book. Otherwise I will go back to good old Harry Potter.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

He seems to be feeling better. He's at least keeping everything down now.

Speaking of concerts hubby and I went and saw Culture Club back in November. It was awesome!!! Boy George even commented on his sobriety.

I am sleeping in my own bed tonight and I am counting the minutes until I can get in it!
Old 01-08-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  

I bought the Sorcerers Stone for my kids for Christmas. We go back to school tomorrow and I think we will start reading it.
Old 01-08-2017, 06:43 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

PR I hear ya - I can't stand sleeping in any of my kids beds. I love our pillow top and down blanket! Unfortunately so do my kids, hahaha!

Everyone get some good rest!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Closing out day 7. Thank you for keeping me sober this week. I haven't had 7 consecutive days in some time. I'm remembering how much I like being sober, so I'm looking forward to continuing forward. Love you all. Sweet dreams to those heading into the overnight hours; good day to those down under.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Morning. On my way to work this morning. Hoping for a productive and a short day. Wishing you all an amazing Monday!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Hey guys, sorry my AV sneaked up on me yesterday & I didn't play the tape through. Guess I need to work on that plan! Dusting myself off & getting back up - will check in later
Old 01-09-2017, 06:04 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Purple - glad to see you back so soon

Slept awful last night. My cough came back just in time to keep me up most of the night. I had a few restful hours, but that's it. I feel okay right now, but know I'll be very tired soon. I'll have to be careful today. I'll check in again as I leave work tonight and when I get home so AV doesn't have a chance to sneak in.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Good morning!

I finished Girl Walks Out of a Bar yesterday. I felt like I was watching a train wreck. Oh yeah, I was. It was my life. I related to this book more than all of the other memoirs. Our drinking progressed in exactly the same manner. There was a point in the book, she doesn't make it to the hospital after her brother's wife had their first baby. She was drinking. I did this. Same thing. Couldn't stop drinking long enough to make it to baby showers, scheduled events. I just told people I didn't feel well. My dad was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. I made it there once for about 20 minutes.

I can never forget how bad it got. I can never forget how bad I was. I can never drink again, NO MATTER WHAT.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Old 01-09-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good afternoon I hope everyone is doing well. I have to look but I think my last drink was dec 16th. My birthday was on new years and I am proud I didn't drink. It's a nice feeling thinking I have not had a drink this year. I have been so busy I'll try and catch up soon.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hey all. Well I just wrote this post and it disappeared...second try...

On my way home from work. It was an exhausting and overwhelming day...you know the kind of day where you go in with a plan and clear objectives for what needs to be accomplished and yet not one thing on the list gets crossed off...blah.
I just stoped and got a tea - Snow Day today...which is rather fitting as we are expecting 15-20 centimetres of the fluffy white stuff tonight.

Keets - congrats and good to see you!!

Purplrks - glad you're here today my friend ❤

Bobbie - I really like the person you are. Hugs ❤

CH - hoping you finally get some much needed rest. And glad you're sticking close...exhaustion is a great vessel for the old AV

My plan for tonight is just checking in here and maybe a winter walk with Charlie.

It's kind of quiet in here...how is everyone? Lets see some hands...
Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

PJ my friend - how are you?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I'm leaving work. Very tired. Very crabby. Irritating day at work. I'm in the danger zone for sure. Going to listen to RE podcast on the way home. I'll check in again when I get home. No stops except to pick up the kiddo. I won't regret not drinking, but certainly will regret it if I do.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been gone and I have some catching up to do. I've been struggling off and on and have been ill, still fighting this darn sinus infection and now have a stomach bug and my son does too. Afraid to ask my parents for help because my house and myself look like a disaster. Ugh I have to get my act together. At least my son's father is doing ok and is helping me quite a bit because I am too sick to care for a toddler. I miss you all. I'm here, I'll be ok. I'm on another round of antibiotics.
Xoxox
Old 01-09-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Hi Jemma!! So happy you're here!! ❤❤ Sorry you're so ill...something nasty seems to be making the rounds. Hopefuly the new antibiotics kick in soon. Take care of yourself - you've been missed ❤
Old 01-09-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Administrator

What does your plan look like purplrks. Maybe we can help you build a better one?

Sorry you're ill Jemma - I'd ask your folks for help anyway - you're ill, noone expects a show home?

D
Old 01-09-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Well folks - I am getting ready for bed and feeling exhausted....hoping that translates into a good nights sleep. No melatonin tonight as it doesn't seem to do anything except make me groggy in the morning. Fingers crossed.

I am very grateful to be sober tonight.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Home and fed and feeling better. The roads were terrible...very icy. It took me nearly two hours to get home. That was actually a good thing though. It made me concentrate on driving and taking my time over anything else and the irritability and urge to drink fell away. I also got in two podcasts. Two hours until DD's bedtime, and I can try for a better night's sleep.

Sam - I can't take anything for sleep. Melatonin leaves me groggy too. Even the nighttime cough/cold medicine I took Saturday (alcohol free! ) left me with that groggy hung over feeling the next day. Looks like I have to learn how to sleep on my own again (sick or well)....with the help of a hot shower before bed and some lavender!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Jemma - sorry you're sick. It's going around and it's nasty. Sorry you're struggling too. Good to see you! Stick around