Notices

Class of December 2016 Support Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Ha! Thanks Dee.

I was intrigued by something that you just said in reply to WLV2825 and in BringngBackB's response as well - all about recovery times from sessions.

You said that 'by the end it was most of a week' but you both mentioned 2-3 days as typical for most of your drinking.

I would say that it has been a most of week for me for a long time now - at least a few years. My sessions have been less frequent and less heavy but the recovery time has continued to edge out. I am functional after 24 hours but feel lousy and very anxious for days afterwards.

Brings me to think that maybe the overall toll on my system has been a bit more serious than perhaps I have allowed myself to believe.

I am finding this second week of sobriety to be quite confronting and raw. A clearing head and clearing vision is revealing some uncomfortable truths about health, behaviour, wasted time, money and chances etc. That must be an inevitable part of this process of course and it is irrefutable evidence that change is happening, albeit the early stages.

I am going to look on my discomfort as a positive indicator that I am starting to get real about things. I am not enjoying it much but I am going to try really hard to welcome it as progress.

Day 10 for me. I would have given my right arm for 10 days behind me when I signed up here so I am grateful for that indeed.

Thanks to all for continued contributions including those that have slipped up and told their difficult tales of relapse. These are really some of the most helpful contributions. They are helping me fend off complacency. By sharing your struggle you are really helping me, so thank you. I wish you every strength in your own lives.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:44 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  
Administrator

10 days is great sameoldsameold - and altho it may take a while you will feel good again

D
Old 12-14-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Hello all. I'm on day 2 my longest streak was 7 months and gave In. I'm ready to feel good again and let go of this anxiety. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Ghost Face
do you have a plan for this time?

D
Old 12-14-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

hi GF
Old 12-14-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Day 3

Day 3 and excited to not be hung over! I went to a holiday gathering last night and surely would have been feeling the pain and shame today.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

More NEW Faces daily! That's GREAT! There is strength in numbers. Had to dash out the door this morning for work so just now catching up.

Day 11 here but have come a long way. I really doubted myself on Day 1 but feeling stronger every day. Lots of inspiration here at SR if you look for it!

Everyone have a GREAT SOBER DAY!
Old 12-14-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Beginning day 2! Yesterday wasn't easy, but in so glad I made it through without drinking. Today I'm focusing on hydrating, exercise and just not drinking. Being at work all day certainly helps. After work is usually where I struggle.

I will make it one more day!! December is our month. 😆
Old 12-14-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Ghostface - welcome Fellow Hip Hop fan by any chance?

Quitter & Chloe - Guess what... I had a good trawl through the huge local supermarket this morning and found they do indeed stock root beer! Its their own brand (not A&W or anything) so who knows what it will taste like, but I've bought some!

I've been having some very strange dreams lately... For the last 2 nights in a row I've had this dream where I was drinking. It felt so real. Words cannot describe how relieved I was this morning when I realised it wasn't.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Happy hump day all. I always have drinking dreams after stopping BBB. I totally relate how relieved I am to wake up after ...not hungover and realize it was just a dream (nightmare really) Day 14. 2 weeks. Yay! I saw Office Christmas Party last night. Hilarious! Stay strong all!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me... this thread was recommended to me so just checking it out.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Welcome Mblake!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

This is day one for me as well. I am hopeful but uncomfortable in my skin a little bit today
Old 12-14-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome all you new Classmates! Glad you are here!
And, Hello! to all my 'buddies' who have been with me since Day 1.
Thanks, guys! ♡CR
Old 12-14-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Day 1 is tough. You will likely doubt yourself. Make a 24 hour pledge to stay sober and then when you accomplish that goal do it AGAIN, then AGAIN.....before you know it your confidence will build. You'll soon start to feel better and you will realize that you DO have a chance to live a sober life.

Celebrate each small victory and soak up all the stories good and bad and take what you can get from each one to WIN!

I know I am only on Day 11 but at Day 1 I really never dreamed I'd be here today. You can bet I celebrated a LOT of small victories along the way. They start to ADD UP!
Old 12-14-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I'm more worried about tomorrow. The second day is always the worst for me... I never get past the second, but I'm so sick today from last night's damage maybe I won't miss it! Fingers crossed.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hey all. I have been here before, but it has been a while. Today is my new day one. I'm struggling through it. Just made a nice cup of hot tea to take my mind off everything. This is about the time I would start drinking and not stop until bed. I'll be checking in here a few times throughout the evening. Hopefully I don't overpost, I'm just like all of you looking for support.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Just checking in. I barely slept last night. On day 3 and had a pretty good day. The addictive voice is definitely there but I recognize it and fight it.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Company Christmas party tonight. I am still so ashamed about yesterday (this is my first day) I will not even be tempted to drink anything. Normally of course I would overdue it tonight.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hang in there everybody!

Someone posted something on here, not sure exactly how it went but:

If you DO DRINK tonight you will wake up tomorrow and wish you hadn't!

If you DO NOT DRINK tonight you won't wake up tomorrow and wish you had!

Christmas Choir Concert tonight with our Beautiful 16 y/o(tomorrow) Granddaughter who is living with us for now. Gonna be a GREAT, FUN, SOBER, FAMILY Night! Hang in there classmates, especially the newcomers! You can do it!!!!!