Notices

Class of December 2016 Support Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

(((Sadsadgirl))) You sound ready and determined! Hang in there and rest up.

And Hi everyone! I hope you don't mind me jumping in mid-month. I'm on day 15 today. My longest run of sobriety was 219 days about a year ago. I've had too many day ones since then. I can honestly say it was the most amazing time of my life. And I attribute a lot of that succes to joining and getting support from an incredible class on here (shout out to Octsobers 2014!).
I'm in the midst of the morning rush, so I've gotta run. I'm really looking forward to walking through this journey with you all!
Huge hugs all around. It really does get better with every step forward.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Good Morning
Another clean day for me - great reading all the progress people are making on here!!
Old 12-16-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome conquest

D
Old 12-16-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Chloe-we are off to ent doc to get the 3rd one out that the local doctor couldn't grab. She's not in any pain so it's actually quite funny. 😊

Hope everyone is doing well today! I'm ready to conquer day 3! 👐
Old 12-16-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good Morning all! 8:30am but the dogs are still getting me up at 0430 like usual. More newcomers daily, welcome to all!

Day 13 here and feeling great! Wife's Birthday today and we are babysitting our 1 year old granddaughter. COLD day again and windy.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
I am on day 3 and only made it this far by reading this forum for the last 30 hours out of 50 or so. I have been terrified to join for fear of failure but realised this morning (as my husband so eloquently puts it)
"Honey - either have a dump or get off the bog".
Sorry a bit gross I know but its the only thing thats made me smile today. I'm off work with the "flu" which is really a hangover that lasted Mon/Tue and then detox Wed through today.
Thank you for the strength I have found here.
L&R
Old 12-16-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Welcome to SR flg, glad to have you with us, and congrats on your 3 days
Old 12-16-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that sad girl. You're back here which is great.

Sorry to hear you're feeling bad sulfuric. Great stuff you got through the cravings last night

BBB I was reading that too about it being mad Friday in the UK tonight. Least we'll wake up sober and not have a wasted weekend.

Happy sober Friday classmates.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:49 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Welcome conquest and f l g and anyone else apologies if I've missed. This thread is so fast moving which is great.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

hi flg1412, I am on day 3 too. Yesterday sucked bad, today seems better. Keep checking in on this December 2016 group, I know I will be
Old 12-16-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hello all! Welcome Conquest and flg! On day 16. It's the weekend..stay close and stay strong!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Flg- Your husband's quote cracked me up! Down here in Texas, we say "Pee or get off the pot!" Lol Good for you to take some time to focus on rehydrating and resting.

Speaking of resting, I think a quick nap is in order. Have y'all talked about HALT (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired)? All four are triggers for me. Taking care of each makes a huge difference. Keep at it everyone!
Old 12-16-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

I'm terrible at this sobriety thing. After 18 days without alcohol, I drank for 6 days. Back to day 1, again. *sigh*
Old 12-16-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Too late for me to join December?

I'm 50 lbs over weight (not sure how much due to alcohol tho as this summer was diagnosed with Hashimotos and now am pre diabetic too). Almost wonder if I should just set my sights on Jan 1 as my in laws are all huge drinkers and we do Christmas Eve every year at their house. My mother in law knows my struggle, but honestly I wonder if she is a closet alcoholic herself...so I know the wine will be there in huge proportions.

But how I hate feeling hung over...how I hate the wasted days...would be nice to be sober on my 43rd bday and at least a few lbs thinner!

QUOTE=sameoldsameold;6247362]Thanks Ready At Last.

I think that drinking has occupied a lot of my head space over the years, either anticipation of a session, trying to preempt things or getting through the aftermath.

Although it has been common for me to go typically 4-5 days without drinking over the years, that has never been nearly enough time to have a settled, sober brain. When I get up around the 10 days sober mark, I have enough room inside me to think and to feel about other things. This can be pleasant or tough in equal measure and alternates in quick succession between the two.

I am under no illusions about which is the better place to be in though.

I have set myself a little goal for the Christmas period. I am about 18 lbs overweight. Most (if not all) of that is directly attributable to alcohol or the dreadful food which, in my case, tends to accompany it. I have planned some exercise every day over the holiday and my goal is to achieve a small weight loss between now and 4th Jan. I don't mind if it is tiny - a pound or two, even! But, to come back after Christmas slightly trimmer and healthier than before would be a total and utter reversal of previous years. I think it would really plant a flag for where I want to go with my physical health.

It will also give me something concrete to occupy my mind rather than just focusing on NOT drinking.

Best wishes to everyone and welcome to the newbies. Thanks for reading.

Day 12 now by the way![/QUOTE]
Old 12-16-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hi, Hopedeferred! The physical benefits are golden, every little one. Some days, it's really hard to get the umph to get up and go, but I always feel better after a walk. What's your exercise of choice?

Hey everybody! I saw this article and thought I'd share. It's got some good self-care reminders.
Combat Depression and Anxiety With These Positive Power Tools | Live Happy Magazine
Old 12-16-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Happy to be a part of the December class!
Old 12-17-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Morning class. Onto day 13 here. It sure feels good to be waking up without that hangover. I can go about my day, which is looking quite busy, guilt and regret free.

B
Old 12-17-2016, 01:59 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Happy sober Saturday!
Old 12-17-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

HI all,
Checking in. I know SR works for me when I get connected to a class...so I will continue to post. I'm glad to meet every one and some names I recognize.
I had to talk with my daughter last night, which was s always s brutal. She can be my biggest fan but when I drink she's my arch enemy!! It will take time to build up trust again. That's part of the consequences of choosing to drink. I know that but I hate it!!
Anyway...lots to do today with the holidays next week. I wish you all a sober Saturday. I will check in later. Hugs to all xo
Old 12-17-2016, 02:43 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome lovehoops flg and hopedeferred & welcome back soberlifeforme.

I don't think you're terrible at this sobriety thing - maybe you just need a better plan?

How have you been trying to stay sober so far?