Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Well that didn't work. Readjusting and jumping back in. Hope everyone else does better than I did.
Old 11-01-2016, 10:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Day 3. Had two months sober and four months of periodic drinking. Doing this again and hoping I had my las day 1. Wenot this. I want to drink, sure. But I am learning that I want to be sober more than I want to drink. Slow going but worthwhile.
Old 11-01-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome sath and keeppushing

If you don't want to drink - you don't have to - come here first

D
Old 11-01-2016, 11:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

HI all - I'm Kelly - day 1 for me (yet again!) but feeling positive about quitting for good and glad to be here xx
Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

OnlyTL- me, marriage, life career? Save? Me- the doctors managed to save me on the 4th go. Marriage- gone. Career- gone. Life- am rebuilding- alone. To my adult sons I am a leper. I lost everything. Food for thought. I do not ask for, want or need sympathy. Perhaps you can learn from my mistakes.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kelly - and thanks for sticking with us here PJ.

Inspirational stuff, man

D
Old 11-02-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Beginning day 3 here, really struggling with the fatigue. Woke up early hoping to start getting back into working out and just laid back down. Anxiety has lessened though. Let's do this day 3!
Old 11-02-2016, 01:44 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Joined this today because I have to keep certain things in my head at all times.
1. Acceptance of who I am and what I am.
2. Don't deny it to myself.
3. I am an alcoholic
4. I don't want to drink ever again.
Simple ideas at this stage
Old 11-02-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SWH1959

congrats on day 3 imsooverthis!

D
Old 11-02-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning and congrats to everyone for another day! Just woke up and starting day 2 today. Night sweats, weird dreams and lots of wide eyed anxiety last night. Mostly beating myself up about relapsing, coupled with a fear of the future and it happening again someday. But, I know I need to shed those thoughts and get positive. Let's do this thing guys.
Old 11-02-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi All, I just wanted to drop by and welcome you all,. I am from the April class, just over 7 months today and it really does get better and better, SR is my main support and I visit daily. I am wishing you all the best on your journey of a healthier life
Old 11-02-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

SWH- you have just described the steps of the AA bit. Honesty and acceptance is vial. Good for you. Simplicity is far better than turning everything into Watergate.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Bit more positive this morning , think yesterday has hit me hard and shown me this isn't an easy journey and I still haven't even properly started mine yet. Back to one day at a time I think, I was maybe a little complacent and thought I'd already reached the finish line!
Old 11-02-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

great to hear James

D
Old 11-02-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 14 today... The mornings are still the hardest part. Sleep is better but still to short and waking up a lot. I feel so depressed and anxious after waking up, I can't make it out of bed. Everything seems scary to me. My first thought after waking up "need booze!" (my AV seems to be an early bird, I'm not), then I realise I can't have it and it depresses me even more. What reason should I get up for?

I know it's gonna pass (it did the last days) and once I can motivate myself to get up and eat it should be just fine. But taking that step is not easy. I know it's silly.

Might attend my first AA meeting tonight, although I'm a bit sceptical about their approach and very, very nervous about going.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Kev- the eating part makes a big difference to me- you know the HALTS bit?
AA meetings made me wary- because of the stereotypical stories I heard of them. Turned out to be just good people trying to do good things for other people who are suffering. I hope you do go to an AA meeting, it can be such a valuable resource.
Old 11-02-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks kevlarsjal

D
Old 11-02-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I think I've seen the term somewhere on here, I think it was something like checking whether you're hungry, tired, lonely (and obviously two more things I can't remember) to see if any of that may cause a craving? Something like that?

The thing that makes me nervous about AA is that I already know I won't be good with their steps. I don't want to hand my problem over to a higher power. I don't want to make it anyone's problem. I screwed it, I'll fix it. To me it's clearly my responsibility. And I've heard a bit mixed things about reactions from people at AA when you don't find that the 12 step program works for you. I'm a bit scared they'll be pushy and being pushed makes me give up normally cause I feel like I can't handle the pressure, so I run away. Also I just find it scary to meet that many new faces in one go. But I'll give it a try anyway. Probably just worrying too much again, maybe I'll end up liking it, let's see
Old 11-02-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations on 2 weeks kevlarsjal

D
Thanks Dee! Although I know it's not much, it's such a big milestone for me didn't think I could make it. SR was a huge help. And you posted some (a lot actually) of helpful stuff, that really hit a nerve and made me realise things.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hey all, day 1 for me. I gave this a go last month but really struggled with anxiety and problems with my girlfriend (which were mostly my fault) and fell off the wagon. After blowing up at my brother's friends in a drunken rage last night, my brother is legitimately concerned about me. So I need to stop. He now knows about my drinking problem (told him this morning), and I feel a little relief knowing that someone in my immediate family knows now.

Today it's kind of easy. Tomorrow will be harder. A few days from now, harder still. Might be the hardest thing I ever go through. But also might be the most important and best thing I go through too.