Notices

Class of September 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-03-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Good Day Sept Class!

Day 4 for me and I usually mess up about now, but having the SR support I feel is making a difference this time. Can't wait for one week .. don't remember ever going a week (Wednesday I'll celebrate with a fancy meal).

Came to the realization I have to see a doctor about my thumb besides this brace I'm wearing. Did it drunk 2 weeks ago. No insurance at the moment and will cost $1K-$5K to fix per what I could find online. On my walk this am was thinking about it, did some math in my head. If even $5K, I'll save that in 1 year sober (between cabs, bar tabs, weed and other crap). It's going to be the last money I have to spend on being a dummy

Hope everyone is doing great and has a wonderful day sober! It's beautiful in Atlanta and I am getting to enjoy it verses being hungover in bed
Old 09-03-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

BeFree1971 I'm sorry to hear about your thumb . But I'm glad you sound so upbeat and positive about your sobriety! That's great. SR is really fantastic for support.
So how is everyone else doing today?
It's midday here ... and quite a lovely sunshiny day at that.
I just had a pleasant visit from my special friend Kyle, now I'm having a bite to eat for lunch and this afternoon I'm going to be hard at her unpacking more boxes and cleaning/organizing furniture. Then I think Kyle is coming over for dinner. If Kyle stays I will hang out with him, but if not I am going to hit up an AA meeting. (I've already been to my weekly minimum of meetings ... or I would go regardless of what Kyle does).
Hope everyone is keeping on keeping on!
Old 09-03-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks Windancer
Old 09-03-2016, 10:06 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Can I join so far three days in , I want September to be the first of many sober months
Old 09-03-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm pretty sure you can, countrysidegirl.
I'm sure Dee could tell you for sure though
Old 09-03-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi all! Been a few days since I've logged in, and I don't know why I haven't because they've been some rough ones. I'm still at 25 days sober, but I'm shocked at how strong my AV is at this point. I feel it's worse now than it was a week ago. I finally have a 3 day weekend from work (barely get ANY days off during the year) and feel I can barely enjoy it. I was coping with the alcohol withdrawals with anxiety medication, and ran out 2 days ago.. pharmacy won't refill until Tuesday. I already skipped out on going to a barbecue today even though I had every intention of going.. (went all out with hair and make up even) but when it came time to go panic washed over me like a tidal wave. And I feel like a loser because I wasn't strong enough to keep my anxiety in check. I care way too much what other people think about me, and I wish I could shake it, but I can't. My husband went without me to the bbq, so I'm just here alone and want so badly to go to the liquor store. But I know I'll hate myself if I waste almost a month of sobriety. Anyway, I've been feeling way too sorry for myself lately, and I'm even annoying myself.

I guess the big question is: When on earth does this get easier?
Old 09-03-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I have a fantasy football draft with some friends I haven't seen in years. Gonna be a test but I have to pass it. No choice but to pass it. Have a great Saturday everyone .
Old 09-03-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Alyssa - Don't feel like a loser, we have to make those tough decisions to care for ourselves. Fight the AV. I'm on here before I have to go to a friend's for a BBQ. It's just him and I, but I'm still sweating it. Not sure when it gets easier, these kind of things it's super hard. Please fight the AV, you're doing so good! Sweetheart, hang tight! I just bought some cigs to help and some Red Bull.

Bowski -
Old 09-03-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I think that because alcohol is so socially accepted it can make it harder for us alkies some days.
But it gets easier. I know that ... I have had long stretches of sobriety. Now I just have to quit for the last time.
Keep fighting the good fight everyone!
Old 09-03-2016, 02:04 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

.....plus tests make you stronger.
See, I think it's all in how you look at it.
Old 09-03-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys, anyone can join the group - not need to ask, just start posting!

I'm sorry things are so rough right now Alyssa - the first 30 days were pretty hard for me too but they got easier after that.

Here's some links made of up of the stuff that really helped me:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-recovery.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

and...post post post - this is a support thread - use it for support.

You're not going to bring anyone else down - by helping others we help ourselves too

Congrats on 14 days windancer

D
Old 09-03-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone-

I am on day one again- I went 33 days last year around this time and then went back to drinking and quiting regularly. I'm so tired of this - I get to 7 or 10 days and feel good so I decide to drink and start the clock over again and again and again. Its insanity!

Im hungover and swollen today- eating crap and wasting a gorgeous day wallowing in bed. I dont want to do this anymore..

I have never tried putting a plan together and but I am doing that this time.. I want this time to be the last time I quit and I dont want to write another post saying that I am starting over.

I look forward to taking this journey for the last time with everyone
Old 09-03-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome creative spirit

D
Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Glad you're back, creativespirit9.
Welcome to all the new members of the September '16 class, plenty of room for more
Old 09-03-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Popping in for a quickie post. I'm at work but keep my iPhone and therefore this class close. Alyssa don't be too hard on yourself. Snuggle under a blanket for the entire weekend if you must. Just take care of yourself and adjust to things. You deserve it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Draft with friends went well and I didn't cave in, even though I was offered a drink several times. Feels good to make it through that. It also felt great great making the hour drive home completely sober for the first time.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Good to read so many posts.

@Alyssa11
Don't go thinking you're a loser. It's not necessarily our fault that we're addicted to this stuff. No point giving yourself a hard time.

@Befree1971
That's a great attitude. I'll try and adopt a bit of that perspective in my day today.

Day 11 has arrived. Spent an evening watching American Hustle with some friends. I do not remember it being so funny when I first watched it. I laughed all the way through this time.

I was offered booze but wasn't tempted. They offered a few times too. I was puzzled that they only drank 2 drinks each for the entire 3 hours I was at my friend's house. But it did reinforce the belief that I DO have a drink problem whereas they do not. Two drinks! I'd have had 6 at least and thats before I even got home.

I'm fully aware that I could slip at anytime but I've also become fully aware that if I have so much as one drink, it could be months before I quit again.

Anyway, it's great to wake up sober today and may it be the same for all of you.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Just checking in. End of day 2. Work, aa meeting, sushi with friends- I had a redbull. Feeling very content. I'm ok right now.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'm 7 days sober today and feeling great! Nice to see everyone here! Let's keep pushing forward. We got this!
Old 09-03-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Day 6 is drawing to a close here on the west coast. It was a hard day. I got really pissed at someone and a situation
I had no control over. So off to the liquor store I went and bought a lottery ticket and a fifth of Vodka that I thought I would polish off tonight.
Well I am glad to say I bought the cheap Vodka so it did not kill me to pour it down the sink.... Anger is a trigger for me. Must be careful with that one.

Night to you all

asixstringnut