Notices

Class of March 2016 part 29

Old 08-24-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

I'm driving through Tennessee headed to Los Angeles. I won't be home till Sunday :-(
Old 08-24-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Good morning class! Day 5. I slept MUCH better last night. I found an OTC sleep aid that is a bit more mild than others for me, though I do still wake up a bit groggy. Better than hungover, that's for sure! And I've added a magnesium supplement to help counter act the restless leg stuff that OTC sleep products tend to trigger. So far so good. Knock on wood!

I'm still floored at how much I am relating to Smashed. It's spooky.
Good morning clearly headed congratulations on day 5. Same way with me and the book blackout by Sarah hepola, even though it was the woman's perspective of it all I could relate on the blackouts. She talked about waking up in hotels with strange guys sometimes because of my drinking I was that strange guy . :-( not proud of it. I really am enjoying this sobriety though
Old 08-24-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Morning beautiful people! Day 48.

I haven't had time to catch up on the posts but will this afternoon. I'm at the doctor with my daughter, then an AA meeting before my afternoon carpool duties start. How did I ever have time to drink???

I hope you all have a great day. Xo
Old 08-24-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Good morning, My Favorite People!

Kayak, not trying to be mean (maybe a little) Applekat is younger than your oldest baby. (not far from my oldest, actually).

Have a great, sober Wednesday!

I love you guys!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Good morning, My Favorite People!

Kayak, not trying to be mean (maybe a little) Applekat is younger than your oldest baby. (not far from my oldest, actually).

Have a great, sober Wednesday!

I love you guys!
I wasn't hitting on her :-)
Old 08-24-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

This is what I'm listening to today
https://youtu.be/ET3-t1jFmo0
Great song
Old 08-24-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
I wasn't hitting on her :-)
lol - I didn't say you were. Just an observation.

That is a great song. I love Seether. I'm listening to Foo Fighters station on Pandora.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 165. In a row. Including nights and weekends.

Off work today. No big plans. It's raining here so I might not get a couple of errands done that I wanted to. No big deal, I'll do them tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a safe and sober day. Don't drink. It's the problem, not the answer.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Does anybody in here still have the shakes I feel okay today except for I have the shakes really bad I sure couldn't win a game of Jenga
Old 08-24-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hahaha! Too funny. I'm young-ish and feel so old at times. Can't wait to get on the treadmill and get some muscle definition going again.

No shakes here Kayak but I'm definitely eating enough sugar and water too - if I don't eat enough I get shaky or if I have too much caffeine I get shaky. Hope it lessens for you. Jenga - now there's a game I haven't played in a bit!
Old 08-24-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Here's my 1 yr old's hospital drop off. So happy to do this and skip a third round of toys for our house. And so grateful for our local hospital and the doctors and nurses that kept baby girl and I safe a year ago July!

Feeling so emotional! Love being part of this group and being given another chance at normalcy. A boring, normal, SOBER life.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Here's my 1 yr old's hospital drop off. So happy to do this and skip a third round of toys for our house. And so grateful for our local hospital and the doctors and nurses that kept baby girl and I safe a year ago July!

Feeling so emotional! Love being part of this group and being given another chance at normalcy. A boring, normal, SOBER life.
It doesn't have to be boring.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

That is so awesome, Applekat! Yesterday, Sam's building homes, today you're donating at hospitals. I love this group!

Your little one is so cute. Definitely worth the lack of sleep.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Ha applekat my phone screen is so small I couldn't even see a baby just looked on my tablet beautiful baby.

Seriously sobriety doesn't have to be boring find some new hobbies enjoy your kids while you still can. Buy you a bicycle with a baby trailer hit the trails or hit the river.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back. No, I don't really have a new plan.

Truthfully, I did not care for my counselor very much and simply stopped going. I stopped going to AA and do not care for that either.

I really want to get back into walking and exercising but it's been too hot and I'm having a lot of back pain as well. I'm depressed about that and in a rut. I was losing weight before and feeling good and then it just got miserably hot and humid out. Now I'm puffy and miserable.

I'm dreaming of cooler temps and crisp fall days.

My only plans are to surround myself with positive healthy people, eat better, check in and read a lot here, get some physical activity, and not pick up that drink.

I'm already on antidepressants.

Anyway, here's my check-in for day 3. Won't be exercising today but I do have a chiropractic appointment in an hour so I guess that's a step in the right direction.

Happy Sober Wednesday All!

Xoxox
Old 08-24-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Jemma I'm excited about fall too!

Kayak I actually have a bike, and a baby seat. Thanks for the reminder - now I need to get them put together then get the other two kids to follow me. Haha! Yeah, no good excuses here. Soon enough I'll get it together I hope.

But truly I meant boring in a good way. No hungover drama or mental olympics figuring out how to pay for and how to get wine without hubby or anyone knowing much. Exhausting.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Jemma I'm excited about fall too!

Kayak I actually have a bike, and a baby seat. Thanks for the reminder - now I need to get them put together then get the other two kids to follow me. Haha! Yeah, no good excuses here. Soon enough I'll get it together I hope.

But truly I meant boring in a good way. No hungover drama or mental olympics figuring out how to pay for and how to get wine without hubby or anyone knowing much. Exhausting.
5 years ago I used to cycle 50 to 60 miles a week then I got sick then I started drinking then I stopped riding. I started riding again 2 weeks ago. I didn't realize how much I missed it until I got back on it.

I know what you mean I got tired of hiding it figuring out how to buy it without anybody knowing. I used mini bottles because they are easy to hide now every time I open a drawer or something, one of those damn bottles is there

I will not drink today because I'm not that stupid anymore well maybe a little bit stupid.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

I don't know if I told you guys this before but one time I was in the little park in my neighborhood and these little kids kept staring at me and I said hey what the heck is wrong with you guys? And the one kid said I'm waiting on you to do that trick.
I was like what trick?
My mama says you can drink like a fish
Old 08-24-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

OMG Kayak!!

Thank goodness you don't anymore! You'll have to come up with another cool trick to show the kiddos.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

I didn't know this but they have live streaming AA meetings