Notices

Class of March 2016 part 29

Old 08-23-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Love you Kiki ,, hugs.. you need to remove this person from your life! You don't need her doing the stuff to your kids that she did to you. Your well-being and your children is the most important thing.
I wish it was that easy Kayak to remove her. :-(

Our kids have NEVER been around her alone and they are all teenagers now. Trust me! Over my dead body will she ever hurt them.

Love you too!!! :-)
Old 08-23-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good morning friends day 8 and I feel great
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

One thing I love about this place is that I'm not alone. I love kikis narrative that were all floating together on the ocean in one big life raft trying to help each other survive. PS: I will not drink today I'm tired of being a moron :-)
We ARE in one boat. A life boat. Sailing off to wonderful, sober futures. :-)
Old 08-23-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thanks for the sweet words Apple. :-)
Old 08-23-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Day 47 for me. I pray it's a calm one but I KNOW my mother is gonna show up to our son's soccer game tonight and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. Ugh. I MUST fill my tool box before I go!!!

Love you guys. Don't drink. It's poison.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Kiki-You are handling her better and better each time. You can do it!

Kayak- Nice pic. Good morning.

Applekat - Hey there! I did go. 2 miles. Makes me feel great all day. I just can't always wake up to do what I know I should.

MITA-Have a great day! I'm thinking if you have a son at Wash U, you did something right. That's kind of (really) a big deal.

Lillian-Glad you got home safely. Super glad nothing bad occurred. ((Hugs)) to you.

Clearly Headed - Have a great day at work!

Casey-Day 164.
Properties of the Number 164
•Because 164 is divisible by 2 ...
◦164 is an even number
◦164 has parity 0
◦164 is not an odd number
•Because 164 can be factored as 2 x 82 ...
◦164 is a composite number
◦164 is not a prime number

The heading said fun facts and trivia, but this really isn't fun.

BBG - You've been too quiet.

Pelagic - Good morning.

I think that's the morning crew (plus a couple from last night). Have a super day!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Here is a picture of my therapist
Lake Wateree South Carolina and that is my kayak IV Serenity

Old 08-23-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Kayak, your therapist looks much nicer than mine. Mine is kind of awkward and nerdy. I like him though.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Morning Bobbie, and everyone!

Late check-in because I was doing what I'm supposed to be doing early AM: working. LOL. I'm definitely a morning person.

PR, belated congrats! You sound good and strong. Love it.

Applekat, glad you made it through yesterday. Stay on this side, it's where the cool kids hang out.

I'll check in later when I have a little more time. Everyone, I'm glad to see we're doing well! Love that.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 164. As Bobbieka already discovered, there aren't really any fun facts about 164. Except for this: it's one number more than 163. And tomorrow will be one number more than this.

After yesterday's early morning noise fest, the neighbors are creepily quiet this morning. I'm not complaining, just going to enjoy it while it lasts. Work tonight. No other plans for the day.

Glad to see so many check in this morning. Sorry I haven't been doing the "respond to everyone" post all the time lately. I'm sure I'll do it again at some point, but I was boring myself with my repetitiveness. But just know it does make me happy to see so many people checking in here and especially when it looks like things are starting to "click" for others. One day at a time, this does get easier and better. I promise that's how it's worked for me so far.

If you're struggling at any point today, get in here and ask for some help. And remember a drink is never the answer. It's the problem. You don't have to take that first drink no matter what.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And I spoke too soon about the neighbors. Even the bird is chiming in now.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

So how is everyone today it seems a little slow. We need a homework assignment something to do. I forgot I was supposed to start being serious today maybe I'll put on a tie. No more cornball
Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Kiki - so far I like Smashed. Though I will warn you, parts might be triggering depending on the circumstances of your past trauma. Just the recounting of her drinking is sending me flashbacks of some pretty awful nights even though no one ever harmed me.

Applekat - I think they are pretty well priced for what you get. They are all about the same in price, about $20 per 2 person meal. Delivery is once a week and you get a box full of fresh ingredients portioned for your recipes. I like that the ingredients are portioned (I.e., you're not buying and then wasting a full bunch of cilantro, or buying whole jars of spices you won't use). You can typically choose 2-5 meals per week depending on the company. I tried Blue Apron, and while delicious, I felt that the recipes were overly complicated. I liked Home Chef better. And with Home Chef you can choose low carb or low calorie meals, whereas Blue Apron doesn't have that option. You can skip weeks if you don't like the menu, and can suspend or cancel at any time.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

So how is everyone today it seems a little slow. We need a homework assignment something to do. I forgot I was supposed to start being serious today maybe I'll put on a tie. No more cornball

No one wants serious. Cornball is fine. Unless you need serious, then that's okay too.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Kiki - so far I like Smashed. Though I will warn you, parts might be triggering depending on the circumstances of your past trauma. Just the recounting of her drinking is sending me flashbacks of some pretty awful nights even though no one ever harmed me.
The other day I was listening to a Pandora station that I listened to a lot last year. I hadn't listened to it in a long time. It totally took me back to the way I was feeling last year when I was drinking heavily. It was a type of despair. It definitely shows me I never want to be there again.

Weird how those memories creep in.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

No one wants serious. Cornball is fine. Unless you need serious, then that's okay too.
I try to enjoy everything I do, life can be short so let's have fun while we're doing it
Old 08-23-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I've been having a pretty good day but I did get triggered a little while ago by a piece of candy.... Ugh now I have to say goodbye to black licorice. damn damn damn
Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hello eveyone!!!

Hey kayak I just saw a video of a transparent kayak and I totally thought of you!

I'm thinking about taking my kiddos to the pool. School started here but we haven't started yet so the pool is pretty empty during the day. I would go more if it were indoors, I hate putting sunscreen on 3 kids.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:48 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

KGO a San Francisco radio station is talking about Chico State banning hard alcohol at parties, good luck with that
Kiki sounds like a very stressful situation with your mom definitely not worth drinking over
1st day since last Friday I woke up and do not have a desire to drink the last 4 days were tough, Smart Meeting was helpful last night
have a great sober day
Old 08-23-2016, 11:27 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Here is a picture of my therapist Lake Wateree South Carolina and that is my kayak IV Serenity
Wow Kayak! Did you take that photo this morning? Amazing!