Notices

Class of March 2016 part 29

Old 08-25-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Well on my way to work. We are hosting a job fair this afternoon to fill several vacant positions in my departments - should make for a long day.

Thank you to everyone for helping and supporting me last night. I would be lost without you.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Well Samantha 38 days is also great and I'm still proud of you. I through i saw it on the 24 hour thread 5 months .. 38 rocks
Old 08-25-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

You know Kayak, once during my long stint of sobriety (3.5 years) I felt guilty about buying myself a new pair of running shoes. Stupid I know. But I was very broke at the time. Later that day, I had a fortune cookie, and the fortune said, "A new pair of shoes will do you some good."

That made my day.

Time for some new shoes, Kayak
Old 08-25-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Day 49. I need to slow down a little bit today. I'm exhausted. Yesterday was WAY too busy for 1 day!

Kayak...congrats on 10 days! MITA is right....YOUR shoes are fine! Hang in there! Loved that poem btw!!!

Sam...today WILL be better! 38 days? Woohoo!!!

Casey....your day off sounded really nice yesterday. :-)

Icarus...hello & have a great day!

Apple....you're right! We are all on this road together. Love you all!

MITA....have a great day!!!

Jemma....so great to see you this morning! I've missed you. :-)

Dee...you always know the right things to say. You're awesome!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!

MARCH 2016 ROCKS!

*1Stepup:
*AppleKat
*Beerbgone (BBG)
*Bobbie
*Casey
*Clearlyheaded
*Fred
*immri
*Jemma
*Kayak63
*Keets
*Kiki (me!!! :-))
*Ladybug2
*LillianGish
*LostLilly
*ManInTheArena (MITA)
*Mish
*Missy7
*PeacefulRain
*Pelagic263
*Purplrks
*Sam
*Spacegoat
*Thirteenth
Old 08-25-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

I think the people who share on this site are honest, often in pain and growing for sharing. Kayak- sorry have got no clever quotes about shoes, journeys and stuff. Basically some times stuff is very hard and sucks. Remember you are not alone. My shoes stink and I often wear odd socks. Better than having cold feet- just need a wash. Thoughts and prayers to you, Ic2
Old 08-25-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

(((((Kiki))))) day 49 Yee haw
Old 08-25-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Icarus2 View Post
I think the people who share on this site are honest, often in pain and growing for sharing. Kayak- sorry have got no clever quotes about shoes, journeys and stuff. Basically some times stuff is very hard and sucks. Remember you are not alone. My shoes stink and I often wear odd socks. Better than having cold feet- just need a wash. Thoughts and prayers to you, Ic2
Icarus. First off I have to say I love the name one of my favorite songs by Iron Maiden. I don't know why but I smell funky feet now :-) I hope you're having a great day and enjoying sobriety
Old 08-25-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
You know Kayak, once during my long stint of sobriety (3.5 years) I felt guilty about buying myself a new pair of running shoes. Stupid I know. But I was very broke at the time. Later that day, I had a fortune cookie, and the fortune said, "A new pair of shoes will do you some good."

That made my day.

Time for some new shoes, Kayak
Jemma thank you for this. I have plenty of shoes it was a metaphor for sobriety is not easy and it takes a lot of work and am I properly equipped?
I need to buy a crate of fortune cookies and open them all up till I get everything I want. Have a beautiful day
Old 08-25-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post

He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzfTdIZoP0
MITA how you doing today? I love that song
Old 08-25-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

10,000 is almost 5 miles. Fitbit sets the goal per day at 10,000. I count steps all the time now. yes, I obsess too.

Have a great evening, MITA, and everyone else. Thanks for being here.
I have a Fitbit also if I'm feeling lazy I just clip it to the dog and throw a stick
Old 08-25-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

For anyone with a Fitbit just skip checking your sleep patterns if you have sleeping trouble or a young child. Just depressing!

Old 08-25-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Kayak, I am wearing some awesomely cute sandals that I would love to share with you. You would get lots of compliments. I do. Hang in there, man. Feel the love. You have a lot of support here.

MITA - good morning. Have a fantastic Thursday.

Icarus - I also love your name. Glad you only got a little melty when you flew too close to the sun. You seem to be doing great today.

Samantha- of course everyone is here when you are struggling. I always know you will be here when I am struggling. I hope today gives you an easier road.

Kiki - I sometimes wish for those days again. Then I read your posts and I'm like, "hell no. I paid my dues. Practices and school and games for four kids. I'm done." Take a "me" day soon. You truly deserve it.

Jemma - Hope you are doing well. So happy you are here. How is your baby?

Applekat - You are going through a different set of days I am glad I am through. Someone told me once that "wherever you are is where it's at." I forgot that for a while. This is the place to be. Right here, right now. Glad we're here together.

Lillian - I can't seem to stay awake long enough to say hi. So, Hi! Hope you have a great day!

SpaceGoat - what the heck man? Miss you.

Fred - Have a great day. Thanks for always being solid.

Clearlyheaded - you sound really strong. Day 6 - make it a great one!

PeacefulRain - Have a great day watching Caillou. Man, that might have been the one show my girls watched I hated the most.

Casey - A ginormous aquarium sounds awesome. Get us a picture if you can. Of you swimming in it.

Dee - Now I want to go to rehab in the Bahamas.

BBG - Love you.

Thirteenth - Hope you are having a great week. Be nice to yourself.

Purple - Hope you had fun at drum lessons. You are going to have to play us a piece soon.

Pelagic - I truly hope you are having an amazing day - watching birds or bike riding.

Okay - off to start my own fantastic Thursday! Don't drink. It's dumb.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Right, Apple? Like we need fitbit to tell us we are sleepy.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers!! Day 6 is here and my relapse feels like ages ago, which is it isn't. I suppose it's because I feel relief and am settling into my sober self again. I am very, very thankful for that, but I know I'm still in a precarious place. I have fleeting thoughts of drinking, but am able to recall how stupid those thoughts are when I play the tape through.

Have a great sober day. Drinking is dumb!!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 166 starting now. Well it actually started about 40 minutes ago. I'm just moving kinda slow. And I have no interesting facts about the number 166.

Off work again. I'm slow cooking some ribs today that I had in a new dry rub overnight. They just barely started cooking but already smell good. No other big plans. There's a big local book/video/music store going out of business. I may go check out their sale. I should probably go to an AA meeting as well. Maybe I could make one before/after that store. Hmm...

Congrats on double digits, Kayak. Keep on truckin'.

Your day on the rope/adventure course/zipline sounds fun, Icarus. Keep on doing the next right thing, and hopefully your family will forgive you someday. All you can do is keep your side of the street clean in the meantime.

I won't be drinking today either, Samantha. And there is no such thing as "only" 38 days. 38 days is amazing! This is how we do it--one day at a time, one foot in front of the other.

Have a wonderful day, Applekat. So I have an honest question--what good does having that sleep tracker do? I mean, it's not like you can make yourself sleep differently. I honestly don't understand the point of it. Not calling you out, I'm really interested and feel like there's probably something obvious I'm missing here.

Glad to see you again this morning, ManInTheArena.

That sounds like the best fortune cookie ever, Jemma.

Congrats on 49 days, KiKi. (Psst...you still need to add Icarus2 to your roll call.) Hope today is a calmer one for you. But busy isn't necessarily a bad thing--you made a meeting and you didn't drink all day long. Sounds like a success to me.

I'll take a picture of the aquarium eventually, Bobbieka. It'll be a few days before there are actually fish in it as our drinking water here is awful and takes a lot of treatment to get right for fish to flourish. Now try saying "fish to flourish" real fast ten times in a row.

Congrats on day 6, clearlyheaded. So glad you're back here with us.

I'd love to hear from anyone else who hasn't checked in lately. You don't have to do this alone.

Remember it's the first drink that's the problem. Steer clear of that one and you don't have to worry about the second or third or eighth one. You don't have to take that first drink today no matter what lies or rationalizations your addiction throws at you.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Congrats on double digits, Kayak. Keep on truckin'.
Ha! I see what you did there. Pretty cute, Casey.

I bet your apartment smells amazing. Take that noisy neighbors.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post
Morning Marchers!! Day 6 is here and my relapse feels like ages ago, which is it isn't. I suppose it's because I feel relief and am settling into my sober self again. I am very, very thankful for that, but I know I'm still in a precarious place. I have fleeting thoughts of drinking, but am able to recall how stupid those thoughts are when I play the tape through.

Have a great sober day. Drinking is dumb!!
I totally get the "fleeting thoughts". It is like they are there but not really there. It's such a good feeling to not act on those fleeting thoughts. Way to keep getting stronger!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
MITA how you doing today? I love that song
I am doing good, I guess. My life is pretty hectic right now - but in a good way

I like the Hollies, both pre- and post Graham Nash. They seem to get overlooked in discussions of great bands.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
For anyone with a Fitbit just skip checking your sleep patterns if you have sleeping trouble or a young child. Just depressing!

I have an app that tracks my sleep quality but I don't use it anymore. I don't really need an app to tell me I got a lousy nights sleep!! And looking at the output was thoroughly depressing

Have a great day AK!!
Old 08-25-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Bobbie I banned that little SOB years ago! I will let them watch once in a blue moon, usually when I'm cooking and just don't want to stop and change it. We watch a lot of curious George since the wee one loves is.

We are off to IKEA today to get some art supplies for school. I LOOOOOOOVE IKEA! I could spend all day there!

Have a great sober day everyone!!