Notices

Class of March 2016 part 29

Old 08-25-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Now I want ribs!
Old 08-25-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Found out today that I might have an advantage on quitting that I didn't know about. I know I told you about my feet, last week they put me on a new medication to help with the nerve damage in my feet and that medicine is also prescribed to people who is giving up alcohol to kill the cravings. I hope it helps I need every bit of help I can get. Although the side effects is about 2 pages long.

Sure is quiet in here I hope everybody is ok
Old 08-25-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kayak63sc View Post
Found out today that I might have an advantage on quitting that I didn't know about. I know I told you about my feet, last week they put me on a new medication to help with the nerve damage in my feet and that medicine is also prescribed to people who is giving up alcohol to kill the cravings. I hope it helps I need every bit of help I can get. Although the side effects is about 2 pages long. Sure is quiet in here I hope everybody is ok
Is it Naltrexone? I recently read about it being used to treat chronic pain. It is very interesting learning about the physiological aspect (and interconnectedness) of all of this...
Old 08-25-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Okay - 81 days sober today. I decided to share some fun facts about 81. (it is really just too quiet) So, here goes.

The number of squares on a shogi playing board
The year AD 81, 81 BC, or 1981.
The atomic number of thallium
The symbolic number of the Hells Angels Motorcycle Club. 'H' and 'A' are the 8th and 1st letter of the alphabet, respectively.[6]
The title of a short film by Stephen Burke: 81
The model number of Sinclair ZX81
The number of the department in France called Tarn

Department 81 of France (Tarn)
The designation of Interstate 81, a freeway that runs from Dandridge, Tennessee to the New York/Canada border.
The code for international direct dial phone calls to Japan
One of two ISBN Group Identifiers for books published in India
Number of stanzas or chapters in the Tao te Ching (in the most common arrangements).
Number of provinces in Turkey. 81st one is Düzce.
Number of prayers said in the Rosary in each night.
The 81 is a 1965 song by Candy and the Kisses.
Artemis 81 is a 1981 BBC TV science fiction drama.
'The Eighty-One Brothers' is a Japanese fable[7]
The most points NBA mega-star Kobe Bryant score in a game.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Re-Member

81 is also 80 more than 1! Congratulations, Bobbieka! My avatar is starting to get a little scared.

And it's also the number of screaming children next door to me right now. Actually that might be closer to 166, I think.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Casey the horrible sleep output on screen gives me something to show my husband and looks dramatic and then he feels bad for me and is more likely to help out in other ways.

I use the Fitbit to count my steps - the sleep tracker is just another feature that every once in awhile I look at.

I'll try to stop complaining about my sleep and lack there-of, guys. It's one of my biggest triggers, though. And probably good birth control for others. Ha.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I want something greasy for dinner. That is all!

Old 08-25-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You don't have to stop complaining about the lack of sleep, Applekat. I know it's a real issue.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

I want ice cream for dinner. That probably shouldn't happen though.
Old 08-25-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I had a nice healthy (?) tuna wrap for dinner last night then proceeded to have a bowl of peanut butter swirl, AND a coconut Popsicle. If you like coconut and haven't had a coconut Popsicle, run and find them. Yummmm!
Old 08-25-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by clearlyheaded View Post

Is it Naltrexone? I recently read about it being used to treat chronic pain. It is very interesting learning about the physiological aspect (and interconnectedness) of all of this...
Gabapentin..
Old 08-25-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I want something greasy for dinner. That is all!

I just ate at Denny's, I had the chicken fried steak Skillet with onions and potatoes and grease
Old 08-25-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
I had a nice healthy (?) tuna wrap for dinner last night then proceeded to have a bowl of peanut butter swirl, AND a coconut Popsicle. If you like coconut and haven't had a coconut Popsicle, run and find them. Yummmm!
I think coconut might trigger me. I go on two cruises a year, and the day at sea I'm normally in the hot tub with pina coladas.
Supposed to go on a cruise in December but I'm not excited about it. I think it will be very difficult. I actually got to four months one time but went on a cruise and I fell down the hole. Dee and the whole class told me that I shouldn't go but I didn't listen.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

That sounds good Kayak!

Thanks for asking Bobbie! My little one is doing great he is 16 months old tomorrow and is so much fun. Saying new words all the time and so funny. We watch a lot of Curious George here too, Peaceful Rain.

Thanks Kik, I've missed you all too.

I know what you mean clearlyheaded. I'm on day 5 and already feel so much better. This is when we need to be very careful too because the cravings are still there and the bad memories of drinking start to fade. At least for me.

I have a surprise retirement party to go to in a few hours for my dear uncle. It is at a restaurant/bar, in a rented banquet room. There will be lots of drinking. I am on high alert because I am exhausted from my work week so I already have the T. However, I've eaten a lot, I am not angry, nor am I lonely, so I will go and participate in the surprise, say hi to everyone, eat a bit, and leave. Plus I will have my baby with me and be surrounded by people I am "not allowed" to drink in front of! So I am safe. I guess I'm just slightly annoyed that I should go to this when I really want to stay home and relax and go to bed! Haha
If I don't go, people think I'm holed up myself drinking! (Which sadly has been the case too many times)

Anyway I'm babbling, and my ex is at the door with my son so I must go.

Have a great sober night all!
Old 08-25-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I think coconut might trigger me. I go on two cruises a year, and the day at sea I'm normally in the hot tub with pina coladas.
Supposed to go on a cruise in December but I'm not excited about it. I think it will be very difficult. I actually got to four months one time but went on a cruise and I fell down the hole. Dee and the whole class told me that I shouldn't go but I didn't listen.
Good point on the trigger. Way to recognize that!!

And you're right...there was a coconut flavored sparkling water I found last year that totally triggered....
Old 08-25-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

I don't think I knew you were in a class before. I missed it I guess. Sorry. I think you are getting it this time. This is your time.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Thanks for asking Bobbie! My little one is doing great he is 16 months old tomorrow and is so much fun. Saying new words all the time and so funny. We watch a lot of Curious George here too, Peaceful Rain.
That is a very sweet age. My oldest granddaughter is 15 months old. She is a riot. Her favorite answer to any question is I don't know, without any consonants.

Have fun tonight.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post

I don't think I knew you were in a class before. I missed it I guess. Sorry. I think you are getting it this time. This is your time.
September 2013 that's where I met Lillian
Old 08-25-2016, 01:56 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

I missed my kids growing up I was traveling all over the country building mills for ConAgra and sometimes gone a month at a time. One of the biggest regrets I've ever had, spend all the time you can with them when they're small.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

September 2013 that's where I met Lillian
Gonna throw this out there - you were Fishnhippy?