Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-17-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Back

Hey guys, I'm ready to join. I have been in a couple classes. Last one was the Jan class and I went 4 in a half months and felt fantastic. I picked up again because I had old friends come visit me a for the week. I didn't get drunk but we did do a lot of drinking. He wanted to visit all the breweries in town, so we did.

I have had a couple of binges since then, nothing major except that I gamble loads of money away after drinking. It's like I have no regard for the value of money when I've been drinking. Last time I drank I lost $800 and felt like crap for a week! I don't want to do that anymore. Today is my 11th day AF.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey Meshelly!
Glad you are back...
11 days is awesome!

Sounds like you are learning from the "slip ups".... I guess it's part of the process.

But knowing we are sober today is all that matters!!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Hi everyone~
Welcome to everyone new, cwood, Stale, Quincy, MrPL, 4givn and anyone I else missed

Day 2
I felt so much better waking up this morning than I did yesterday morning. It's hard to believe one day can make that much difference. I had to be to work early today for a conference call and it was busy all day. I like it busy as long as it doesn't get too busy. No real thoughts of drinking which I am thankful for. Finishing up laundry now and then I am going to eat dinner
Have a great day tomorrow everyone
Hey gang, just checking in on day 2. It turns out my day 1 passed, and I used tools I developed in the past from SR and it went shockingly well. I didn't sleep the best but as emme99 points out, what a difference a day makes.

Great job everyone and I can feel everyone's strength in this class. Sure there's going to be struggles, but it seems everyone knows what we're up against.

As far as being a musician, I don't play out any more. I'm trying to pass my music on to my son. And with a clear head, I'll be able to do that. I just need to get him off of electronics for a few hours.

But I still love to sit out on the back deck and write new riffs. Plus I like to make silly parodies. It cracks-up my son who is 8. This is for my boy!!

Anyhow, have a great day all!
Old 08-17-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
fgo

Powerless

Hi everyone,
Im glad to be part of the August group. As you can see I have been part of sr since 2012, in that time I really haven't given much effort to not drinking. It is alot of effort... I broke my ribs in June & it took a month before I could even sleep laying down.(im no spring chicken) you would think I would have made an effort to quit? Kinda did, I was on pain killers, still slipped in some drinks, madness. Long story Short, I quit at the end of July. I thought I had it I was feeling great, the Av was chattering a bit, but nothing I couldnt handle. At this point I should add that own a business that distributes to liquor stores, I am in at least 5 liquor stores a day, its business. Anyway, I had over a week when the first weekend in August came. I had some unexpected guests stay at my house. We weren't drinking and having a great time on my front porch when my neighbors came over with drinks in their hands. I smelled the alcohol in their drinks and my av went crazy, it was like an out of body experience. I wasn't ready.. I did drink.
What it did was make me dig in 10x harder. How did it happen? After repacking my tool box,think I finally get it in my heart, I am POWERLESS when it comes to alcohol. The only power I have is to not take that first drink. I'm done fighting. Im back on day 3 with a higher power with a weight lifted.. Now the work starts. I just want to add, thank you everyone and if you havent read the links that Dee keeps posting about having a plan, and the 101 helpful hints please take the time. I went to the site from the hints, and it was helpful fo me.. sorry so long
Old 08-17-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Day 8.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Morning!

My intense work hours are over for this week and this is day 6 for me. I got a full eight hours of sleep last night. I did not celebrate being done by pouring a glass of wine last night at 2 AM when I finally got home. In fact I just fell asleep.

One of the things booze does to me is take away my ability to be truly tired. I think it both promotes anxiety and messes with the circadian rhythm in my body. When I stop drinking, I feel actual rest, and it feels blissful to me. I value sleep so much.

I'm planning to work from home today - a slow day. Going to get some catch up work done I can do on my laptop, and going to take the dog for a real, actual walk which she hasn't had in a couple days. Touch up some of the paint spots in the dining room.

I also thought about going to the dump. In my city they don't pick up glass for recycling. You either put it in the landfill or you can recycle it but have to actually drive to the dump to do that. So beer and wine bottles are in multiple boxes in the garage. It would be really nice to have it gone.

Feeling gratitude for this beautiful day and for this community. Thank you all.

B
Old 08-17-2016, 11:15 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kgirl41 View Post
Just a little reflection from my situation yesterday. I knew my AV was manipulative and sneaky but woah, yesterday scares me!
Bexxed - I love how you put it...WHAM....because that is exactly how it happened. I'm driving and my AV is deciding I am going to drink. I'm telling it no and buying beer at the same time. I feel like I didn't even have the chance to do anything in my plan....come here, drink water/eat, play the tape through. It all happened so fast.

All I can say is I am so relieved my husband was here. I'm not sure how much credit I can take for this one but like I said before, I'll take all the help I can get!

Thanks for all the kind words and support. I love this group and am so happy to be here sober this morning and talking about how it's Day 10 for me!! Whoop!!
Way to fight the fight kgirl. That's just one more for the win column and they'll keep adding up. And that goes for everybody here. I've read so many posts I can relate to, I couldn't even compile them. So, thanks and keep'm coming.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

2 Days till San Diego

17 days today AF. 2 days before my trip to San Diego to camp out at the beach with my BFF and go to Guns N Roses. I know I already posted about pre-mediated drinking, but thanks to the support and responses here I am in check. Just hoping to stay in check. My friend has never been a heavy drinker, that's my specialty. What ever will we do to pass the time? My husband and I will not drink and her boyfriend and her will drink. It will just be awkward. I know the temptation is going to slap me in the face. I have to be strong. I'll keep my SR app open at all times to give updates. Even the plane ride there will be challenging because we always drink on the plane. ARGH! We did 18 months before by using AVRT, RR and SR. We can do this...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Morning!

I also thought about going to the dump. In my city they don't pick up glass for recycling. You either put it in the landfill or you can recycle it but have to actually drive to the dump to do that. So beer and wine bottles are in multiple boxes in the garage. It would be really nice to have it gone.

Feeling gratitude for this beautiful day and for this community. Thank you all.

B
Hey bexxed, today was garbage pick and recycling in my neighborhood. I cleaned house. Although everything was already depleted from the weekend and previous week. Nevertheless, It's a good feeling to rid of everything as potential reminders and to reinforce moving forward.

A good point you brought up though.

Have a good one!
Old 08-17-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
17 days today AF. 2 days before my trip to San Diego to camp out at the beach with my BFF and go to Guns N Roses. I know I already posted about pre-mediated drinking, but thanks to the support and responses here I am in check. Just hoping to stay in check. My friend has never been a heavy drinker, that's my specialty. What ever will we do to pass the time? My husband and I will not drink and her boyfriend and her will drink. It will just be awkward. I know the temptation is going to slap me in the face. I have to be strong. I'll keep my SR app open at all times to give updates. Even the plane ride there will be challenging because we always drink on the plane. ARGH! We did 18 months before by using AVRT, RR and SR. We can do this...
Nice to read that! (even though I secretly hate you guys for seeing GnR! They better make it to the UK! Hehe)

Have an amazing time, you'll sail through it!

P
Old 08-17-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Count me in to this class, on Day 9.
I've been in other classes over the past 15 months or so, I've learned from the experience, and appreciated the contact with honest, kind and supportive people.
Some of them have joined this class too - you know who you are it's good to see you again.
Learning about myself is an ongoing project and I'm looking forward to some real progress.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 5.......first AA meeting at 6pm tonight.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good luck cwood
Old 08-17-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

So I just joined this forum, how does this work? I just post in here and I'm part of the class for people who have quit drinking this month? This is day 2. I have quit lots of times before, I actually had about a month sober before Monday when I had a pretty serious relapse. It can't happen again or I will most likely be divorced/in jail/dead. I'm optimistic though because I am actually scared this time and I have never had that, so I am hoping to use it as motivation.
Old 08-17-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Antman View Post
So I just joined this forum, how does this work? I just post in here and I'm part of the class for people who have quit drinking this month? This is day 2. I have quit lots of times before, I actually had about a month sober before Monday when I had a pretty serious relapse. It can't happen again or I will most likely be divorced/in jail/dead. I'm optimistic though because I am actually scared this time and I have never had that, so I am hoping to use it as motivation.
Welcome and you're already part of the class. You're here for same reasons all of us are here, with a little give and take of course. There's a lot of success in this class and you can join me and a few others on day (2). However, I've always expressed on SR, whether you're 100 days sober or 1 day sober, we're all heading in the same direction.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just checking in. I really enjoy reading everyone's post on here. Day 4 for me. I started a journal today in hopes of helping with my cravings and things. I thought if I started writing again it might be a good way to push through this time. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good books to read to help? I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:34 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm still clean. 10 days today.
I have elevated (very high) liver enzymes, so one drink is like putting a match to my liver. No drinks for me.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well done everyone for another clean day.

It's end of day 8 for here, feeling good and ticked every box in the recovery plan, going to bed looking forward to day 9.

P
Old 08-17-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome & welcome back antman, finallygotout neverthought alyssa caramel and anyone I missed

welcome back meshelly
Not picking on you but I reckon losing $800 is pretty major.

I'm glad you're back.

D
Old 08-17-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey all and good evening to you (or early morning some places).

I'm glad to see some new 'faces' .. Welcome Antman, TWTOM, Caramel.. And others!