Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-23-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  
fgo

Hi everyone,
I want you to all know I read all the posts here and really appreciate the caring and concern the responses show. It's amazing that we come from all parts of the world and share one common goal to help ourselves and each other to a better life. I distribute to liquor stores for a living, in the 8 short days I have sober I have become very aware of my av and how sneaky it is. I caught myself several times during the day thinking I'm powerless go away. Then going on to another thought. It works for me.
I usually have to wait for my customers to take care of their customers so I get some time to watch the people coming into the stores, I know I said to myself more than once today, I could end up being that person if I keep drinking.. I really do feel bad for them.
I do like the A-TEAM , we've got some smart and creative people in this group.
A little sr trivia, August 27 2012 had the most people on sr 2200+ Stay strong everyone.. I believe it will get better.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
fgo

Happy 500 elicia38
Old 08-23-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallygotout View Post
Happy 500 elicia38
Thanks! Good to see you!

Really, really wanted to go to sleep in my bed tonight. Lay there for over 30 minutes. Counted backward from 100 about 20 times. Did an A-Z gratitude list. Said the serenity prayer over and over. Tried to match my breathing to my sleeping boyfriend's breathing. Nothing worked. Up now for a minute. Gonna turn on the boob tube as that seems to be the only thing that will put me to sleep these days. Hope you are all doing well and that those in the right time zones are peacefully sleeping the night away...
Old 08-23-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

The A-Team. I like it. Can I be Murdock. I always wanted to fly a helicopter (for those who remember the tv show).

I'm glad everyone sounds to be doing well despite any and all of life's situations that have been thrown at you. It was a long day at work so I'm too tired to reply to you individually. Sorry.

For those feeling down - I hope you will soon be feeling up. For those that had a good day - I am happy for you. For those that of you that are new - Welcome.

Have a good night or day depending on where in the world you are.

Go A-Team!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new part to the the thread: join us here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-21.html

D