Old 08-15-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the new thread Anna

D
Old 08-15-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I found you!

I posted on another thread that I spent the last three days reading everyone's August posts only to get to the end and find it closed. Still figuring out how to navigate around here with my phone. When I was part of SR before we didn't even have smart phones yet! My how times have changed. Anyway, I'm off to a sober dinner with my boyfriend and daughter and need to finish getting ready. I'll check in again later. Day 8 for me, y'all! Everybody hang in there!! 😘
Old 08-15-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in as the internet is very patchy here on my holidays and will probably boot me off as I go to post

Still sober. Can't quite believe that 4 days into them with family drinking around me, I'm still abstaining and the weird thing is I haven't found it too hard. Ok had the odd, a drink would be nice thoughts but I've been doing a lot of playing the tape to the end. Getting pissed and showing myself up drunker than everyone else, dying the next morning with a hangover and horrible anxiety but having to deal with hyperactive kids wanting to do lots of stuff. Trying to fill in the blanks of the night before. It certainly take the shine off those thoughts and they quickly pass.

The book you recommended has been very good pocketpanda, I've been reading away at it all holidays and it is helping a lot. Thanks.

So 11pm, tucked up in bed and knowing that tomorrow will be day 10. Double figures! Very pleased.
Old 08-15-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about that Elicia - we usually close threads around 500 posts.

Sometimes we have to fit that into our schedules so sometimes it's 490 posts and sometimes 510

D
Old 08-15-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join this class please. I have joined many classes and have failed them all. I am hoping to do better this time. I had 19 days on 8/5 but drank that Friday. Then I drank last past Friday, and it turned into Saturday, and then Sunday. Today is day 1 again. Today I have been drinking a lot of water and following my eating plan from my diet center. I just lost 10lbs but I feel like as soon as I start to do something good for myself, I mess it up. I am going to try to keep it simple, so my plan for right now is:

1. Don't drink.
2. When I want to drink, drink a large glass of water instead (this seems to help me).
3. If the water doesn’t help, post, eat something or go for a walk.

Aside from that, post my gratitude daily and pray. And make sure I follow the plan because sometimes I don’t.
I hope everyone is doing well. I have read some of your posts but need to go back and catch up more. Have a good evening everyone and Happy Tuesday tomorrow
Old 08-15-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi emme
Old 08-15-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Emme

Why not put reaching out for help at the same level as the water?

D
Old 08-15-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would like to join this class. I had almost 3 years and broke it in May. Haven't stopped since then. I'm ready to get my life back on track and become the woman I know I am deep down. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Caramel, it's good to see you

Thanks Dee, I most likely will
Old 08-15-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm checking in. Have to go back to work for a few hours tonight, and be back early tomorrow. These first three days of the week are brutal. Catching myself being stressed about things I can't control, it makes me want to drink every time.

I don't like the person I am when I'm drinking and it's the same person who gets stressed about things that I can't do anything about. I know I don't have to be that way and I remember that here.

I also remember that when I'm outside in nature, around sober people, and focused on positive things.

In gratitude,

B
Old 08-15-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Had a lovely evening and a yummy dinner. So tired and hoping for a good night's sleep. Glad to be sober one more day. Hope y'all are hanging in there too...😘
Old 08-15-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi everyone 😊
Any tips on beating these cravings please? I am finding it really hard 😔
I am trying to keep busy but with hubby out at work all day until late I get lonely 😔😔
Old 08-15-2016, 08:02 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Pinky
If you are looking for something to do to distract yourself there is a sticky at the top in the newcomers section. I will try to post a link but I haven't posted a link before so not sure it is going to work:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ething-do.html

Otherwise, when I get a craving I try to drink some water and it usually helps it subside a bit. Or if you are hungry, it might help to eat something. Or maybe go for a walk if it's not dark?
Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I'm just checking in, enjoying another sober night. I had a pretty productive day, I got thru the cravings just by immediately distracting myself by thinking of something else. Keeping busy definitely helps. But I can only get so much done in one day, so I am resting now, spending time with my child and our 2 pups, reading and posting here. Here's to another 24 hours sober!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Hi everyone 😊
Any tips on beating these cravings please? I am finding it really hard 😔
I am trying to keep busy but with hubby out at work all day until late I get lonely 😔😔
Hi Pinky1, I am going thru kind of the same situation, and what has worked for me is just getting my mind on something, anything else. For me, I get a visual in my mind of me drinking, but I just really try to throw that thought/image away immediately, as many times as I have to. If I can't think of anything else to do, I go drink some water or herbal tea, or read just to keep my mind busy and off of alcohol. What someone said to me on here the other day is, "be kind to yourself," and keep coming back here because there is so much support and understanding here. I hope you are doing well.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

some great tips & techniques to help against cravings:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html

D
Old 08-15-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi all,cravings..... Gahhh.... Those silly little thoughts that twist our brains. Everywhere you look people are drinking out in the sunshine, then home watch some TV and they're drinking, read a book but it mentions drinking and it goes on and on. All that I know is that people tell me that these thoughts will cease in time and I will no longer notice these things. They tell me to play the movie in my mind of where that one drink will lead..... Back into the darkness. I prefer to stay in the light and so I plow on, one day at a time. Elle
Old 08-15-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ☺
Thanks for all of your tips and support really appreciate it