Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 08-16-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Quick check in...welcome emme and rogue!

Spent yesterday visiting with some old friends...no alcohol involved. Last night one of them returned home with me and stayed over. TodY we will have a quiet day just catching up...I look forward to me mind be occupied!

Have a great Tuesday all xoxo
Old 08-16-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, and welcome all newcomers. I just wanted to pop in quick and say hi. I'm doing well, staying sober. As I mentioned yesterday my week is busy but I want to try and pop on as much as I can.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying strong. Let's all get through this week and celebrate our milestones together. Just take it one day at a time and choose not to drink. Have a plan for when cravings hit! And come here everyday for inspiration and support.

Take care
Kgirl
Old 08-16-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi, all - checking in and waving hello!
Old 08-16-2016, 05:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good morning or good day (depending on where you are) to all my fellow August peeps. I still entertain the idea that someday I may be able to drink again but I will not drink today. For now, it's just too overwhelming to think of never drinking again. It is a lovely, cool morning here in Georgia. I'm keeping quiet for now trying to let my daughter sleep. Once she's up we will get busy on some projects around the house and maybe catch a movie later. For everyone struggling, just don't drink today. Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. 😘
Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good day class. I'm somewhat of an old-school SR alumni. I'm jumping on the wagon today. It will be a pleasure getting to know everyone as well. I have to get through day 1 today first though. We'll see.......

Thanks for having me.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Just checking in here. Today is day 16. The last time I remember being sober for this long was in 2013 (3 months). This time feels a lot different, though. I was definitely white-knuckling it at every last attempt.

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-16-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey all you August'ers!

I'm doing OK today and no thoughts of drinking. Having a little stress with work. Mainly because mid-august is slowest time of year. So when it's slow.... I get bored and my mind rambles..... you know.

Seems that late morning is the worst.

Anyways.... Just looking for a little something to cheer me up.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Is your name a reference to The Allman Bros....?

Glad to hear you're hanging in there.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by neverthought View Post
is your name a reference to the allman bros....?

Glad to hear you're hanging in there.
Indeed ... 100%
Old 08-16-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elicia08 View Post
Good morning or good day (depending on where you are) to all my fellow August peeps. I still entertain the idea that someday I may be able to drink again but I will not drink today. For now, it's just too overwhelming to think of never drinking again. It is a lovely, cool morning here in Georgia. I'm keeping quiet for now trying to let my daughter sleep. Once she's up we will get busy on some projects around the house and maybe catch a movie later. For everyone struggling, just don't drink today. Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. 😘
"I still entertain the idea that someday I may be able to drink again but I will not drink today. For now, it's just too overwhelming to think of never drinking again"

Elicia, this is exactly the way I feel about drinking. You put that in the right words..... it's just so overwhelming to think of teetotaling, although that IS my ultimate goal for the future.
Just take it one day at a time and don't drink today! We can do this! Hope you have an awesome sober day!
Old 08-16-2016, 08:23 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
Indeed ... 100%
I saw you play guitar and you live in south....so.....

Music and guitar......my two favs as well.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi, first post...can I come in? I have a problem, that has created some other real problems. Day 4 for me now. I am 57, but I know it's not too late.

curtis
Old 08-16-2016, 08:36 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
Hi, first post...can I come in? I have a problem, that has created some other real problems. Day 4 for me now. I am 57, but I know it's not too late.

curtis
By all means, please join us. I just joined today as well after many months away from SR and roller-coasting. And it's not too late at all, as you've suggested.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I've said this many times before and I'm going to say it again, I sure wish I could just catapult myself into next week. These first few days are killers.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:37 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
I saw you play guitar and you live in south....so.....

Music and guitar......my two favs as well.
Cool .. I play and sing too.

As for the Allmans...I relate very well to the lyrics and blues songs they do.... I have a ton of respect for Greg Allman. He is recovering drug and alcoholic... I believe he is clean now for a while. Which is even more inspiring to me.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by Neverthought View Post
I've said this many times before and I'm going to say it again, I sure wish I could just catapult myself into next week. These first few days are killers.
They are tough. But just getting through them and sweating it out is good for the soul. (if that makes sense).... Little pain is ok. The Gain is worth it!
Old 08-16-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Welcome Cwood!
Nice group of folks here.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Well, I just called and figured out where the closest AA is that has multiple meetings per day. A year ago I couldn't see myself making that call. I have my mom and dad (even though I'm 57) looking into helping me get into an inpatient rehab, if necessary. Lot's of things going on that are positive and I want to keep it that way. I'm staying with my dad until my significant other can deal with me again at home.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MidnightRider View Post
Cool .. I play and sing too.

As for the Allmans...I relate very well to the lyrics and blues songs they do.... I have a ton of respect for Greg Allman. He is recovering drug and alcoholic... I believe he is clean now for a while. Which is even more inspiring to me.
I understand what you are saying about their music and that is quite inspirational. On another note, I always wondered what I kind of influence Duane would have had on the music industry if it wasn't for that fatal motorcycle accident. I always think of him when I hear Layla.....amazing slide solo. But yes, Gregg is one of a kind and he keeps on playing.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
Well, I just called and figured out where the closest AA is that has multiple meetings per day. A year ago I couldn't see myself making that call. I have my mom and dad (even though I'm 57) looking into helping me get into an inpatient rehab, if necessary. Lot's of things going on that are positive and I want to keep it that way. I'm staying with my dad until my significant other can deal with me again at home.
That is quite commendable man. Sounds like you're very serious, good for you.