Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 33

Old 09-21-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, dear USAers.

Sweet awakenings, dear Aussies.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Can't believe that another day is coming to a close.

Love to all.

Leigh
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Good morning, USAers. Hope you are sleeping well, Aussies.

Heading in for my extended incisional today which will result in both internal and external sutures so I'll likely be a little sore for awhile but it will be nice to know that all cancer is gone.

Enjoy your sober day/sober sleep, all.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:13 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Leigh. Had no idea you were dealing with your own cancer issues. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today for sure.

Peace and love to all.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

That's a surprise to me as well Leigh. Thinking of you along with a prayer just this moment. I'm thankful you'll wake to the knowledge that you're cancer free.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Thanks, Mark and Arbor; sorry, I thought that I had mentioned it.

It's basal-cell skin-cancer so not a life-threatening thing; I had four spots 'scooped' for biopsy about a month ago and one came back cancerous with 'unclear' margins so I had to go back in for an extended excisional to try to assure clear margins (this will be biopsied, too); they removed an area about 2.5 cm wide area and went deep; I have 11 external sutures. Novacaine is wearing off and it is feeling a bit tender; ibuprofen should do the trick.

Compared to what my friends are going through, this a total 'non-event' but I am relieved to be rid of the cancer, nonetheless.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:18 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

That's good news Leigh.

Sun lover that I am, better use of sunscreen should be more of a habit.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Love to you Leigh, and to all of you. ♥
Old 09-23-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
That's good news Leigh.

Sun lover that I am, better use of sunscreen should be more of a habit.
Lather it on!!!! Be safe.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling at least 'ok' today Leigh
Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning/afternoon/night, all.

Sore but doing well overall. Slept well except for the time I tried to roll over!!!!!

I have to change the bandaging and clean the wound in about an hour so I'll have my first look at it.

Have a great day, all.

Sending love.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Feel better, Leigh.

I'm fair skinned, blonde, blue eyed...I've had suspicious moles removed too where they've had to go back in and take more. I'm very cautious with the sun. It's ironic cause I'm so outdoorsy.

Hang in there. Hope you have help changing dressings.
Old 09-24-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hope everything went fine with the dressings Leigh.

It's funny Arbor that the mental picture I had assigned to you was a dark haired dude like me. Way off there! So now I've got to put a Scandinavian image in place. Will take getting used to after almost two years.

I'm told I've got olive skin and I tan easily so I've been somewhat reckless with sun protection. My bad for sure. I'm headed out now to repot some stuff and sweep the pool, so first order of business is sunscreen! HOT today and tomorrow but will mercifully 'cool' to 80s/50s next week! Bring it!!!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Ha. Way off, Mark. Maybe I should post a pic and put an end to the mystery man!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Yep, but if you do and it's not like a Scandinavian lumberjack (you being an arborist and all) I'm off again!

Pool swept and I'm diving in.....sunscreen and all!
Old 09-24-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

I do have a question for ya though. Now that we're well into sobriety time wise, I compare my social circle to a couple of years ago and I've realized that it has shrunk a bit. To be sure I wouldn't go back, but I do miss a little bit of it. There were some situations where it just hasn't worked once the drinking was gone.

Have you been able to manage without having to pull away from some? Maybe it's me....anyway I'm just curious but understand if that's too intrusive.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Not intrusive at all. Hard to say, really. My life has changed dramatically in that I'm a young father still. Four years into that and my social life with friends and such is way different. Most of my closest don't have kids and that has separated us a bit. So, for me the sober life and fatherhood go hand in hand.

Family social stuff has always been there the entire time though and I've had to navigate all that despite. Just yesterday we went to the Big E (our northeast annual state fair) and had to deal with the drinking all around me. I was trying to think though that it's prolly my third time attending without the guzzling of craft beer. Gotten used to the sober social scene...

Not sure that helps, but outside of work and family there's not much time for anything else. Perfect timing for all this change, really. But that has also kept me drinking in that past too. No time for fun so create your own fun with some drinks. Yeah, only not so much.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thinking of you and sending good thoughts Leigh

My social circle is a lot smaller Mark - but I know each and everyone of them is a true friend, rather than an acquaintance or a drinking buddy... I'm ok with that swap

D
Old 09-24-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

That's a great point, Dee. The true lifelong friends will always be there despite. They've all accepted the fact that I don't drink. I don't think it bothers them one bit, but there was a time when it bothered me. That's a tough thing to get over I think. Can still be challenging at times in lots of different ways. Something as subtle as axiety can get the best of you.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Yes, a good swap I agree Dee.

Arbor, your post got me thinking of why I'm feeling a bit of a void of late. I'm not a young father. My son is away now, my oldest daughter is busy and really not home that much.....at least when I'm awake. And little one (until recently a daddy's girl) has taken a giant leap into growing up these last few months. Spending time with her dad is not nearly the priority it was to her even six months ago. Perhaps it's more the change in household dynamic than missing some of the old junk that has me at loose ends. One stays in that super busy 'young dad' stage for so long that it seems a permanent reality. It's not. Now I'm left here blinking at the future I guess.

Anyway, thank you for the replies.