# 41 (permalink)  

Goodnight, dear ones.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good night love.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Goodnight Leigh, turning in myself.

Whirlwind week here with son's car getting totaled (he's completely fine) and getting his new ride in place for tomorrow's departure. I'm hoping for better sleep tonight having gotten that ironed out!

I hope you're feeling well today Suze. Happy Friday to you.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh Mark, thank God he is alright.
And I'm much better today....

Love to everyone. ♥
Old 08-18-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you're feeling better today Suze. Nice news to end my day.

And my budget has been spread thin this week with unexpected car stuff. I briefly considered canceling my trip, but then I came to my senses! So I'm feeling better too.

Good night.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Mark - I'm glad your son is okay.

Suze - I'm glad you're feeling better.

Good news all around!
Old 08-18-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
I'm so glad you're feeling better today Suze. Nice news to end my day.

And my budget has been spread thin this week with unexpected car stuff. I briefly considered canceling my trip, but then I came to my senses! So I'm feeling better too.

Good night.
Nope....no cancelling of trips Mark....I changed mine today, but I'm still coming. If I need surgery it's going to have be when I come back. Or better still, I won't have to have surgery at all...we shall see.

So East Coast guys....how does last week in October sound? Or the weekend either side? I can be with you guys and celebrate my two-year anniversary.

Briar, and Conquest if you're there....I'm coming to Cali on Nov 21 for two weeks.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Last week in October is good for me, Suze.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Mark, I thank God that your son is okay.
Old 08-19-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Happy Friday/Saturday, all.

Be back soon.

Love to all.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm happy your son is OK Mark.

How exciting for you Suze

see you soon Leigh!

D
Old 08-19-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Good morning Dee.
Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. ♥

Cannot wait until you are home Leigh darling.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Glad your boy is alright, Mark! Scary stuff right there.

Hope everyone is well.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi gang and happy Saturday......a long Labor Day weekend in the not-too-distant future. Got an invite last night to join a college friend at their beach place for the holiday. Decided to take him up on it. Usually I'm the one hosting so this will be a change. A good bit of margarita talk but lucky for me I don't drink. Most of vacation memories weren't tarnished by drinking, but in the last few years I had begun stashing beer in my luggage to have before everyone got up in the mornings. Helped my hands not shake while I made breakfast. At the time I thought it was a dandy idea. Did LOTS of 'secret' drinking on last trip to Hawaii. I remember thinking that maybe this isn't normal.

Well, son just texted that he got a ticket last night on his drive to Dallas for having no license plate. We got the car Tuesday night and I told him to wait until Texas and get plates first of next week. No need to get one here for three days I thought. Dang, can't catch a break sometimes. I'll pay for this one. Good news is that he has an interview for a job at one o'clock. Got my fingers crossed.

Wishing y'all a nice weekend.
Old 08-20-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hey Mark. Was king of secret drinking over here. Think it's good to remind ourselves from time to time how nasty this thing got. I do it often. What makes us think things would be any different?
Old 08-20-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

That's a great point Arbor. Even though I know better I do find scattered thoughts of being sober almost two years and thinking I'm better now, only on vacation, never at home etc. etc. Almost all of the lodging I've booked for NZ references the local bottle of wine that the host will have waiting on me. A nice gesture by the host, but causes me agitation/internal struggle on certain levels. Anyway, gonna stay accountable to y'all throughout. I'm so thankful I can share this stuff here as its not in my nature to be so open. Just that way for me.

I appreciate each of you.

Time to sweep the pool and get a little sun if the clouds will allow. Strange wet August here.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:30 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Just catching up. Wow, sorry about your son's accident, but glad he was not injured, Mark. And, bummer on the ticket, but I hope he gets that job! So much going on, and stressful stuff at that.

V, I wondered if you could still travel with your situation. I am glad that you can still take your trip. I can weigh in on the weekend closer to the date. it is just hard to plan for weekends during soccer season, and before the kids start school. We simply don't have any of our schedules yet. But, I will try to come if you are within a reasonably drive. My husband can be very good about taking over if I want to go overnight as well. But, just depends on rides, games, and Sunday school obligations.

We had a wonderful time in Maine. I will have to try to do a photo album of it. I had some yummy lobster on two occasions, and we enjoyed the beach and pools. The weather held out and was fine. Our walk to the beach was a bit longer than we all preferred, but doable, and there was trolly service if we wanted to wait for it. Very beautiful place! I actually still need to do laundry. I have been lazy, and was cooking all day today.

I got a new toy, and Instant Pot(google it) and made ribs, black beans and rice in it today. It is a gadget that requires some practice to get used to using it and tweaking times, etc... All the food came out great, even if I would tweak things. Beans need more flavor, but I can remedy that. It is nothing that some bacon and spice wont cure!

Hope everyone is well. School is just around the corner. Just one more full week off for the kids.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

So glad you had a wonderful time phoebe love.

I can come to you as well if you like; I will have a lot of time. I could stay close by for a day or so if you had the time...

I ordered finger protectors online...I will find something that works. And as for what the doctor will say, we shall see. One step at a time.

Hi Arbor love, and Mark, and Briar and Leigh and Dee and all of you.