Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 33

Old 10-05-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Not sure where you are exactly Mark, but hope y'all stay safe down there with the oncoming hurricane. Are you leaving the area?
Old 10-05-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Just wonderful, Leigh!
Thanks, Arbor - oh the magic of antibiotics!!!! I can't believe how much better I feel; it's night and day.
Old 10-05-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Not sure where you are exactly Mark, but hope y'all stay safe down there with the oncoming hurricane. Are you leaving the area?
Stay very, very safe, Mark.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey thanks guys. All is well here and the storm will be well east of us. In fact we are going to the beach for the long weekend. Water is still warm and forecast of crystal clear skies. I hadn't been paying attention to the storm....yikes, I didn't know "Matthew" was a cat. 4.

So glad you're feeling better Leigh.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

And as a side note....we've agreed to let oldest daughter's boyfriend (I don't even like typing that) go with us. I've been on the cool side of luke warm with this particular relationship. Hurricane Mark may be the storm to watch if he's not a perfect gentleman.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

LOL, my associate suggested I take an air horn and if i notice any undesirable activity ( such as sitting too close ) i just give it a blast! Loving that idea...WOOOONK!!! WOOOONK!!! Yep, I'm headed out to get me an air horn.....
Old 10-05-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Is your oldest in college, Mark?

I'm sure he'll be cool, calm, and collective around you. I remember an invite to the beach house early on in my current relationship that had me a nervous reck. It wasn't just a getaway with my wife's parents it was her Aunt, Uncle, and all her cousins too. I just wanted to be liked, even though the "yankee" card was thrown around quite a bit.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good heavens, that really would have had me nervous too Arbor. And a big ol' bunch of southerners as well. Evidently things went well!

My 21 year old (son) is living and working in Dallas. As it stands he will achieve in-state status (as far as tuition goes) next August and says he wants to resume college courses at that time. What happens between now and then will determine the degree to which I fund things. We shall see.

Oldest daughter (just turned 18) is a high school senior. The surprise third child (daughter) is 11.........going on 16 and in 6th grade.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Hi guys, sorry I've been absent. Working through some challenges.

Congrats Mark!

Things are okay. I'm having some kind of shift, and I've been thinking a lot about drinking lately. Everything reminds me of it, the good parts. Romanticizing it. I'm well-practiced at reminding myself of the bad parts, but still I'm feeling some grief as I seem to be going through a new phase of acceptance that the "good" times are over.

It's got to be the shift in the seasons, which is happening quickly here. The holidays and cooler weather trigger me, as does the sudden warm weather in the spring. But this sense of loss is pretty strong and something I haven't felt in a long time.

It's interesting how recovery comes in layers like this. Like peeling an onion. Self awareness is key, right? And knowing we always have a choice, and often for us it's the road less traveled. We'll be okay.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi Suze, miss you.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

I'm not sure Briar honey ~ I don't look at recovery that way.
I don't have a choice, not if I want to live. Not if I want any measure of peace.
So I guess I don't quite know what you mean....

I'm sorry that this is a tough time for you. And I'm glad you're posting.....I have missed you terribly.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Gosh I'm having a bad day....just needed to put that out there. Feeling so so fragile.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I just mean that sometimes I feel like relapse is inevitable for me. I feel like it will someday be a part of my life again, and I think about how wonderful and freeing it will be when that time comes. But obviously that's an illusion, and it's up to me to take control and decide to protect myself.

I've pulled out my binders from treatment and am reading them and trying to reach out and reconnect with my support system. Trying to get my head back in the game.

I'm sorry you're having a hard day. Anything we can help with?
Old 10-05-2016, 08:21 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

I need help, and everyone who promised to help me has abandoned me....everyone here I mean. I have to have a procedure tomorrow morning, a friend was going to take me....now, no dice. I have to go and get my luggage and I don't feel well...I just have to do it.

My toilet is broken and I have called my RE Agent over and over.....still no call back. Far out.
And there is way more.

So I've spent half the day crying.

I'm glad you are tapping back into your recovery resources love ~ you are just so important to all of us. I want all of the good things for you.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Oh jeez, I'm sorry, what a bunch of crap to deal with all at once. I hope you can find someone to help you. That's just nasty of the agent not to call you.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry your friend let you down, Suze and I hope you'll be able to work something out.

Just keep hammering the agent.

Briar I think as long as we feel something's missing in your life without alcohol, it's a hard road.

It's not something I have but I know others say they miss the chaos, the madness, or the escape.

It's good you recognise that it's an illusion but I hope as time goes on you'll lose that feeling that something's missing

D
Old 10-05-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Dee.....sobbing here. Just got completely screamed at and abused by the agent. No exaggeration...how terrible I am...how I hound them....how dare I.....how there's more important things in the world than a god damn leaking toilet....bla bla bla ...I called the police. I am shaking. I am a mess.Far out.....so not fair. Just why?????
Old 10-05-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

WTF? That's insane!
Old 10-05-2016, 09:05 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Crying my heart out.....
Old 10-05-2016, 09:14 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's so not acceptable Suze. I hope you get some recourse about that.
You did nothing wrong by asking them to do their job
D