Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-08-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
Why does life have to be this hard? My parents stopped by this morning, and I'm exhausted. There's beer in my fridge and I'm about to fall once again.
Well you posted here first so I know you want to be sober. We are here for you. Keep posting!! You can do this. Play the tape through. Life is hard but drinking only makes it worse.

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-08-2016, 09:44 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Why does life have to be this hard? My parents stopped by this morning, and I'm exhausted. There's beer in my fridge and I'm about to fall once again.
Pour the beer away and do something to distract you. Don't give in to it.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:57 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Invisible....Life is harder with drinking. Please please pour it out
Old 08-08-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

doing well
Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
doing well
Glad to hear that.

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-08-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's awfully quiet here. Check in if you all get a chance.

Joshua 1:9
Old 08-08-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Great night with the kids last night, played ball and sang songs... but woke up to nightmares this morning. Time is the only cure for this. So glad I'm getting through this sober, not sure I could deal with it properly inebriated.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hanging in Day 12. Morning anxiety and panic worse last couple of days. Ugghh

Welcome Wisc. great going HTS!
Old 08-08-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
doing well
Glad to hear it !

Good meeting this morning. Helped me. Cook ed and did laundry after got kids home. Sitting w 8 yr old while he watches minecraft videos. Reminding myself that today is all there is. Got learn to manage fear about "what's gonna happen at my job tomorrow".
It always ruins my Monday dreading the job. Seeing that my perception is involved, I need to keep on growing and learning when I can.
Thank you all for posting. It helps me so much.
Living sober is hard, but it gets easier (one day), lol !
Old 08-08-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Janeeb

I'm sorry life is tough. why not make today a little easier by pouring out that beer ID?

D
Old 08-08-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

drinking is not the way to make anything better invis. You ok?
Old 08-08-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Long day and I am so ready for sleep but dreading the thought of sleeping through the night only to wake up to my alarm- does that make sense? Guess I haven't had enough time to decompress - too much driving today for work. Add the smoothie cleanse to that and I honestly can't tell if I am tired or hungry (probably both.) either way I stuck to it and am proud of that. I may not make it the whole 10 days but at least I survived 1 lol

Hope you can all get some good sleep tonight with no wacky dreams. Anyone having any drinking dreams? I haven't had any lately but am amazed that I still dream about doing coke every few months even though I haven't touched the stuff in 8 years. Weird.

Anyway- gotta get this munchkin to sleep. Good night everyone.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Welcome back Janeeb! Glad you're doing well, Wisc.
Invisible, if you have a way to keep alcohol out of your home, at least for a good long while, it will make it much more likely for you to stay sober. Did your parents leave it there? Do they know you have quit? Shame on them if they do. But, you can pour it out. You seem to be feeling so depressed, I'd hate for you to add the alcohol to that. It makes it so much worse!
Sunflower, I know what you mean about not having time to decompress. I went to a fantastic meeting tonight but it was kind of a drive to get there, then I got home and had some food and now I need to shower and get to bed. It's just not enough time. I like to watch dumb t.v. and play computer games and stuff before I go to bed.
I haven't had drinking dreams that I can remember. I did have an awful dream that I had killed a bunch of people and was trying to hide the bodies and my son stopped in and I was really worried he would see the body that I hadn't gotten rid of yet. That was horrible! I have been watching too much crime t.v., like 2020 and stuff.
I hope we all have sweet dreams tonight and wake up feeling good that we didn't drink!
Old 08-08-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Day 15 here. We are all kind of having a humdrum day today. Was busy with the insurance merry go round regarding my car so that kept me distracted. I havent had any drinking dreams but its the last thought in my busy brain when i go to sleep but that helps. I have had startling nightmeres every night but it is just something to get used to.

I saw an inspirational quote online that read "in a year from now all of todays worries will be a distant memory" sure we will have new worries in a year but it is nice to think that worry is always fleeting.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. Thanks for helping me stay sober another day.

Joshua 1:9
Old 08-08-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I read your posts. Gotta sleep now. I'll wake up to Day 35.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I Woke full of worry and fear about work. My truck broke down last week. They punish the drivers sometimes by putting them in a work crew , physically hurting them by putting them with 25 yr old guys . I can't keep up at my age and it really makes me upset. All this is hard to admit, but alcoholic self centered fear is a killer, so I'm letting it out. Gosh I hope it doesn't go that way. I'm really trying to do what my sponsor said and not make job decisions and such until a year sober.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
I Woke full of worry and fear about work. My truck broke down last week. They punish the drivers sometimes by putting them in a work crew , physically hurting them by putting them with 25 yr old guys . I can't keep up at my age and it really makes me upset. All this is hard to admit, but alcoholic self centered fear is a killer, so I'm letting it out. Gosh I hope it doesn't go that way. I'm really trying to do what my sponsor said and not make job decisions and such until a year sober.
Hey JL- I am sorry for the stress and the possible changes at work. That doesn't sounds like a positive work environment at all and while I agree with not making big changes the first year, what they are about to do to you IS a big change for your mind and body and if you have the choice to avoid it wouldn't it be a better option? Are there other companies you can work for that have more compassion towards their employees?
Old 08-09-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Day 35

On the bike just finishing up my workout. I made a morning schedule with DH so that he has 3 mornings a week with the little guy so I can work out in the garage/ workout room. We are barely talking now. I don't think it's ever been this bad. Therapy on Thursday.

I wish you all a beautiful Tuesday. I have started saying a gratitude list in my head as I drift off to sleep at night. Helps keep me grounded and hopeful.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ExDrinkingCub View Post
Day 15 here. We are all kind of having a humdrum day today. Was busy with the insurance merry go round regarding my car so that kept me distracted. I havent had any drinking dreams but its the last thought in my busy brain when i go to sleep but that helps. I have had startling nightmeres every night but it is just something to get used to. I saw an inspirational quote online that read "in a year from now all of todays worries will be a distant memory" sure we will have new worries in a year but it is nice to think that worry is always fleeting.
I love that quote- I often remind myself of something similar when my kid is throwing a fit and I am about to stress out. I remember that it is all just a fleeting moment and in the end is not that important- we will always survive in the end. Just gotta make the best of each moment.

Living in the present is so hard and not resisting it is even harder (that's where worry and stress come from.) It's amazing because we are born that way and then we grow up and the world and life just screws it all up and we have to retrain ourselves to just be present!

I am rereading The Power of Now- an excellent book on mindfulness in case anyone hasn't heard of it.