Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-07-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hello. Haven't posted for a while. Been reading the posts each night before sleeping. I'm ending day 30. Still looking for a job. Received a msg from a place that wants me to call them in morning. Unfortunately it's over 2 hours away. Might have an interview on Thursday, but that's 90 min away. But I guess I should just be happy for this. I keep reminding myself that alcohol is what caused this mess and if I drink again it will be even worse.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days mate.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:45 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by havetostopnow View Post
Hello. Haven't posted for a while. Been reading the posts each night before sleeping. I'm ending day 30. Still looking for a job. Received a msg from a place that wants me to call them in morning. Unfortunately it's over 2 hours away. Might have an interview on Thursday, but that's 90 min away. But I guess I should just be happy for this. I keep reminding myself that alcohol is what caused this mess and if I drink again it will be even worse.
Well done on 30 days and the job interviews. Although hope you can find something with less of a commute
Old 08-08-2016, 02:18 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats havetostopnow.

Glad you're ok ExDrinkingClub!

D
Old 08-08-2016, 03:34 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats and good luck with your call-it is worth a shot, just see what they have to offer!
Old 08-08-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ExDrinkingCub View Post
Hi everyone, hope you all had a good sober weekend. I was praying to HP for a distraction as I had made two weeks today but didn't want to think about drinking, or my unrequited love, or anything like that. And once again HP provided....as I was driving home some idiot threw a rock from a bridge over the interstate and smashed my sunroof. Luckily I am okay! Just stuck with the hassle of making the claim and getting it replaced. How did I ever have time to drink!

Love you guys thought you'd enjoy my story as something different to read about. Never a dull moment haha
Geez- that's crazy! So glad you weren't hurt...
Old 08-08-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Another morning, another Monday. Glad to be alive and sober and ready for the new week and the cleanse.
I've got 6 hours of driving ahead of me today (3 hours each way) and I am really looking forward to it. I use it as time to listen to my recovery podcasts and self help audiobooks. I would never have time to do this otherwise so I consider it a blessing!
Happy Monday my sober friends- stay positive, hopeful and keep a vision for the future alive in your hearts and mind. We are doing this!

Old 08-08-2016, 03:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Thanks for the support Optimist. I think I am the one stuck at 15 since that's when I started using (I was a pot head before I was a drunk.) DH started earlier than me but I don't think he's an addict. He is more relaxed when he drinks and had done some stupid crap but the fact that he has pretty much gone from drinking every weekend with me to rarely drinking at all shows me he doesn't have an issue. At least that's what I think.

I can't remember what juicer we have- it was a $100 one we got from Best Buy and it's in a box in the garage. I enjoy juicing but it's so damn expensive so I don't do it often (I did the juice fast 6 years ago.)

For the smoothies I will use my Vitamix which I got from QVC a couple years ago - gotta love their monthly payment plans! I have the one with the smaller pitcher which fits under the cabinet. It's pretty awesome!
Thanks Sunflower!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ExDrinkingCub View Post
Hi everyone, hope you all had a good sober weekend. I was praying to HP for a distraction as I had made two weeks today but didn't want to think about drinking, or my unrequited love, or anything like that. And once again HP provided....as I was driving home some idiot threw a rock from a bridge over the interstate and smashed my sunroof. Luckily I am okay! Just stuck with the hassle of making the claim and getting it replaced. How did I ever have time to drink!

Love you guys thought you'd enjoy my story as something different to read about. Never a dull moment haha
I am so sorry that happened to you but so glad you escaped without being injured, Ex!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:02 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Great job on 30 days!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Getting read to start my day, albiet a bit late. Day 10 and I've been feeling a bit sluggish lately...probably the heat.

Still having goofy dreams, mostly about dating...I wonder if somewhere deep down I'm lonely for a man. I just make very poor choices and don't trust myself so it's safer to not even look. Perhaps one day...

Well, off to shower and feed the pups. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's plenty of time for that Optimist - why not spend a little time getting to know your sober self first?

D
Old 08-08-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Congrats HaveToStop!!!

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-08-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

ExDrinkingCub glad you're ok. That's really scary!!

Old 08-08-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Happy Monday everyone!! We made it through another weekend.

Old 08-08-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30, havetostop !

Waiting for a meeting to start, then pickup 3 yr old at pre k, then pickup 8 yr old at school by 2:45.
Then do laundry.
Snuck into a store to look at anniversary presents. Keys fell through a hole in my pocket and I lost them. Thank God I got em back.
My day off.

Oh CRAP edc - I just read your post !
The reason my car wasn't stolen is that I drive junk. Nobody would steal my car. They'd give it back. Lol
I'm really glad you're ok.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:55 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm back ...

Kind of optimistic to think I would deal with funeral, family stress etc a new way! I made it through ... I am back and focussed for the rest of the month I will come on here when the temptation is strong ! Looking forward to catching up with everyone x
Old 08-08-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Kind of optimistic to think I would deal with funeral, family stress etc a new way! I made it through ... I am back and focussed for the rest of the month I will come on here when the temptation is strong ! Looking forward to catching up with everyone x
Welcome back

Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good luck xx
Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Why does life have to be this hard? My parents stopped by this morning, and I'm exhausted. There's beer in my fridge and I'm about to fall once again.