Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-12-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Australia is my dream trip now since I've already been to Ireland to see some family as a kid. Hopefully one day.
Old 08-12-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Sunflower, about where are you in FL? If you don't mind? On the coast? I'd Love to go to Austrailia. I've been on some cool trips, that might be the best.
On the east Coast, near Jacksonville
Old 08-12-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forester View Post
Yup, right up the top there. Here's the bay just 5 minutes walk from my house... Yes it looks pretty, but there's a good reason not many people live here.
Wow- that looks like a little piece of heaven!
Old 08-12-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I recommend anyone thinking of supplements see their doctor beforehand. Even the most natural of ingredients may interact with other meds, or be dangerous in untrained hands. What's worked for someone else may not work. or even be suitable. for you. D
I wasn't trying to give medical advice- I was suggesting he look into it. I think we all know to do our research before popping pills, I would hope so anyway.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you read back through any of my posts you'll see I'll always make this recommendation when someone mentions supplements SFL.

No personal judgement or offense meant.

D
Old 08-12-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Higher power ,
Asking for a sober Friday !
Old 08-12-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I want a sober Friday, too HP! And one for all of us.
Forester, you made a good choice! That is so beautiful. I love the ocean and use to have a goal of living there.
TGIF!!
Old 08-12-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend! Hope to see lots of posts today!
Old 08-12-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

That IS awesome for a place to live .
Old 08-12-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
If you read back through any of my posts you'll see I'll always make this recommendation when someone mentions supplements SFL. No personal judgement or offense meant. D
None taken, sorry Dee.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone- I am so glad it's the end of the week but not looking forward to organizing/cleaning my office- it's a nightmare!

Feeling good but very emotional these days. I could have cried for hours in my car yesterday, listening and singing to Ed Sheeran (especially the song "Gimme Love" for you fans out there.)Today I am tearing up looking at photos of my boys. I can't tell if they are happy, sad or overwhelmed tears.

Looking forward to DH being home all weekend. Plan on taking it easy tomorrow and maybe doing a beach day on Sunday.

Marriage counseling went well yesterday- I am very excited to see how this all unfolds. We each go back to see her individually in a week and a half. I broke down in therapy when DH said I am not happy and basically called me moody. I was hysterical for a few seconds when I voiced out loud all the pain I am going through- years of depression, coming to grips with being an alcoholic, kids that "drive me crazy" and a failing marriage. I said, "why would I walk around with a smile on my face?" I think he got the point. Look, I'm not a miserable person but man, I am dealing with a lot right now and if he doesn't understand why I am not happy then I don't know what else I can do.

Anyway, day 5 on my cleanse and being home today makes it really hard to keep from eating! I am so hungry but the cleanse is working. I don't weigh myself here (the scale just doesn't work in this house and shows me tons of different weights) but I'll check myself at the gym tomorrow. 5 more days to go and then I just might stick to the 2 smoothies at breakfast/lunch for a while. It makes it so much easier to not have to worry about grabbing lunch out or packing it in my cooler- I just make the smoothie in the morning and split it in 2 and stuff it in my cooler along with veggies.

Alright, enough rambling about food. Back to work!
Hugs to you all, hope you are all feeling good today..
Old 08-12-2016, 09:07 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Clove oil does the trick for keeping the mold at bay Optimist... I live in the tropics, put it on my wood furniture, around sinks, walls, anywhere that mold grows. Will hold it off for a few months. Best to clean up with bleach first though, it will stop spores from germinating but doesn't kill active colonies very well.

Sweet sober Friday here. Looking forward to the weekend. Yay!
Thanks Forester, but this is outdoors and I'd need a boat load of bleach and oil to tackle that! I wish I could :-)
Old 08-12-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Wow sunflower
I'm glad you got stuff out in the therapy session.
Most people have no idea what's going on inside the other person. I'm sure now, I mean 100 pct sure, I have no idea what's going on with my wife. 11 yrs this month, and after this year- in a recovery group, really finding out that my perception of things is way way off, there's NO possible way I could know how she ( or I) feel half the time. Lol

Anyway, wife's out of work today, both boys are sick, one ruptured eardrum, and one with just " the crud". 5 hrs of work left today. No PT work this weekend . Hoping for some rest. Play with the kids. Just live in the now, each day.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Sorry about the mold Optimist! That has to be aggravating.
I made it to this Cluster Forum prep meeting on time, and it turns out I am going to be in the skit! I will wear a sign saying, Hopeless and have a paper "bottle" of booze. I'll be all dressed in layers of black clothing. I walk from person to person in the skit, each of them represents a step and has the principle behind each step on a big sign. So, I go to the first step, take the persons hand, then take off one layer of the black clothing. I go to all twelve people like I'm going through the steps, and at the end I've taken off all the black clothing and am wearing a bright outfit with a sign that says, "Hope" and everyone cheers. I know it must sound silly, but I think it's fun and I'm excited about it.
I hope you're all doing well tonight. I love that it's already Friday where you are Forester. Even though I was off today, I'm SO looking forward to the weekend.
I don't think is sounds silly at all, Karen! Oftentimes, visuals can be so much more powerful than words. I'm excited for you :-)
Old 08-12-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Highest amount of activity yet. I wish I could get my head straight. I'm in a foggy cloud, losing things, it takes me 4 times longer to do things than 'normal.'

I need to wait for healing I guess. Also stress relief. I've got to start meditation. I need a mechanism to cope. Just regular things get me really frustrated and stressed.

I think Cute is right when it comes to belief. I believe in 'something,' Universe, whatever. It could be physics. I don't love the church, but that doesn't stop me from loving anyone here. I accept all colors, creeds, whatever. If you're not hurting anyone, you go!!! Our differences make us stronger.

I do know that when I 'put it out there.' That is when I put out the positivity it comes back to me. If I think positive, positive things randomly happen. I don't know what causes it. Also, when I shave and put on a nice shirt and get sobered up, the ladies start to smile at me and give me a coy looks. Heeelloooo :Val004
Healing will come Viper... I can relate to the forgetting things but, I am making progress. Today I went downstairs and forgot what I went down for BUT on my way back to the stairs, I remembered, LOL. That's progress!

Good for you on being so magnetic with the ladies!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Yup, right up the top there.

Here's the bay just 5 minutes walk from my house... Yes it looks pretty, but there's a good reason not many people live here.

Amazingly beautiful!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Sunflower, about where are you in FL? If you don't mind? On the coast?

I'd Love to go to Austrailia. I've been on some cool trips, that might be the best.
My ex and I spent some time in Australia and my favorite place was Cairns, but were were warned about the crock just off the boardwalk.
It was beautiful though.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Australia is my dream trip now since I've already been to Ireland to see some family as a kid. Hopefully one day.
It was a dream of mine long before I met my ex. I never dreamed it would actually happen. You'll get there, Cute :-)
Old 08-12-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Happy Friday everyone- I am so glad it's the end of the week but not looking forward to organizing/cleaning my office- it's a nightmare!

Feeling good but very emotional these days. I could have cried for hours in my car yesterday, listening and singing to Ed Sheeran (especially the song "Gimme Love" for you fans out there.)Today I am tearing up looking at photos of my boys. I can't tell if they are happy, sad or overwhelmed tears.

Looking forward to DH being home all weekend. Plan on taking it easy tomorrow and maybe doing a beach day on Sunday.

Marriage counseling went well yesterday- I am very excited to see how this all unfolds. We each go back to see her individually in a week and a half. I broke down in therapy when DH said I am not happy and basically called me moody. I was hysterical for a few seconds when I voiced out loud all the pain I am going through- years of depression, coming to grips with being an alcoholic, kids that "drive me crazy" and a failing marriage. I said, "why would I walk around with a smile on my face?" I think he got the point. Look, I'm not a miserable person but man, I am dealing with a lot right now and if he doesn't understand why I am not happy then I don't know what else I can do.

Anyway, day 5 on my cleanse and being home today makes it really hard to keep from eating! I am so hungry but the cleanse is working. I don't weigh myself here (the scale just doesn't work in this house and shows me tons of different weights) but I'll check myself at the gym tomorrow. 5 more days to go and then I just might stick to the 2 smoothies at breakfast/lunch for a while. It makes it so much easier to not have to worry about grabbing lunch out or packing it in my cooler- I just make the smoothie in the morning and split it in 2 and stuff it in my cooler along with veggies.

Alright, enough rambling about food. Back to work!
Hugs to you all, hope you are all feeling good today..
I'm so happy the counseling is going well, Sunflower. Baby steps...you are dealing with quite a bit. I know when I was going through a similar situation, so much going on and so stressed out (when I was sober) it helped me to write down everything I was losing sleep over and then do 1 thing each day, no matter how small, to resolve it. I think I just tackled one issue at a time but seeing on paper really helped me.

Great job on the cleanse!
Old 08-12-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

14 days today and I think my body and mind are making progress. Baby steps.

This heat is killing any energy I have to do anything outside or inside for that matter. I'm practically Amish - I have no air conditioning :-( We're supposed to get some relief this weekend with rain an cooler temps. Fortunately my pool is almost , finally fixed. I love my pool guy but he's not completely reliable when it comes to sticking to a scheduled time. He was here until almost midnight trying to get my pool done but instead of showing up at 8 like he promised, he showed up at 4 :-( He did stay until almost midnight though. He has to come back today to do a few more things and then it should be ready for swimmers. Yeah!!

I have a long weekend here and am looking forward to checking some stuff off my list. Just have to find the energy!

Hope everyone had a Fantastic Friday