Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 08-15-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wiscsober View Post
doing ok catching up on your all's posts...motivating...volunteer now at community gardens
That sounds wonderful. Flower or vegetable garden?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Thanks for reminding me this could be temporary. The Affordable Care Act ended up being a joke because it was watered down so much. The opposition made it meaningless except for the pre existing condition clause which is huge.

To get close to what I have now, I'd have to earn UNDER $15,000 a year.. Since a latte in Connecticut costs $1,800, and almost everyone I know makes well over 6 figures, I cannot support myself on that. The cheap plans have a $5000 deductible, high copays etc. With the disability designation I get good healthcare for free (dental and eye care are bad). Plus I can go to school under state programs for nothing. I was thinking of a trade school because my Ivy League degree doesn't get a paycheck anymore. Companies hire the least qualified and educated people they can find (kind of true).

Anyway, I'm caught in the Welfare Trap. I cannot ever get my designation back again without 6 doctors and 3 lawyers. I won it in Federal Court to begin with.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that about Connecticut ACA Viper. It's different here in Cal.

Hang in there, our emotions and physical discomforts are very up and down while our brains are rewiring.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:51 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in today. I took today as a vacation day so I'll be getting a few more things done around here, mostly boxing up stuff and donating what I don't need.

I'm loving the cooler weather, but bummed too, because now that my pool is ready, it's too chilly to swim. I'm such a whiner, LOL.

Better get started...I'll check in later..oh, yeah, Day 17 :-)
Old 08-15-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Quick check in- doing well except for a serious case of he Mondays. Also stressed about work and not enjoying that feeling at all. My manager is flying in to work with me the next few days and I am dreading it. I really hate feeling like I am being supervised. I am sure I am over thinking it but still I would prefer to go about my week without her tagging along. Oh well, that's life! Cleanse is going well- on day 8 and down about 6 lbs. very happy about that
Old 08-15-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Viper
That inflammation is may still be there, just numbed when you drink. I know I had a lot of issues every time I stopped drinking, but it's worth it to be sober and not die early. In any case, I hope it gets better for you.

Sponsor gave me a book- 'search for serenity'.
Looking forward to reading. Feel terrible today. Think it's a ear infection maybe. Awful dizzy. I started getting them when I used earplugs to try to sleep when I started trying to stop drinking 2 yrs ago. I don't use them anymore, but I'm feeling too crappy to correctly identify what I might have ! Lol
Sober. Dizzy. Can't remember the day count. In line to get son at school. Then Dr checkup on 3 yr olds ruptured eardrum. Just doing life today.
Glad I went to a meeting this morning.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Day 26. Busy weekend was good for me. I hope everyone had amazing weekends and wil have a positive week.
Old 08-15-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Sun, I have a boss that tags along 2 days every month . Makes me feel like a bug under a microscope. I can't stand it. I usually would drink the 2nd evening, ugh.
CnG- Glad you had a good wkend. JL, man little ones catch everything don't they?

AV started the minute I woke up. I think because I didn't sleep well.

I was rudely awakened by a retching cat with a hairball.
Old 08-15-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

yeah I need to let the brain heal up. And my body. I'd imagine things have to get better. However there is a physical thing that maybe booze was numbing.

California tends to have the best social services. CT is definitely very good. Massachusetts actually has socialized medicine, to a great extent.

It's a tough trap and scary to imagine myself without the safety net.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Got sick today- fever dizzy, blah blah.
Wife took kids fishing at the lake. I got inspired by the book I'm reading, got out of bed dizzy and went down to the lake. Had a good quality hr, catching bream with them.
We don't normally have good quality hrs together . I'm sick as hell so I'm not talking. My wife's baiting hooks and fishing a little- she's not talking much. We noticed none of each other's stuff that makes us fuss and mouth off at each other.
I might die tomorrow, but today I've been given a gift.
A vision of what life is like without alcohol in it. None of my crazy alcoholic thinking wrecked anything.
Living in the now.
Thank you higher power
Old 08-15-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

JL2014 - get well soon!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:29 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting everyone, I love to hear what's going on with you all. I am so tired, I can't respond, but I'm wishing you all well. Long day, but a good one. Sober!
Sweet dreams.
Old 08-15-2016, 06:36 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Well I just got home from a five day trip. First traveling done during sobriety and it went great. I had a fantastic time with some old friends. A few small urges but nothing to bad. We really can do the things we love without alcohol and have a great time. Hoping all of you the best.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

When I finish posting this I'll be asleep in 2 minutes. I'll wake to day 43. I have no idea how I got here and really don't care. It seems to be happening all around me as opposed to me putting forth some great effort. I think it could go either way, but with me, that's when I know something is taking hold. I could never quit cigarettes until one day I just didn't want them anymore and it was painless to stop. Later on I'd smoke a few every time I drank, but never got hooked again. That's not the case with booze though. I think I'll be a 'never again' guy as opposed to a 'one day at a time' person.

I'm starting a new regimen of supplements tonight. L-Lysine, Vitamin B Complex, Fish Oil, and Rhodiola Rosea. Lysine is an amino acid for the immune system, B complex for stress, the fish oil is an ultra high potency formula for depression, joints etc., and the Rhodiola is supposedly an amazing anxiety reducer and curbs cortisol and andrenalin production from stress. We'll see. All ultra high quality, Whole Foods had 25% off all supplements yesterday. If I don't like the stuff, it's money back guaranty. I'm sober enough to stick to it for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Night
Old 08-16-2016, 03:53 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Up at 3 am. Can't wait for this sleep stuff to subside. It's a good day tho. Day 20!!!
Old 08-16-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
When I finish posting this I'll be asleep in 2 minutes. I'll wake to day 43. I have no idea how I got here and really don't care. It seems to be happening all around me as opposed to me putting forth some great effort. I think it could go either way, but with me, that's when I know something is taking hold. I could never quit cigarettes until one day I just didn't want them anymore and it was painless to stop. Later on I'd smoke a few every time I drank, but never got hooked again. That's not the case with booze though. I think I'll be a 'never again' guy as opposed to a 'one day at a time' person. I'm starting a new regimen of supplements tonight. L-Lysine, Vitamin B Complex, Fish Oil, and Rhodiola Rosea. Lysine is an amino acid for the immune system, B complex for stress, the fish oil is an ultra high potency formula for depression, joints etc., and the Rhodiola is supposedly an amazing anxiety reducer and curbs cortisol and andrenalin production from stress. We'll see. All ultra high quality, Whole Foods had 25% off all supplements yesterday. If I don't like the stuff, it's money back guaranty. I'm sober enough to stick to it for a couple of weeks and see what happens. Night
I know what you mean V- sometimes it just clicks and we know when we are done and moving on. You sound good- glad to hear you have found some nutritional aids. I also started Rhodiola last week. Had bought a bottle last year for my husband but he never took it. Hoping it works well for both of us.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Got sick today- fever dizzy, blah blah. Wife took kids fishing at the lake. I got inspired by the book I'm reading, got out of bed dizzy and went down to the lake. Had a good quality hr, catching bream with them. We don't normally have good quality hrs together . I'm sick as hell so I'm not talking. My wife's baiting hooks and fishing a little- she's not talking much. We noticed none of each other's stuff that makes us fuss and mouth off at each other. I might die tomorrow, but today I've been given a gift. A vision of what life is like without alcohol in it. None of my crazy alcoholic thinking wrecked anything. Living in the now. Thank you higher power
Sounds like an amazing day minus the cold, your gratitude is inspiring. Hope today is just as good for you.
Old 08-16-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

https://www.facebook.com/viralthread...8016537340188/
Hope you can see this. Happy day all..
Old 08-16-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Sunflower! Ha! What a coincidence. I started all of the new stuff last night except the B. Probably not a good idea to take B at bedtime. This morning I'm going to take my second round of things.

Yes, when you know it's right to stop... It's like a brief window of opportunity that if you seize on that day, it's 'easy' to just stay on track. The suffering is still there but you just don't think about it. Opposed to struggling through each day, which is the way it works most of the time. Its a blessing when those windows come.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Way to go Penny ! 20 days. !!