Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 7

Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hi All! I just had a giggle, my quit date was April Fools, hmm. It is great not being a fool anymore with alcohol!
Suzie, sounds like a great vacation and exciting work things. I remind myself to enjoy the stimulation of work often, a changed mind set does wonders on how I approach things.

Hey Charlie have you ever heard about Xero?, it is really amazing cloud based tool and growing rapidly and I know many people who are making great business strides offering this with there own finance knowledge to customers, google it anyway - you never know.

Winslow sounds like you are getting back and I am so pleased. Well done Josec. Hi Midwest, stargazer the beautiful Tati and early riser Kopfan, I always know my work day is at an end when you write good morning!

and a hello to Dee sorry if I missed anyone. Although I was thinking April is a pretty small group compared to some of the other class months, that means none of us can leave ok? hehe.
Old 08-23-2016, 05:44 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hi Dickensen!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I'm back in it Ring,I just still keep kicking myself and wondering what I could have done differently, once you let yourself derail it's hard to get the train back on the track ya know? I was proud of myself and thinking that I was accomplishing something, now I'm a little afraid of the future and how I'll cope when I get that crazy urge again, hope everyone has a nice night
Old 08-24-2016, 01:05 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Four months today. Because I'm worth it.

I've had problems with self esteem in the past and since I stopped drinking they've disappeared. The bravado that alcohol gave me stored up long term depression and feelings of worthlessness.

I'm happier than I've been since I can ever remember.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-24-2016, 01:07 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Congratulations Kopfan!! 4 months is awesome
Old 08-24-2016, 01:15 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Kopfan

D
Old 08-24-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hi. It's midday already. Just having lunch - a vegetable frittata and melon.

Winslow - I have a training plan set up. 3 runs a week until the big one. Did another 7k this morning which is on plan but will be increasing that soon. Need to get up to 20k which is scary. I do like running because I feel so good after. It's hard to get out knowing you have hard work to do though isn't it? I don't know if they do it over there but I think it's a global thing. Every Saturday morning at 9am thousands of people here at hundreds of locations do a parkrun. It's managed by volunteers and is a free timed event. It was the first group run I ever did and I loved it. Only problem is it clashes with my sons football so I don't get to do it much now.

ring - thank you I'll look into that xero thing. I've not heard of it.

josec - I hate the way I feel the morning after and sometimes when I am tempted it is the thought of the anxiety the next day that puts me off. Even if there's no hangover I always feel extremely anxious.

Our kids have another week and a half before they are back in school. I need to get all their stuff next week. It's been a struggle this year sorting out childcare. I'll be glad when they are back in school.

I'm having a good day so far - feeling better than the other day. Massive thank you for your support. xx
Old 08-24-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Congratulations Kopfan for 4 months without booze. Also, thanks for your insightful comments.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Congratulations Kopfan!

Charliesworld- I am happy you ran this morning!! 7k is really good. I think you will be ready for the half marathon before you know it. It is really rewarding...I think you have to be mentally strong to run. I think that is part of my problem. I need to push through with it but instead I give up and walk. I need to remember to breathe. lol.

Good luck to everyone who is getting their kids back in school. I know that is a hectic time. I don't have any kids but I am sure it is hard to get back on a regular schedule. Not to mention all the homework they send kids home with.
Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hey all, congratulations Kopfan!! Charlie, good on the running, I think that running/walking is one of the keys to sobriety, it's a goal and something to strive for, I am going to be a Nana again in March! It didn't really hit me until last night I was looking through a catalog and seen all the baby stuff, holy smokes, it's time to get serious and in gratitude mode,no negative thoughts! Midwest, luckily I only have one son still in school, oh wow that was hectic when I had all four going, Jose,great job on getting through those ugly thoughts! Trust me, you don't want to go back,the reality doesn't match the fantasy and whatever we think can be solved by drinking won't be,waste of money,time and calories in my opinion and experience, plus the powerless feeling, OMG I forgot how powerless drinking makes me,I can't drive, I can't eat,I can't do anything, I think I'll keep my power.hello to all,lets have a wonderful Wednesday
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Congratulations on being a nana again Winslow!! That is very exciting.

I just saw on the news that a woman won 10.7 million dollars on a penny machine in Las Vegas. I hope it was you Winslow.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Haha I wish Midwest! She won that with only a $3 bet! Amazing, I hardly ever gamble too many bad habits/memories associated with it
Old 08-24-2016, 07:31 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey all, congratulations Kopfan!! Charlie, good on the running, I think that running/walking is one of the keys to sobriety, it's a goal and something to strive for, I am going to be a Nana again in March! It didn't really hit me until last night I was looking through a catalog and seen all the baby stuff, holy smokes, it's time to get serious and in gratitude mode,no negative thoughts! Midwest, luckily I only have one son still in school, oh wow that was hectic when I had all four going, Jose,great job on getting through those ugly thoughts! Trust me, you don't want to go back,the reality doesn't match the fantasy and whatever we think can be solved by drinking won't be,waste of money,time and calories in my opinion and experience, plus the powerless feeling, OMG I forgot how powerless drinking makes me,I can't drive, I can't eat,I can't do anything, I think I'll keep my power.hello to all,lets have a wonderful Wednesday
I hear you loud and clear and congratz on being a nana again.... Winslow.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Congratulations Kopfan!

Charliesworld- I am happy you ran this morning!! 7k is really good. I think you will be ready for the half marathon before you know it. It is really rewarding...I think you have to be mentally strong to run. I think that is part of my problem. I need to push through with it but instead I give up and walk. I need to remember to breathe. lol.

Good luck to everyone who is getting their kids back in school. I know that is a hectic time. I don't have any kids but I am sure it is hard to get back on a regular schedule. Not to mention all the homework they send kids home with.
you are right about the homework. lol
Old 08-24-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
Morning Everyone!

Four months today. Because I'm worth it.

I've had problems with self esteem in the past and since I stopped drinking they've disappeared. The bravado that alcohol gave me stored up long term depression and feelings of worthlessness.

I'm happier than I've been since I can ever remember.

Congratz on 4 months.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
Congratulations on 138 days Josec!!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Josec

My brain fog started to get better after 3-4 months so I hope you'll see improvement soon
D
Thanks Dee, I am really looking forward for the fog to finally leave me, forever. I don't think we tell you Thanks enough.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:31 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

Although I'll confess that I don't know what "normal" feels like after spending the whole of my life getting drunk this feels like normal as can be.

Four months. Four months to shake the monkey off your back. Even if I didn't consider myself an alcoholic as in all day everyday drinking, to take four months to recover from its effects indicates there was a big problem doesn't it.

Only over the past couple of days have I woken up and not thought about if I'd had a drink, if I wanted a drink, if I was going to have a drink or anything at all about drink. Those thoughts have faded away like a bad dream.

In the early days they plagued me from when I woke up to when I went to bed. They've mainly gone, only to be triggrered by the constant brainwashing on TV or my next door neighbour sitting in the sunshine with his pint.

Probably the best lager in the world, brewed in Denmark, served in a chalice. Time stands still at the Thatcher farm. Time for the pub after cricket, the perfect pint, Beer made of more. Drink beer, drink beer, drink beer.

Ah yes. Sitting in the sunshine with a pint of cool refreshing lager. Droplets descend down the glass and reflect the sunlight. Not a cloud in the perfect blue sky. It's so alluring. Just a pint eh? Just one won't hurt, you've earnt it today, working so hard tucked away in your office. Go and join him. Kick back with a beer and let the world's troubles slide away.

Last summer was the first time I joined my new neighbours in the garden "for a pint". I ended up slashing my hand open when I fell on my whisky glass late in the evening and totally embarrassed myself. But that was only after the husband told me he managed to break his back falling down the stairs the year before in a drunken stupor.

Just one pint huh? On the surface it seems such a reasonable, social thing to do. Does he stop drinking when he goes inside? Both you and I know the answer to that one and it ain't such a pretty picture then.

I think I'll pass. Lets not kick the wasps nest.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a great day! It's gorgeous in the midwest. The tornados were close to my mom yesterday but everyone is okay.

I made cream puffs yesterday from scratch. They were really good. I tossed and turned from the sugar though. Thats my own fault. lol.

Kopfan- thanks for your post....It really hit home!

I don't have any plans today...maybe the gym and read. I am definitely not baking anything. lol.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Hello friends, Midwest, send me a cream puff!! My favorite, that and eclairs,Kopfan,great post,In my case it's not so much the enticing look or taste of the beer,it's more of a fantasy of " oh I'm so stressed out, let me just have a few to smooth the edges out,or oh I'm so depressed and I want to be in a good mood, let me just have a few to give me a little spark" or the fantasy of just plain being tanked,there's never just a few,never, much love to all, lets have a great day!