Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 7

Old 08-01-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ginger beer gets my vote as well! Definitely try it Midwest especially ice cold. It's a bit of an acquired taste and I also like it for that reason - cans don't mysteriously vanish like other soft drinks.

My kids won't drink it!

Goodnight everyone!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

It's like a strong ginger ale! Yummy. And hey if your kids won't drink it- more for you
Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

thanks Kopfan and Kittycat. I'll have to try it.

I got the yard mowed. It is kinda choppy because it was so high....it should look really good after I get a chance to go over it again. I sprayed the weeds with round up too. I cleaned house and did laundry. I stayed busy all day. lol.

I don't think I realized how cloudy my brain was and how icky I really felt drinking. I feel awesome now. I am glad I gave it up. I am probably on day 57 or something like that.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hit 100 days today(again) allergies bugging though so hard to be too excited, Midwest, great job on 57 days,off to rest my sinuses grrr
Old 08-01-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congrats Winslow and Midwest on your sober days! Y'all are both awesome 😀❤️
Old 08-01-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I agree, congrats!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by charliesworld View Post
Hi everyone. I'm so glad to see most of you are doing well. Tati - you need to concentrate on getting yourself well. If that means a doctor then go. How amazing are you, feeling the way you are now and not drinking!!!

I've not been on for a while and I was going to apologise but it's not because I couldn't be bothered, it's just been because I haven't really thought about it I've just been getting on with life and it's been good. My life now is incredibly busy. I don't have a day where I don't have things to do. Yesterday I took my boys out on a day out with some of their friends from school - mums I've met and made good friends of because I've bee able to spend time with them. When I was drinking it would have been impossible - I would have been constantly thinking when can I get home and drink. It was a brilliant day. We stayed in the place until they chucked us out lol.

I had a drunk dream last night and it was awful. I've woken up and it still feels like it was true. It's ridiculously early but I didn't want to stay in bed thinking about it.

I go on holiday next week for 2 weeks and am looking forward to that. It's the 6 week summer holidays here and I'm struggling with childcare for my boys. I've had to take more time off work than I wanted to. The guilt of that probably contributed to my drunk dream because part of it was that I'd been told to do some stuff but then couldn't remember what it was because I'd been drinking.

I have to say I am jealous of those of you losing weight. I'm struggling big time on that front.

Have a lovely weekend people
Maybe THATS the silver lining in all this chaos. I'm STILL sober! You'd think Raylin (My AV) would be up to her crafty ways during times like this, but she hasn't. I just think about the hangover anxiety and guilt, and it COMPLETELY turns me off. The fact that being drunk is SO temporary kills the allure of drinking for me. Because I know by the next day I will end feeling a BILLION times worse then I do now, and I don't want to go through that. Anyway I'm so glad things are going well for you!! I'm struggling on the weight front to. It sucks I'm not gaining any weight, and I haven't gained the weight I lost, but staying consistent is the hardest part for me. I enjoy eating healthy to and cooking, but when I'm feeling depressed I'm not motivated to cook or workout, so I end up eating junk or NOTHING at all. When my anxiety gets severe my appetite is non existent.
Old 08-01-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks guys!

Congratulations on 100 days Winslow.
thats great!!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Tati-
I am proud of you for playing the tape forward. That really works for me too.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Congrats winslow and midwest!!!

I happy to report that i'm feeling A LOT better. Omg the last two weeks were UNREAL. I was a MESS emotionally to put it mildly. I really can't put it into words what I was experiencing. I was CONSUMED with thoughts of death and worst case scenarios. I was afraid to turn off the lights in my room at night. I was staying up for days on end. I was panic stricken walking around my apartment because we found one water bug in the kitchen WEEKS ago. The exterminator came, and we sprayed bug spray at all the entry points, so there was no REAL reason for me to paranoid. Anyway I got my xanax refilled (I know, I know) AND aunt flo came for her monthly visit two days. HOLY. ****. It was like the stress just floated down my entire body and exited out of my feet. For the first time in WEEKS I wasn't scared to go to sleep or walk around my apartment. I wasn't dwelling on death. The tension in my shoulders just vanished. It was SOOOO nice. I gave my mom my bottle of xanax. I told her to hide it for me, and give me ONLY what I was prescribed. Because I'm not going through this **** again. I know benzos are controversial and addictive, but at this moment in time I need them. When I get on a good med regimen I will taper off them. I've done it before. The pms on top of the withdrawals is what messed me up to. I have really HORRIBLE PMS. I think myPMS was affecting me more then not taking xanax tbh. I hate that I have to go through this **** every month just so I can give birth to a snot nose brat (thats mean I know. I have nothing against kids lol. I just hate my uterus). I would get a hysterectomy tomorrow if I could. Not everyone wants to have kids. I have VERY valid reasons for not wanting kids. I wish dr's would let woman make their own choices.

I'm a loner to. I need to stop isolating though. I had a therapist call me snob once lmao. This was when I was like 21 to. I've always been like this looool. I told him I am NOT a snob. I just don't have any patience, and most people are REALLY annoying AND mean. So because i'm picky about the company I choose to hang around with that makes me a snob? People are EXHAUSTING. Socializing is not fun to me, because people are mostly fake anyway. I'm a true introvert what can I say. I'm not rude though. If someone strikes up a conversation with me I'll talk. I'm not a uppity or mean person. I'm just......I don't know. It's just hard for me to connect with people I guess. All my friendships and relationships have always been one sided. So I'm kind of cynical in that regard. I'd love to have a group of close knit friends though, and a boyfriend who legitimately cares about me. I doubt it'll happen though. Such is life.

I baked low carb almond, cinnamon cookies tonight midwest I messed up the first batch by adding too much butter, and baking SODA instead of baking POWDER. There IS a difference . Anyway I remade them with less butter and baking powder and the came out perfect. I hate wasting food though. Almond powder is NOT cheap.

Thanks midwest!!
Old 08-01-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Hi guys, I am just checking in. I'm going to a party tonight where I've been invited as a guest - nervous about it, it's at a private residence and I don't know the host ....eek! I am not tempted to drink but I do long for the numbness alcohol would bring. Arg!!

And my mom just said a really insensitive thing to me that hurt my feelings- given that and my nerves I just erupted into tears!

Deep breaths.....getting through all this sober but damn not easy
I've been in situations like this. You will be fine. If the party gets too intense for you it's okay to leave. Your sobriety is the most important. Mother's can be really annoying sometimes. They really know how to rub it in. You should call her on it. Respectfully of course
Old 08-01-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Does anyone have like one specific song that triggers a craving? There's this one song by The Weeknd (Yes thats how he spells it lol. He's an R&B singer) called "Often" that WITHOUT fail triggers an intense craving. I dunno what it is about that damn song. I used to listen to music while getting plastered and most of the songs I listened to drunk don't bother me at all when I listen to them sober, but THAT one song just puts me in the mood to drink. Strange how that happens. Here's the song if anyone is curious lol. Warning the song is EXTREMELY sexually explicit . I was listening to his other songs while cleaning, and I didn't realize Often was next on the playlist. Thats why I brought it up. When It came on I was just like FUUUUDGE this was my jam when I was getting bombed! lmao. I want a vodka apple. (I don't really thats just the initial thought that came in my head when the song started)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPIhUaONiLU
Old 08-02-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Afternoon Everyone!

100 Days. I never thought I'd ever get this far but here I am!

Tati- After about 80 days I noticed my music taste suddenly changed overnight and gone were the dour singer songwriter ballads I always used to get drunk to.

Now I steer clear of any miserable music because that is something I associate with drinking. Now I like chillout house!

Congrats Midwest on 57! I think once you get to around 80 days the worst is over and things start to return to normal. Though I've never experienced normal and I don't know what it is!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-02-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Kopfan- congratulations on 100 days! Our class is moving right along!

Tati- the almond cinnamon cookies sound wonderful!! Sorry to hear about the first batch. That happens. One day I was doubling a recipe and almost forgot to double the eggs. I caught it just in time. Last week I made strawberry oatmeal bars. They were really good. I also took a ride out into amish country and went to a amish grocery store. They sold baked goods and baking supplies really cheap! You may want to google amish grocery stores in your area. They sale the almond flour, coconut flour, lots of spices and ton more!! I am going to go back soon.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hey all,congratulations Kopfan!!100 big days woo-hoo,Tati,"I can't feel my face" is triggery for me cuz I listened to it all last summer when I was starting/stopping/starting, still a great song though, I wish I could tolerate antihistamine pills, I'm dying here again! My nose feels sewn shut,my eyes are watery,grrrr,doc always gives the same protocol, claritin((feel poisoned) antibiotics((hurt my tummy) flonase(anxiety) mucinex(feel jittery) so I suffer, for some reason it's just particularly bad these past 2 days,ph well it'll pass,hope we all have an easy day
Old 08-02-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congrats to you too Winslow - 100 days as well!
Old 08-02-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi all, Just wanted to drop a hello and congratz to everyone. I am tried today had a bad night. We had a storm and it killed my air conditioner at 2 am. It was hot and messed up my sleep. I was able to reset the breakers and the compressor kick back on and started cooling the place by almost 3 am. Was able to fall asleep again only to wake up at 5 to go to work.

I feel like a walking zombie. lol
Old 08-02-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all on your accomplishments. The body and brain continues to adjust to not drinking. Left Glacier N.P. today. Headed east back to Illinois. Feel great.
Old 08-02-2016, 10:26 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Congrats kopfan and Winslow
Old 08-02-2016, 02:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congrats Kopfan and Winslow!