SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2016 Part 7 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/395140-class-april-2016-part-7-a.html)

Dee74 07-27-2016 04:03 AM

Class of April 2016 Part 7

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-6-a-20.html

D

suzie89 07-27-2016 04:13 AM

Thanks, Dee :)

dickensen 07-27-2016 06:00 AM

On my way to Glacier National Park in NW Montana. Left Galena, IL yesterday and traveled to a state park in Jasper, MN. Stopped at Pipestone National Monument. Woke up refreshed and ready to go. Onto Badlands National Park in South Dakota today.

Winslow 07-27-2016 06:33 AM

Hey all, I think Dee and I were posting at the same time earlier cuz when I hit submit it said thread closed haha,anyway just said Tati I'm happy to hear from you, Suzie, it's great you were able to talk with that mom,she probably needed a shoulder to lean on for a bit,man,it takes a lot of strength to deal with a child going through all of that,can't and don't want to imagine it,Kopfan,I too need to work on ditching the carbs,also sugar I recently started treating myself to treats and I think it's triggering alcohol cravings, that and I've been drinking milk lately, usually only drink almond milk but figured what the heck and it seems like after that is when things got worse, hope we all have a great day back later

Winslow 07-27-2016 06:35 AM

Dickensen,sounds like a lovely trip

Belier 07-27-2016 02:13 PM

Hi Everyone: 4 months, what a journey. So many positives, internal changes, I am excited about my future and the healing that is no doubt taking place in my brain. I can feel it. Positive thoughts for all of you. I also think we are very brave and strong to be owning this and working for a better life :grouphug:

Winslow 07-27-2016 04:29 PM

Congratulations on 4 months ring

Dee74 07-27-2016 04:52 PM

Congrats Ring :)

D

kopfan 07-27-2016 10:22 PM

Morning Everyone!

Congrats on four months Ring - a major accomplishment.

Have a great day everyone!

Tati 07-28-2016 12:34 AM

Congratz ring!!! :)

It's almost 3:30 am here in PA. I'm so sleep deprived and I've been crying for the past 20 mins. I'm just so angry because nothing in life makes sense to me anymore. I don't want to be blindsided by life again. I don't want to see my mom sick anymore. I don't want to have to worry about my brother getting gunned down by a cop. Life is just so scary and painful. What is the silver lining in all this chaos?!?! Is life really worth living? I just don't know anymore 😔 I hope everyone has a good day.

Dee74 07-28-2016 12:55 AM

Hi Tati

I can only imagine what it's like to deal with stuff like that. I really hope you can find some peace.

D

suzie89 07-28-2016 03:36 AM

Tati, I'm sorry you had a sleepless, anxious night. And I wish I had some words to make you feel better. I know you have a support network here, but I just wish you can find that in person in PA. I wonder if you must feel so isolated being your Moms sole caretaker. I just know you shoulder so much. Wishing you strength and peace.

Ring, wow. Congratulations! I hope you feel every bit of accomplishment that you should! I'm thrilled for you :)

Winslow, we finally booked our hotel in Vegas and condo in Oceanside CA. I'm so ready for vacation!! Less than 2 weeks now. The kids are super excited.

Dickenson, your trip sounds just lovely. It sounds like an awesome place for some peaceful sober time with lots of inspiring views.

Everyone else, hi and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Midwest1981 07-28-2016 06:02 AM

Dickensen- I hope you have a great time in the badlands. My brother went there last year. Have a safe trip home. Traffic has been a nightmare everywhere I have been lately.

Ring- congratulations on 4 months!!! That is amazing. :You_Rock_

Suzie- I hope you and your family have a great time out west. I know this vacation has been a long time coming!

Tati- I hope things get better for you. I know you worry about your mom a lot and it's scary when things are out of your control. we are here for you when you need to get anything out.

I weighed myself last week and I was up three pounds. It was water weight now I am down 6 pounds....so I have lost 23 total! So nice not to have to squeeze in clothes. Just throw them on and they fit. Shopping is easier too!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Thank you all for your support.:grouphug:

Winslow 07-28-2016 06:57 AM

Hey all, Midwest I'm totally jealous! Good for you though on the weight loss, just a quick hello from me this morning, pressed for time, feel better Tati,wish I could help somehow, have a great day all

dickensen 07-28-2016 07:04 AM

Congratulations Ring for 4 months - a great achievement.

dickensen 07-28-2016 07:11 AM

Stayed at Badlands National Park yesterday. The wind was fierce so I gave up on the tent and slept in the van. Saw a total of eight Bighorn Sheep and lots of Prairie Dogs. Onto Devils Tower in Wyoming today. With no drinking (115 days) feel great.

Winslow 07-28-2016 03:16 PM

Sounds so fun Dickensen,your sober days are even with the temperature here today! Great for you,awful and stuck in the house for me,enjoy your trip lucky

Midwest1981 07-28-2016 04:37 PM

Winslow- Did I tell you I camped in Las Vegas in a pop up when it was 115? it was so hot!! no air in the pop up. I hope you are staying cool.

Congrats on 115 days Dickensen!

Belier 07-28-2016 04:44 PM

Thanks all and Congrats Dickensen!
I have never been to a meeting, but have been reading the book Dry and found one today near by, hmm, I seem to have a very solid plan, but I am thinking it would not hurt to add this and just explore. thoughts?

Belier 07-28-2016 04:48 PM

Just further even to be considering this, I had such bad anxiety just a few months ago that I could hardly leave the house or cross a road! talking to just anyone sent me red and flustered. Amazing how things are changing, I just want to really give myself the best chance ever!