Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 25

Old 10-14-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Wecome back, aussie! Glad you got some r&r.

Yes, babs, We were going through a real rough patch last time around. We started in on couples counseling, and one day I came upon a program online that changed my outlook, and it's been working since. Of course there will always be famiky issues of one sort or another, so I am content to mentor my kids when needed and to develop myself and my interests and perceive my marriage for the partnership that it is rather than wishing it was something else. All I can do is my part, right? Thanks for asking!

Day 11 has begun. Doing final preps for my clients and agents to have a successful 4th quarter, and studying forman upcoming exam. Having a cookout on Sundayfor my son home from overseas before his next military assignment. And enjoying the moderate climate.

Sobriety feels good. Brainwaves are still settling into place, but the body is relieved to be mending.

Have a great day and weekend, all!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Lofty, Dee is so right (of course). We get it. It takes what it takes, and we know that from firsthand experience. The only thing I think when I see you here is how much I'm pulling for you.

Aussie, I'm so happy to hear YOUR happy coming through! That's awesome.

Mirage, have you seen Sully yet? We're thinking of seeing it for date night tonight. Any thoughts? Tom Hanks rarely disappoints.

Hi Babs and Dee!

My best friend's daughter is going through some pretty serious health stuff ... stuff including excruciating pain and no answers. I am considering flying down to help out for a few days, if it would actually BE a help. That would not be possible, physically, mentally, or emotionally, if I weren't sober. So many others benefit from our sobriety.

Last night I ended up leading our Recovery Bible Study, too, on the fly. I am grateful for the ability to step in and facilitate something like that well. My job has taught me those skills. I was talking with a friend this morning, and I always tell her how AA has made me better at my job. She pointed out that, this time, my job helped me with AA. It's all holistic, isn't it? Everything affects everything.

All the ladies from our AA meeting are going out for lunch after the meeting today. It should be fun!
Old 10-14-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, PBC!

Hey, mirage, sorry I thought I was reading babs post when I responded. But, yes, things are better, mostly because I changed my responses and expectations. But, as we all know, relationships of any kind are a moving organism and all have their ups and downs. I am just not letting much get me negative anymore, as I can only really control me and my responses, right?
Old 10-14-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 11 is being a little bug in my butt. Irritable, grumpy and wanting to drink. Also tired since I tossed and turned all night. Trying to plow through. Would take a nap if I had the time. Ugh. Waiting for tomorrow to be a better day.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:54 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning. Day 12. Yesterday was tough. I couldve crawled in bed at 6:30. But, I forgot my wife had tix to the comedy club. So we ate some dinner and went. Glad I did. Saw 3 great comics. Tha headliner, Jon Morgan, was as funny, spontaneous and original as Robin Williams. Great show. It was even better sober since the wit was so quick. Ive been to about 6 shows since the club opened about 3 miles from us, and this guy brought the house down more than any other. I told my wife my jaw was cramped from laughing so hard and she said thats what all the girls in the ladies room were saying after the show. This club also has sober shows for us in recovery every now and then, though Ive never been.

I was glad I went because I needed the laughs. And today is a new day.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your friends daughter PBC.
Hope the party went well mirage

glad the day got better Lofty

Good to see you Babs and Aussie D
Old 10-15-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

The comedy night sounds like so much fun, Lofty! I haven't been to one of those in too long. I need to go, too!

Mirage said we needed to post some pictures to liven things up, so here are a few from the fall fest we went to last night. There was a professional pumpkin carving thing going on (who knew that was a profession? Huh.) and it was super-cool!
Attached Images
Old 10-15-2016, 05:36 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

And this.
Attached Images
Old 10-15-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I tried to post a couple more, but the system thought they were duplicates and wouldn't let me. Razzle frazzle.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

hi everyone ~
PBC oh man, thanks for sharing. I loved those carvings. Gosh I can't even draw
a straight line little alone carve something so clever.
Babs
Old 10-15-2016, 09:02 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Awesome pics, PBC..thanks!!

I'm glad you're navigating your way to less conflict, Lofty. That sounds like healthy stuff right there. Happy for you.

All went well last night and the kiddos had a good time, too!
Old 10-15-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Oh, and no PBC, I haven't seen Sully yet, but I'd like to.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 12 comes to a close. Sleepy eyes are prevailing. Glad I am usually getting better sleep. But, I definitely feel the stress in my face, jaw and neck at the end of the day this past week.

Sweet dreams, everyone!
Old 10-15-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hopefully things will improve Lofty - congrats on day 12
D
Old 10-16-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Lucky 13 here. I will be reading a passage at church this morning at the installation of our new pastor, and then a hamburger & hot dog cookout for my Army son, who returns to base on Friday. Its been great having him home. My close friends and neighbors will probably notice I wont be drinking, but they've seen that before, so no big deal. Feel rested this morning, and its a beaut of a day here.

Hope your Sunday is great! Carry on, with laughter and joy!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

you also Lofty===have a great day !
Hi everyone !
Babs
Old 10-17-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Day 14 today. Yesterday was a fun day. Good company, both at church and at our cookout for my son. Lots of fun. Had my decaf iced green tea in a Yeti-style cup, so no one knew for sure what I was drinking, though I'm sure some noticed me sober. No one said anything.

So...tomorrow is my appointment with my counselor and is the end of his original challenge to me. But, not the end of my challenge to myself. I will continue on this path. What difference has 2 weeks made? A few. The bags under my eyes are gone. I am getting solid sleep. Anxiety at first got a little high, but is now leveld off, lower than before. I keep my head about me. I am not unpredictably unapproachable by my family. I have spent some time in my studies. I 've both produced more work, and better quality work. I am not so desparately worried abut my finances and future.

I still have quite a way to go, but I am willing to do so, with help from others and the blessing of God.

Thanks for being here! SMART meeting this afternoon and an ADD support group event tonight. It's a good day.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

I love reading how you're doing, Lofty! Both the stress and the positivity, honestly, because they are both normal human emotions that we're supposed to feel and not numb. It took me a while to *get* that, and it's still hard sometimes, but my coping capacities have increased an awful lot. I'd kind of forgotten how to deal with emotions at the end of my drinking, because I'd buried them for so long. Now I remember, and I know they both won't do me in nor will they stick forever. I can get through them, one day at a time. Sometimes one hour at a time.

It's a beautiful day here today! Work was awesome ... I love my job. Hugs to you all!
Old 10-17-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
orangutan

2 MONTHS TODAY

I am ready for the children this Halloween, we have bought some treats , this thing is getting bigger here .
Cant you just see the look on the children's faces when my avi opens the door .LOL

Lofty keep racking up those numbers.

PBC prayers for your friends daughter.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Aussie on 2 months.
Congrats too to you Lofty on 2 weeks

D