View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

Lofty, Dee is so right (of course). We get it. It takes what it takes, and we know that from firsthand experience. The only thing I think when I see you here is how much I'm pulling for you.

Aussie, I'm so happy to hear YOUR happy coming through! That's awesome.

Mirage, have you seen Sully yet? We're thinking of seeing it for date night tonight. Any thoughts? Tom Hanks rarely disappoints.

Hi Babs and Dee!

My best friend's daughter is going through some pretty serious health stuff ... stuff including excruciating pain and no answers. I am considering flying down to help out for a few days, if it would actually BE a help. That would not be possible, physically, mentally, or emotionally, if I weren't sober. So many others benefit from our sobriety.

Last night I ended up leading our Recovery Bible Study, too, on the fly. I am grateful for the ability to step in and facilitate something like that well. My job has taught me those skills. I was talking with a friend this morning, and I always tell her how AA has made me better at my job. She pointed out that, this time, my job helped me with AA. It's all holistic, isn't it? Everything affects everything.

All the ladies from our AA meeting are going out for lunch after the meeting today. It should be fun!