Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Thanks!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

CG-- congrats on Day 3 and glad you are feeling better. I remember that feeling all too well. Did you ever see a doctor for the pain in your stomach when you had that? Guess I am curious as to what it was, or anything that might have helped.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

No, never have. It always goes away after several "dry" days. If it doesn't this time I'll definitely go in
Old 08-25-2016, 08:41 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Does it hurt all the time? My doctor said she'd be more concerned if it was the right side experiencing pain, which I found odd. But. WTH do I know? LOL
Old 08-25-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Just a guess--but isn't your appendix on the right side?
Old 08-25-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

yes, which is why she probably wasn't too concerned or demanding I be seen
Old 08-25-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

What your doc said makes sense to me - the liver is on the right as does the appendix, so I'd be more concerned about the right side, too.

I only notice it when I've gone awhile without eating or am not busy doing something else. It's hard to describe- sometimes it feels like a light throb and sometimes it feels like a light sharpness. Last night it felt more like something was in there that needs to come out. Like a heaviness.

Not to be gross but usually once I've gotten out all the bile from detoxing I usually notice it's gone again. And the severity lines up with how awful the last binge was (how long and how much)
Old 08-25-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Yeah, finally put that library degree to work

More than likely it makes sense that it's related to my digestive tract. (Which makes the most sense since it goes away once I've expelled all that wonderful binge bile)

🙄 so sorry to be gross, guys

Let's move on to happier subjects, yes?
Old 08-25-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Ha! Yes, okay but I can relate to the symptoms for sure!
Old 08-25-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! How is every one? I'm good. Still sober and still working on improving myself every day some how.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Good morning and Happy Friday all!
I think I have come to peace with the job offer. I countered, and she countered my counter. I had a nice discussion with her, and while she doesn't disagree that the salary is low, but they just want to give me time to grow in to the position and prove my abilities. I have been out of the market for almost a year, and this is a new industry I am getting in to. So, money coming in is better then nothing coming in right? And it is a way for me to learn this new business.
So, today I am going to just "unplug" , and regroup.
Hope you all have a great day!
--Camery
Old 08-26-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Morning, all- day 4 (again) and checking in

Ppe- congrats on still being sober-and good to "see" you here 😊
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Good for you CG! I had a rough night with my AV. I think I was almost talked in to drinking to just be able to sleep and not worry about things. Finances, etc. But I went to bed instead and got a good nights sleep.
Today I am feeling anxious all over again, not sure if I made the right decision or not. Got an email last night from someone I met with a few weeks ago about a job.... and I don't know what to do.......... UGH
Old 08-26-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Oh, brother, I hope things shape up for u soon Camery!!! I'm glad u finally got some sleep. I know that feeling of anxiety all too well and it's hard to get rid of. Im having job anxiety, too, and it bugs me something fierce that there's really nothing I can do about my past. I can speak from experience when I try to literally drown out those thoughts I end up in an even worse place than where I was before trying to hide from it in a bottle. So chin up, friend, and hang tough thru this. I know it's easier said than done, but try to put it in the hands of the universe and focus instead on continuing making positive changes. U got this!!! This too shall someday pass

Giant group hug!!!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

I decided to go thru with meeting with this other company-- even tho I have an accepted offer. This is a great opportunity and one I don't want to pass up. I feel really !@##$ doing it, but it isn't one I am willing to pass up at this point.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:21 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

I think it's great to follow thru. It's business for them, only personal for u. And u need to take care of u ❤️💕😘
Old 08-26-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Wow...so good to read back on familiar folks that mean a lot to me! I've not been especially well, but ... I'll always feel safe and welcomed here, in spite of setbacks; once a Mayfly, etc...

There is definitely something to be said for "joining a newcomer group," which I'd never done before; you guys still resonate with me! And you give me hope...I'm not ready to disappear quite yet--Arp
Old 08-26-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Sounds like a complicated situation Camery. I think you are doing the right thing in being diligent in checking in to every opportunity before you start...when companies do not meet your expectations (and especially since you countered) they really should expect these types of things. When are you supposed to start at the company with the accepted offer? Does the other company you met with know you are on an accelerated timeline?

Great job CG on your 4 days!! Keep on keepin on and remember to use your support/sobriety plan when you begin to feel "restless, irritable, or discontent."

Good to see you Arp and Purple!! Congrats Purple on all your days (close to 4 months I believe) and congrats Arp for continuing to dust yourself off and get back up
Old 08-26-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, late Friday night here....

CGal, congrats to Day 4, keep it going, you can do this

Camery, it seems your jobs are like the London busses, they don't show up at all or they arrive all at once. Fingers crossed this 2nd opportunity works out for you. You're worth it!!!!

Hey Arp and PPE, great to hear from you guys.

Here's to a sober weekend coming up, here in UK we have a 3 day weekend this time. Have fun!

Prayers for everyone who's struggling.....
Old 08-26-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Yeah, things are complicated alright! So, I am actually not sure what I am doing. I start the new job Monday, but just to go over benefits, etc. The next step with the other company is a potential interview with the President and CEO. I am playing a "gamble" here. Both opportunities are good ones, and I think I will be happy either way. And it was/is time to get back to work. The longer I am off the harder it will be to market myself.
So, hence the guilt. But on the flip side, it happens all the time, and I need to do what I feel is right for me. The job I interviewed today is 2 hours away, so I would have to move. Which, is one of the reasons I am intrigued by it.... I need to distance myself from my unsupportive friends and family.
Oh well, I am going to just relax this weekend, and get rid of this anxiety before it wrecks me even more.