Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 09-19-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Loving the group support guys it's a wonderful thing. My evening turned out pretty wonderful and involved loud music and me and my girls all tidying our bedrooms and having a laugh.....very weird for this to bring such joy but it did and I'm grateful for those little moments.
I for one am going to up my AA attendance and work harder for sobriety because so far this ego driven woman isn't doing a right good job on her own. Keep coming back they say so I will!
Goodnight friends xxx
Old 09-19-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Have a restful night, jo.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Goodnight Jo! Hope you sleep well!
Old 09-19-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
loud music and me and my girls all tidying our bedrooms and having a laugh.....very weird for this to bring such joy
That's the most joyous thing I've heard all day!

Love you, girlie,
Arp
Old 09-20-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hi all. Just finished work. My plan for tonight is:
Sit with my youngest and help her with her maths and then make a healthy (ish) dinner while she reads to me. She's 8 and needs a bit of mum time on the school front I suspect.
Then they go to their dad's at 6 and I'll go to an AA meeting at 8. In between I'll do a few chores (they help my self esteem somewhat).
Then bed at 9.30 with camomile tea.
Anyone else got any nice plans?
Although this time difference we've got sometimes throws our communicationdoesn't it?
Take care all you mean so much to me xxx
Old 09-20-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great plan Jo! Yes, the time zones are funny. Here you are planning your evening, and we are still working on our day! LOL.
Nothing too fun planned here. Packing, purging, etc. I finally "finalized" my moving company so now it is in full gear.. I did do some shopping yesterday for my new house, I needed that mental break. Bought some new things for my bathrooms, and some fun kitchen things for my "fiesta kitchen" décor I have planned.
Sore muscles today are what I am dealing with. My doctor prescribed me some muscle relaxers but I have never taken any and am afraid to, not knowing what they will do to me. So, instead I took an IBU and so far it seems to be working.
Other then that, I got nothin'. Mixed up some of my sparkling water "mocktails" for my afternoon treat, and looking forward to that, seeing as it has been awhile since I had one.
Have a great day/evening everyone!
--Camery
Old 09-20-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Just think Camery a proper fresh start! It's out with the old in with the new.....enjoy the mockails!
Old 09-20-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Totally boring night for me As dinner and cardio are the only 2 things on my "to do" list.
Jo-Way to have a plan!
Camery-Sounds like you're making good progress!
A Big Hello to everyone else!
Old 09-20-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Tonight has been soooo nice. Helping my youngest daughter, eldest cooking dinner with me and a great AA meeting.
Arp - no lie here.....despite all that the only thing that really truly kept me sober tonight (being my child free night) was going to AA.....I need it and I'm not too proud to admit it. So here I am putting fresh bedding on my bed looking forward to my fizzy lemonade and a cozy night to myself.
Wishing you all a lovely rest of your day/morning/evening.....lots of love from a grateful mayfly xxx
Old 09-20-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

OK folks. Broke down and asked my family for help. Moving day is fast approaching, and I realized I cant do it alone. The response I got was " Too busy this week, swamped at work, out of town. " And a number of ones I am too !@##$# to mention.
I wont drink, I wont drink, I wont drink, I wont drink.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
OK folks. Broke down and asked my family for help. Moving day is fast approaching, and I realized I cant do it alone. The response I got was " Too busy this week, swamped at work, out of town. " And a number of ones I am too !@##$# to mention.
I wont drink, I wont drink, I wont drink, I wont drink.
Camery PLEASE don't. I feel your stress I really do it you are doing so bloody well you really are. Try and break the mountain of jobs down on a list and do bits as you can. This is your time now. Amaze yourself and do it! Loads of love xxx
Old 09-20-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Thanks Jo. I promise I wont drink. I don't have any booze here TO drink, and I just realized I have no idea where my car keys are even if I wanted to. ( that could pose a problem, but I will deal with that later. )
I took some deep breaths, smoke a cigarette, ( LOL) analyzed the situation, and decided to work at it for another hour and then give it a rest for today. I haven't eaten all day, my legs are killin me, and I cant push myself to breaking point this early in the game.
Thanks for the support, I so appreciate it!
Love you girl!!!!
Old 09-20-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Good girl take it steady once you've stopped working and try and switch off for the day. Love you too friend xxx
Old 09-20-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Camery

I had help the last time cos I'm not longer very secure on my feet, but I've moved myself other times.

Organisation is key...write a list of what you have to do and check the things off...you'll be ok

Maybe there's a friend or two who could lend a hand?

D
Old 09-20-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

((Camery)) Sorry that your family wasn't able to pitch in. Hopefully they will rally and help out as they have time/availability. Either way, eye on the prize....in a few weeks this will all be behind you and you will be embarking on the next chapter in your life! Wish I lived closer because I would be there to help in a skinny minute!
Old 09-20-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Jo- So glad to hear you're having a good night! I never had the opportunity to have daughters, but I've always been a little jealous of those who have that special bond
Old 09-20-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Jo- So glad to hear you're having a good night! I never had the opportunity to have daughters, but I've always been a little jealous of those who have that special bond
Thank you Simplicity......they are my world and I want their world to be more safe and secure with a sober mummy......take care xxx
Old 09-20-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys - join us here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-8-a.html

D