Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 09-03-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support all! Things are evening out here and calming down. Just think everyone was amped up after the long drive through a tropical storm! I am thankfully sober watching a wicked game of ping pong.

Camery & Elke- sending lots of positivity your way! Uncertainty is the worse! Praying opportunity, peace, & clarity for u both. Life is a funny scary trust walk and I'm super proud of both of u for staying sober despite the stress!
Old 09-03-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Well Bad news and good news here. I have been drinking. I got to 100 days then went on stag weekend and got totally drunk! Since then I have been drinking in moderation. I figured I'd lost my zero alcohol record and just started having few. Amd so far that has been workimg out quite well. I just wanted to pop in and say hi so you didn't think I'd just disappeared.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:55 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to go for abstinence again Ben. That drinking road just leads back to the same place...

D
Old 09-04-2016, 06:38 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear the news Ben. I think most of us hope the moderation drinking works, and it may work for some, but like Dee said, any drinking leads to that scary road you worked so hard to get off of.
Old 09-04-2016, 06:44 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Happy Sunday Funday! Headed to a small town about 40 minutes from here the see the "travelling Vietnam War wall" with my neighbor who is a Vet. Sun is shining, coffee is brewing, and I have to find things to occupy my mind. I had a restless night of sleep thinking about this whole dilemma I have gotten myself in to and my AV is really playing me this weekend.
Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Hi everyone, Well Bad news and good news here. I have been drinking. I got to 100 days then went on stag weekend and got totally drunk! Since then I have been drinking in moderation. I figured I'd lost my zero alcohol record and just started having few. Amd so far that has been workimg out quite well. I just wanted to pop in and say hi so you didn't think I'd just disappeared.
Good to hear from you Ben! I've been thinking bout you and wondering how you are doing! I hope you'll continue to post here from time to time and let us know how your doing....once a mayfly, always a mayfly If u ever need us we're here for u!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Camery- don't stress too much girl! Think of the positives! You have a job and that's the best position to be! In the Long run you need to make the best decision for you, so if they offer u this other job and that's what feels right-GO FOR IT! As far as your new employer goes, they ultimately will see it as a business decision....as they are well aware of the pay gap between their offer and your expectation. As far as the fam goes, shake it off. They love u know matter what. I don't know your family dynamics but I do know even with family boundaries are sometimes necessary and they will come to respect them if u stick to ur guns! If you're not offered the job, keep looking for something that will make u happy because u deserve it!
Old 09-04-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Day 2 of vaca is going well! I'm keeping to my usual routine....so I went for my morning run and now I'm just catching up here and going to laze around a little and catch up on some reading. The beach is out for today as the tropical storm has the surf looking angry but the winds have died down dramatically and the sun is peaking through from time to time. The drinking around here has slowed to a manageable pace and everyone seems to be respecting my sobriety stance.....although I did get a few shocked looks it feels great waking up sober and not having to worry about what I said or did the night before. No walk of shame! Haha!
Old 09-04-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I am thinking of joining you again I hate that I started drinking again but to be fair it's not going to Bad at the minute. I owe so much to you guys( like my health ! ) glad to have posted so you all know where I am it's been bothering me. I'll be back im sure.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice Simple! Love ya girl!
Old 09-04-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that Ben! We've missed you! And I am glad to hear that you are doing well!
Old 09-04-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hey Ben, so great to hear from you, welcome back! Remember it's one day at a time. Can you do one day without a drink?

Simple, so good to hear that you're enjoying your sober vaca!!!

Don't worry be happy guys, one day at a time, love ya all mayflies....
Old 09-05-2016, 06:42 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Happy Labor Day! Decided to spend the day relaxing. Slept in ( well, I was up at 4am but didn't get up till now) Good day to just sit back and chill. Bought some fresh fruit and veggies yesterday, so I will cut those up for some healthy snacks, etc.
Glad to hear from all of you! As always thanks for all of your support and kind words. You guys are the bestest!!!! I love ya!
--Camery
Old 09-05-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Happy Labor Day all! Still hanging tough but fighting the AV. Keeping to my normal schedule, taking plenty of "breaks" from the group....just find myself feeling like I'm not gelling with the group. I bailed on the beer garden trip and just basically not really feeling like I'm connecting with the others. Ugh. Guess I should add that this week is the anniversary of losing my son.....think that's adding a lot of emotional turmoil to the mix.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Feeling a little more stable now. Funny how I'm all over the place : / oh well, onward and upward.
Old 09-05-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you US guys are dealing with the long weekend OK

I don;t want to be the voice of doom Ben but the lomnger you stay out there the worse the crash is likely to be.

My relationship with alcohol never changed - I never learned to 'drink normal' -I just got lulled into a false sense of security sometimes.

I've been there - several times.

D
Old 09-06-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Simplicity4114 View Post
Feeling a little more stable now. Funny how I'm all over the place : / oh well, onward and upward.
Progress, not perfection Simplicity! Sounds like you are doing great and doing what you need to do to maintain your sobriety. You can do this!!

Just catching up on all the posts...was on a short Labor Day vacation to Chicago and Green Bay for the LSU-Wisconsin game. Lots and lots of drinking going on but managed to enjoy myself without partaking.

Good luck on the job situations Camery and Elke...sounds like you both have (or are going to have) options which is much more desirable than the alternative!! Keep us posted...

Good to see you back Ben and keep us apprised at how things are going. Just remember it is a slippery slope and here lots of tails about people going back out, moderating for awhile, getting comfortable, and then end up drinking at an even faster rate than previous. Alcoholism is cunning, baffling, and powerful. Keep your guard up!!

Hope you are feeling better Flossy and have been able to get some rest. Sounds like you have been having some serious anxiety and hope the meditation has been helpful. We are here with you and congratulations for not drinking...certainly not going to help.

Hope everyone else is doing well (Arp, Jo, CG, Tootiesdad, Purple, etc)!!
Old 09-06-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

WOW. Is all I can say about today. So, apparently after 4 days of this new job, I am supposed to know the ins and outs of the job with out asking questions or making ANY mistakes. Earlier in the day, my boss was literally screaming at me telling me that if I thought I was detail oriented I was badly mistaken. ( uhm.... first I ever heard that) Because I am a perfectionist and these tasks I am assigned are so critical that they are right for many reasons, I wanted to be sure I was correct-- I mean seriously? After a new employee starts, and really does the job on their own one or two days tops, they are to know the ins AND outs with no questions or reassurance? After all that was said and done at the end of the day today, she fired me. Still no word from the other job, so I am once again, unemployed.
As much as it hurts to get fired, it is a blessing in disguise in all reality. I wasn't happy there, they low balled me on salary, and it wasn't a "career" I saw any advancement on in the future.
So, onward and upward right? I will continue keepin on keepin on!
Hope you are all doing well. I am sad, but ya know, I am no quitter, and I will persevere.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds pretty intolerable to me Camery - fingers crossed for better opportunities

D
Old 09-06-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! I am sad, anxious, defeated and every emotion you can imagine right now, but I will not drink.