Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 7

Old 08-23-2016, 07:56 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good on you for realizing a drink is not the answer, Camery. Stick close to here the next couple of days--I know in the past when I've almost given myself permission to drink, it's hard to get that switch all the way back to 'no' sometimes. We're here for you.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Great job on hanging tough Camery!! Proud of you

Good to see you Elke Sorry for your loss but glad you are posting and good luck as well on the job search.

I lost my job due to the legal ramifications from my last drinking episode 116 days ago, so I am also unemployed at the moment. We'll all get through it and be better off for the positive changes we are in the process of making. And if there is one thing I am sure of, drinking will not make any of the issues we are facing better...not even a little bit.
Old 08-24-2016, 07:42 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Well, I got my job offer today. Salary came in 13,000 less then what I have typically been making. So, I am going to counter, but not sure they will accept it. And then I have to make the decision if it is worth it to take that significant of a pay cut.
I just cant win lately.................. Of course, my oh so supportive family seems to think I should just take the job and look for something better, which hardly seems fair to me or them.
This on top of all the anxiety I face every day lately has my stomach in knots.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Well, that is certainly significant, Camery...does your gut tell u to counter?

I'm on day 2 - again - 😣 but still trying!!!!

Eagle, Elke, and Camery were u at least given a severance or anything? How are u making ends meet? I live in such a rural area I know it would be hard to find something else if admins let me go...although at this point I can't say I would blame them...which is hard to admit to myself
Old 08-24-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Yes my gut tells me to counter, once I get the offer I will. It just sucks! I don't really want to have to settle, and to be honest I don't know that I will.
I was fortunate enuf to be able to live off my savings, not the ideal situation, but it pays the bills
Old 08-24-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CountryGal123 View Post

I'm on day 2 - again - 😣 but still trying!!!!

Eagle, Elke, and Camery were u at least given a severance or anything? How are u making ends meet? I live in such a rural area I know it would be hard to find something else if admins let me go...although at this point I can't say I would blame them...which is hard to admit to myself
Congrats CG for sticking with it...one of the AA mottos is "Keep coming back..it works if you work it (and you're worth it)." If you have the desire (and I know you do) it will eventually stick if you find a program that works for you.

I got 3 months severance which runs out the middle of next month. Then I will be in to my savings which will last awhile. My hope is to have something within the next year...hoping to be able to stay in my area without having to relocate, but will do so if I need to.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I have a bad gut feeling I need to up my savings....

So glad they gave u something Eagle! And that u both had some savings to help u get to the next best thing

Your stories and sobriety give me hope!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I don't really know what to do. I spoke to the CFO this morning who promised me an offer letter. Nothing yet. I plan to counter, but not sure they'd go for it. I have been out of the market for several months, and my chances are slim to maybe none of really getting that perfect job. So, what to do? Counter hope they accept or just take it? My "unsupportive" family has said I have been unemployed too long, and it is time I take a job. If today isn't a good reason to start drinkin I don't know............... But I wont.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

You've come too far to throw in the towel, Camery 💕

I am not an executive so I'm not sure I should give u my two cents...that said, aside from the salary do u feel it would be a good fit? Just taking the $ off the table, would u like this position? If yes, I say go for it and keep your eyes peeled for other opportunities. If not, then I would definitely counter and put it in the hands of the universe

Again, that's just my two cents worth. But definitely whatever u do, don't give this power over u, your emotions, and most definitely your sobriety. The rabbit hole only gets deeper with our disease / affliction

Group hug!
Old 08-24-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camery03 View Post
I don't really know what to do. I spoke to the CFO this morning who promised me an offer letter. Nothing yet. I plan to counter, but not sure they'd go for it. I have been out of the market for several months, and my chances are slim to maybe none of really getting that perfect job. So, what to do? Counter hope they accept or just take it? My "unsupportive" family has said I have been unemployed too long, and it is time I take a job. If today isn't a good reason to start drinkin I don't know............... But I wont.
You may want to counter and see what they come back with. Maybe they meet your request or maybe they say something like after 6 months if it is a fit on both sides we agree to up your salary to this amount. Either way, the knowledge is out there that you have these expectations and if they still want to hire you, they are aware that they will need to pay up at some point to retain you.

It is also usually easier to get a job when you already have one, so maybe you take this one with the expectation if they don't meet your salary needs that after a given period of time you will look around. In today's transient job environment, if you give them at least a year or so I don't think you've shortchanged them hiring you. You can take on specific projects or so discussed upon your hiring, leave the company/job better than you found it, and move on with a clear conscience if something better comes along. Who knows, by then they make have recognized your contribution and upped your pay commiserate to what you were making before.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! Still undecided at this point, but I appreciate all of the feedback. Long night ahead of me.
Old 08-24-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

If today isn't a good reason to start drinkin I don't know
Hi Camery's AV

Drinking's not going to get Camery that job, it's not going to make her feel less emotional but more, and it won't leave her in a good spot to take any calls or letters once you're done.

Go away and take your lies with you.....

............... But I wont.
We know it, Camery

There's other ways to get through tough times, Camery:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...f-respite.html

D
Old 08-24-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hi guys, thanks for your condolences, much appreciated

Hey country gal, well done for making a new start, keep going girl, you know you can do it!

Camery, congrats for getting the job offer and good luck with the negotiations. Whatever happens, please don't drink ok.

I'm living off my savings but 'the end is near' as they say. Hey ho, trying to be positive and keep job hunting.... my next job is out there somewhere...

Thanks for your support my lovely Mayflies, it's great to read your posts, as always.

It's almost midnight here, better get some sleep... have a sober Thursday everyone.
Old 08-25-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Good morning all-
Sleepless restless night here. Lots of heavy rain and thunder kept me up all night on top of everything else on my mind.
I have decided to counter their offer despite what most people have told me. I don't feel as if that significant of a cut in pay is going to make me "happy" and if I don't I might regret it just taking it and going to work everyday thinking I could be doing more. Its a gamble I know, but I feel like I am worth it. Plus, in the interview when salary was discussed I gave them a number I'd be comfortable with and they still lowballed me. I wish there was an easy answer here for me.
Today I woke up with severe pain in my stomach when I cough which I have been doing a lot of with all the smoking I do. Not sure what that is, and I don't really want to have to go in to the hospital. Not sure if the stress and anxiety are playing a toll on that or ?
Anyways, I am rambling now...... I will keep you all posted. Have a great day!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Great to from u Elke! So glad u had a savings to help u along ☺️
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Best of luck on countering, Camery - did they make it official yet?

Your stomach pain makes me concerned- does it only happen when u cough?
Old 08-25-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Nothing is official yet. Yes, it only happens when I cough. It is fine otherwise. And on the left side which is the side I sleep on. I haven't been eating a lot lately and my water intake is down. I did email my doctor, and she said stress takes a serious toll on the abdomen and body in general. I was worried about all sorts of things, and she assured me that perhaps it is muscle strain, or my overall anxiety. It seems to lessen as the day goes on.......... Strange.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:49 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Well, here we are again on another day 3....

At least I'm not shaky with the chills and sweats so bad anymore. Sigh.

Keep on keepin' on Mayflies!!!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

I'm glad u consulted your doctor and it sounds like it could just be stress related, which isn't great but a lot better than a lot of alternatives 💕

Whenever I detox I get a pain in my left side, toward the back. It goes away after so many days though (4-8 or so, depending how incredibly bad I've been) oh, brother- am I a glutton for punishment or what?!?!?!?!!
Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I never had the pain in the side when I detoxed, so I don't know what that feels like. But, yes, she did kind of assure me it wasn't anything I needed to rush in for but something to check out if it keeps happening. I ate a lot of "carbie" food last night and when I do that I think it plays a number on me since I typically don't eat any carbs.