Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 07-04-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Happy Independence Day! We are going to a parade and a bbq. Gonna bring my own bev. Staying sober is priority today.

This whole week will be a major test with limited responsibilities (no school and little work) for the holiday. Traveling to my moms for a few days. I haven't drank since I was up to visit her last month. 18 days.

So. I hope you all have a great day. Check in
Old 07-04-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Never Again

Happy to be a member of the Class of July 2016! Day 2 for me. Really need to keep my guard up and plan for my recovery. Sometimes I think that I don't know how to live sober after all these years. But there's nothing that I want to do more. Thanks for all of the support. I'm overwhelmed by the love, insight, and knowledge of the SR family!
Old 07-04-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Good morning all, can I please join this one, I think my third attempt but what matters is never giving up giving up right ???

I figured that instead of trying to diet and lose weight and do this I'd focus on one thing at a time so.. here goes... I'm on Day 0 but don't intend to drink for the next 24 hours.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!! x
Welcome!! Yes and one thing at a time is huge, you can do this, just think about today, today. I find that posting around here is very helpful, I've started my own accountability thread so I make myself post something daily. I found last time that once I stopped posting, I didn't make not drinking a priority and quickly relapsed. Reading, posting, talking about it really helps. Also, have at least one real world person that knows and can support you.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BarOwnersSon View Post
Happy to be a member of the Class of July 2016! Day 2 for me. Really need to keep my guard up and plan for my recovery. Sometimes I think that I don't know how to live sober after all these years. But there's nothing that I want to do more. Thanks for all of the support. I'm overwhelmed by the love, insight, and knowledge of the SR family!
I hear you !!!! That is exactly how I feel re not knowing what to do without the old routine we are used too, well done on day 2 ....
Old 07-04-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good luck janeeb...I'm on day 17, made it through 3 straight weekends. If I can do it you can too. This site has really helped. Happy 4th.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Independence Day

Can I join the July class? I flunked out of the June Class : ( Guess Independence Day is as good a day to start over as any, ready to be independent from alcohol for good. I fell into the trap of "i'll just drink one to stop my pounding headache", yea, well, that didn't go so well. Shocking, right? In retrospect I was feeling better 10 days sober even with a pounding headache vs how I have felt while drinking again.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hi LuckyBamboo welcome !! Looking forward to getting to know everyone x
Old 07-04-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Just a note to say welcome to SR and strong going, July-ers!!
Old 07-04-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Joining the class
Old 07-04-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Today marks day 3! It's been difficult, but staying strong. I woke up without a hangover this morning (unusual occurrence on days I don't have to work) so I treated myself to breakfast out! I've decided to celebrate the small things. Such as that. Small-term goals which will lead me to my longer-term goals. That way it isn't so overwhelming. Today we are feeling pretty crummy here. We seem to have caught a cold of some sort. Plus it's raining, so I think I'm going to set some goals for today nothing major. Mainly just get my bedroom cleaned up, laundry done, and finish a set of movies we bought last week. My aunt said that when she was first going through recovery, the little daily goals helped. Happy Fourth of July you guys! May we all stay strong! I look forward to getting to know you all more as we go through this journey together!
Old 07-04-2016, 11:50 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Joining the July class

I'm willing to try anything. I need help and will do what ever I can to help you guys. I want this to be my last day one as I have had many
Old 07-04-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

A quick check-in on Day 3 here. Didn't sleep well and feel groggy and having alot of anxiety. Going to spend the day doing laundry then color my hair then relax and make a plan for this week.
Alot of great posts in this thread. Looking forward to catching up later. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 07-04-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Checking in nearly done day 1. Just chillin watching Netflix
Old 07-04-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Time sure does move slow on day one!
Old 07-04-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Feels like I'm waiting for bedtime not sure if I will sleep but prepared for it good luck everyone !!!!
Old 07-04-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hey all...
Just a quick check in!! Welcome to all the new people. The more, the merrier, I say!!
A quick shout out to Chickenlady. I remember you from May class, and I'm glad you're here!! We just have to keep trying. We WILL all get there. I have faith!!

Anyway, I will hopefully post more later, but my mom is here now. She came over this morning and has never left. It feels amazing that she wants to spend time with me. She says I'm more like the old me than I have been in a long time, and she likes that. She said she's missed that me, and it made me cry. My family is slowly letting me back in, and it feels amazing!!
So, my word for today is grateful. I am so grateful my family is giving me another chance. And just for today, that is enough to keep me on the right path. Just for today.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!! I'm thinking of you all. We can do this together!!
Old 07-04-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome barownersson., mattq, luckybamboo and Trees

D
Old 07-04-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hey sugarangel, I thought that name was familiar. Welcome to July, you're right we can totally do this! I'm happy to hear you are making strides with your family. Glad to see you here!
Old 07-04-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, this is day two for me. I was in the April class last time, but have been trying to get sober for a long time, most of this year! I don't know what's wrong with me, I mean, I know I'm an alcoholic but I don't know why I can't stay quit. I'm feeling terrible.

I'm going to join this class, and will be starting over making my recovery plan. I didn't really stick to it before. I get all wrapped up in work and being busy and let my recovery come second or third.

I'm so glad you guys are here. I hated to come back because it's so horrible that I drank again, but the other option is too bleak, so here I am again.... Ready to do whatever it takes. I'm thinking of looking for a new job, one where I don't have to host and attend parties with alcohol.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hi there Julys,
Im on day 1 and looking to join you guys if that's ok? I've had some solid sober time in the past, but unfortunately relapsed about 6 weeks or so ago. I can feel myself creeping slowly back into old habits and would really like to get sober again. I felt a lot more confident in myself when I was sober. I felt like I looked better, and I felt happier in myself. Seeing my doctor on Thursday as this really helped me with my last sober period. Looking to make some sober buddies to help me through this. Wouldn't it be great if we could come into Christmas this year with 6 months sobriety under our belt?