Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 07-06-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to Michelle, Sunflowerlife, talb Lawdawg Pamel and anyone I missed (battling a cold today..head is foggy)

Pamel I don't believe any addiction is better or less bad than another...in the case of pills and drink, both can kill you.

I'm glad you're back

congrats on 7 days Betha and anyone else hitting a milestone

D
Dee, I know you from so many years ago...Dan was still with us then...
Old 07-06-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Morning all - slept better last night got up at 5:40 and took the dog out, finally starting to feel a bit better. Trying to stick to 10pm bedtime to get myself used to sleeping unaided !!!

Not sure how today will go pretty determined but soon the voices will start 'you have got this now, treat yourself to just one glass tonight' but I pledge if I feel like taking that first drink I will come on here and yell at the top of my voice for help !!!

Support from people going through the exact same process is priceless and should not be underestimated and here is where I have fallen down previously.

So, good luck to everyone for another successful day xxx
I have to say that I felt very tired this morning until I remembered that I took Aleve PM at 5AM...
Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Oh dear... Hope you can get back to normal soon. Drink lots of water!

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
I have to say that I felt very tired this morning until I remembered that I took Aleve PM at 5AM...
Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I've been making phone calls to see if I can get an assessment sooner. I may be able to get one day after tomorrow. I'm also looking into going to a detox facility. I'll know more by tomorrow.
In the meantime sleeping and reading online. There's alot of cool recovery related stuff on Instagram too if anyone has that app. You just search for terms like 'sobriety' and 'recovery' and there's a gajillion others.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

I'm in! Two weeks in to sobriety here and determined to kick this pattern.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Day 2.
Putting my adult panties on and taking baby steps.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you worked through that Janeeb

Originally Posted by Pamel View Post
Dee, I know you from so many years ago...Dan was still with us then...
I've been here a while, but not that long Pamel.
2007 onwards

It's great to see you trying again

D
Old 07-06-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Day 5 of sobriety.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ovrslov View Post
Congratulations on Day 2!! That's great!!
Well thank you!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

End of day 7 is proving to be a little tougher than I thought. I'm sick, the girl is super grumpy, the boy is just whining about everything...I'm staying away, posting here and having my sparkly water close at hand. I've already drank two soda waters, I usually only have one each night. It's far better than the alternative. About to make some strawberry shakes for me and the boy since the girl is now sleeping, going to turn this night around. Just breathe, a little stress is no reason to drink. 🤐
Old 07-06-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberella66 View Post
I've been making phone calls to see if I can get an assessment sooner. I may be able to get one day after tomorrow. I'm also looking into going to a detox facility. I'll know more by tomorrow. In the meantime sleeping and reading online. There's alot of cool recovery related stuff on Instagram too if anyone has that app. You just search for terms like 'sobriety' and 'recovery' and there's a gajillion others.
I hope you can get the help you are looking for. I think it's great you are putting so much effort into finding support- that is a huge step.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chickenlady06 View Post
End of day 7 is proving to be a little tougher than I thought. I'm sick, the girl is super grumpy, the boy is just whining about everything...I'm staying away, posting here and having my sparkly water close at hand. I've already drank two soda waters, I usually only have one each night. It's far better than the alternative. About to make some strawberry shakes for me and the boy since the girl is now sleeping, going to turn this night around. Just breathe, a little stress is no reason to drink. edd10
You are right about that. Stress was never a good reason to drink even though it may have worked temporarily- never in the long run. Is "the boy" and "the girl" your children?
Old 07-06-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Survived day two. Had very briefs thoughts of drinking but I didn't even need to fight them. I am realizing how much easier this is when the "tape" is current. I can remind myself of how crappy I felt last week or how unproductive I was just last weekend or of something stupid I did. It's when I get to a point where those things aren't so fresh anymore that I lose motivation - at least that is what happened when I relapsed. I gotta find a way to keep the pain fresh somehow. Maybe therapy will help with that.

I finally found someone but already had to reschedule due to a work conflict. I can't wait to be in a rhythm with a therapist again- I really love having that extra support that I don't get at home and especially not where we live since my family is states and states away. No close friends near by either. It can be lonely at times. Hope you are all feeling good tonight.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I would really like to join the class of July if that's ok. Hoping it can be my final "class" and my home for a long time to come. Thank you all and hope you're having a great day
Old 07-06-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
I would really like to join the class of July if that's ok. Hoping it can be my final "class" and my home for a long time to come. Thank you all and hope you're having a great day
Welcome Eliasson- I am hoping this is my final class as well
Old 07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
Day 2.
Putting my adult panties on and taking baby steps.
I feel the same way!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Me too! I don't know how many classes I've been in. I would get depressed if I tried counting them.
Day four here. Very tired tonight, but not wanting a drink. Grateful for that!
I have a long way to go.

My stay sober plan is:

1) Ask God every morning to keep me sober that day

2) Put anything I can't control and is worrying me in a box I call my God Box, and remembering it's there every time I start to worry about it. Mostly people who hurt my feelings (sensitivity is one of my worst problems). Also alcohol is in my God Box and I have to go take it out of the Box if I decide to drink (it's just a piece of paper with 'alcohol' written on it)

3) Call and talk to at least one person from AA every day. It took only three calls to get someone to answer tonight and it was a great conversation.

4) Go to a meeting most days. I can not go if I really, badly need a night off and went the night before,

5) Read and post here once a day at least

6) Eat healthy, don't get hungry, drink lots of fluids all day, especially right before I leave work, since that's my trigger time.

7) Start working the steps, fire my sponsor if she won't work them with me. I'm starting with step Zero, without a sponsor, because I think it's important for me to figure out what I've done wrong up to this point that makes me keep relapsing.

9) Thank God every night for keeping me sober that day.

I'll let you guys know how it goes. I am determined to stick to this!

If anyone has any ideas of things I left off or any comments or help with the plan I've come up with, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks all!
Old 07-06-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Oh, and I forgot to add that I have to find a way not to have to serve alcohol at work anymore and not to have to go to drinking parties for work.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Lol. Yes, sunflower, I have a 7 yo boy and a 9 mo old girl.
I figured out why she was so upset, she covered me in the contents of her stomach, I had no idea her tiny body could even hold that much. My poor baby.
But my hubs walked in from his workshop just after is happened, the girl was naked and on the floor, happy. I'm stripped down to my underwear hollering at the boy to bring me a bigger towel, he seriously handed me a tiny tea towel from the kitchen...😑 now I'm pretty grossed out and definitely have zero desire to drink.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

i posted in the wrong spot

Last edited by Betha; 07-06-2016 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Wrong place